Hey LoL Feminists, Take a seat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akava

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvier View Post
a) feminists are people (men and women) who believe women should be treated equally to men
they are not whiny *****es that hate boobs and ***

b) no ones complaining about the fact that the female human champs have boobs (except the ones that dont really need them other than to be sexualized)
like i dont care if nami has boobs
i care that they designed her frill and skin tone(s) to imply that she has human breasts (making it look like a "naked" skin tone, and making the frill look like a v-neck blouse revealing her cleavage) when the rest of her is clearly just a humanoid mermaid (humanoid =/= half-human)
i think they should have left her chest bare and green with lady lumps, but not imply she has something to hide (nips) like they did now
or go full hog and make all of her top half human..

c) feminists dont want them to stop making sexy champs
we like boobs too
we just want to see other body types and age groups AS WELL AS sexy champs
we just dont want to see the vast majority of female human champs be oversexualized while the male champs get all sorts of good stuff and wait for bones to be thrown to us so the "scary feminazis" can go away.
(ohh but you get leona and riven and varus)
good! but thats what, a few examples compared to the dozens men get?

i dont care if you're "90%" of the players (which i also think is a damn lie)
i dont care if you fap to the champions (go to rule 34 for that)
everyone should agree that seeing sexy champ after sexy champ (whether or not their character calls for it) is boring, unoriginal, repetitive, and since they dont make just as many sexy males, its sexist.
My experience may be limited, but every feminist I've ever met is always fighting for women to have the benefits men have with none of the drawbacks.

Equal my ass.

shamurai7

11-18-2012

as long as men like me with paychecks keep buying the sexy champs they will keep making them!
after 100+ champs this has held true!

perhaps someday they will appease you fringe minority of complainers and make an ugly chick who is fat with a nasty face and some poop skids for added satisfaction...

and her ult will be called 'inner beauty' and 20 people will buy her.

*downvoted for truth!!!*

Rachel

11-18-2012

The amount of ignorance that has derailed this thread is appalling.

King GrimPhenom

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
The amount of ignorance that has derailed this thread is appalling.
I thought this topic died

Jesus do you people sleep?

Elric Sadricson

11-18-2012

Personally I'm usually looking at their Q's more than their B's, I've never even noticed and I'm kind of surprised this is an issue.

ihaveapotion

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimPhenom View Post
Stop complaining about Female designs in league

Its fantasy and for ****s sake let the artists who design the champs realize their fantasies

Nobody cares that Elise has breasts she was once a woman

Nobody cares that outfits are revealing because Varus is practically naked and we (being men) haven't said a damn thing about him or Taric's Design

What's the problem, why do you keep bringing up female champ design? A woman who doesn't even EXIST having breasts and a decent figure is BAD to you?

Why is breasts such an issue with you people? Why is their figure such an issue? Tell me why ?
I dont think thats the issue at all, the issue is that its the same bodytype being ejected as a new champ while graphically the only thing thats really different are a few minor armor parts and perhaps 'the detail' of the helmet. after a whole bunch of 'sexy looking females' now a support that was said to be a water elemental, and then people expect something amorphic or weird, but its a mermaid (ok sure mermaids can work np) with again teets showing off as if the inspiration fell short after the mermaid part.

I think thats the issue people are a bit worked up on.

league of legends was a game with good diversity in its champions, yordles monsters humanoids and robots etc, but lately weve seen very few things that diverged itself from humanoids and every female since a long time has been 'a sexy girl'.
(yeah cept for lulu but shes a yordle and calling that sexy would be calling a baby sexy)

NinetyNineTails

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
I think this is the most healthy approach to the topic. People are going to talk about champions (and the depictions that champions are) because they are important to them. That's a good thing. Making up straw men (or straw feminists) isn't exactly treating the people or the subject matter with respect. Civility!
The straw feminist link makes me love you, davin.

Vonstahl

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshinmon View Post
The problem isn't the fact that we have female champions who all have large beasts and nice figures. It's because all the recent ones all look the same AND we don't have nearly as many 'female/gay fanservice' skins/champions then 'male fanservice skins/champions'

Here's just a few things off of the top of my head:

Female Fanserivce: Varus, Rugged Garen (Maybe), Pantheon (In a way) and........that's it unless you go for Gentleman Cho Gath.

Male Fanservice: Bunnygirl Riven, Schoolgirl Ahri, Just about every non-yordle female champion in one way or another- this encompasses at least 20+ champions (Eve, Elise, Zyra, I could go on....) You've got seductress champions (Ahri, Eve, Cassiopeia, and Elise in a way), dominating kink champions (Caitlyn and Sivir) Literal 'I drink in male 'essenses'' Ahri.

Most of YOU guys got the fanservice skins you asked for.

We haven't even gotten unprepared Garen, or a male seductor.
Put that in perspective.

Love,
An equalist.
You have a great point you really do but you forgot one thing

Riot is a business (they are out to make money) however the probably do enjoy having a product enjoyed by there customers/fans

the skins they are making are for profit so they can stay afloat and keep making the game you are here to play, not just champions for people to stare at

I have a feeling the number of skins targeted tword those who want to see sexy men and those who want to see sexy women are (as far as they know) praportionate to the numbers of people puchasing there skins, or the fact that (most likley) most of there fans like the sexy women skins better they will bring in more profit

Love
An admitedly slightly bias voice of reason :P

Eydolon

11-18-2012

The problem here is that i think the artists are forced top oversexualize their desogns by the higher ups, because *** sells and well this is a business.

Im pretty sure that if the artists were able to full˝y express themselves, we would have seen a lot of diversity... but it has been proven that ugly champs as urgot or trundle (which i saw a rioter saying that he was a mistake) just DONT sell as much,

Guys wanna see ****, and not fat ladies thowring thunders or something....
as fun as it would be... you know.. is not totally pleasen to the eye....

So IMO, it doesnt matter what rioters say,, i know they are tied by business decitions-

Vonstahl

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberLux View Post
Look at Olaf... Now look at Ezreal. You have 2 completelly different male characters. Now look at Jax, Yi, Garen, Xin, Viktor...

Now try to find the difference between our female characters. We have semi sexy monsters (Cassio, Nami, Elise, Zyra) and sexy humans (everyone else). The only char that i find different is Diana and Anivia..
Every ****ing woman in this game super sexy. We don't have a Gragas type, or a Shehulk, or a Karthus (an undead female necromancer). Even the most "powerfull" ladys here are sexy (Riven, Shyvana).

What's wrong with a non-oversexualyzed woman?
Annie, lulu, trist? im not into that kind of thing
Lux is covered neck to to, then there is irelia(mostly covered), Karma, and Kayle (they have a skin to remove the helm) leona
and are you saying that prty much all the guys arnt extremely fit?

Lee,garen,xin,malph even has rock hard abs, ryze and vyrus dont have hirts and are fit, and many others are very fit, even yorik is fit (and he is a zombie ,I think)

no it may not be to the same caliber but there are many guys running around without a shirt on, even the ever sexy teemo