Hey LoL Feminists, Take a seat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrimPhenom

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
Surprisingly venom-free post from you I'm a bit impressed. No longer looking at you with a sneer. Well played.



I never said i had experienced inequality. (Besides the disgustingly misogynistic posts you keep making.)
I just said I was a feminist.

You don't have to experience inequality to be a feminist.
I'm only venomous when there's prey


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rachel

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Hungarian View Post
No one has said they do not want different female models used. No one is crying to keep their big boobies. Soooo...your point is?
What's the point of these threads?
If not to say "keep the models how they are. we like them. boobs 4 life." or whatever?

Are they to simply condemn the people complaining about the models?
What's the point of that?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
I am a female. And a feminist. And personally, do not have a problem with how the characters are portrayed.
But I can see how someone could. I can see how someone could be offended by it. People shouldn't be prevented from complaining about what offends them.
And many of the people in here don't see how someone could be offended. They simply say no its not offensive nope nope noooo.
You can't define what offends someone...it's a personal preference.
I can understand what would be offensive about the designs and can therefore respect the opinions of those that are against the designs.

As for me. I'm just more about gameplay. The visuals are just a bonus. And don't really bother me. So if you are like me, and are more about gameplay, why would it bother you if riot "pandered" to these "feminazis" by releasing a champion with a different body type?

It shouldn't right? You're playing the game for gameplay right?
because people ****ing hate having to realize their male(or white) privilege and their mind snaps shut and spews diarrhea like "well trynd has big muscles!"

kill all nerd culture


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gloriforus

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
You don't have to experience inequality to be a feminist.
You dont have to experience combat to be a soldier, but people can tell the difference.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaMiTzNhan

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriforus View Post
I find it offensive that this is even an issue. If you as women want somthing to get cranky about, how about human trafficking, *** slaves, population control or any other of the numerous REAL WORLD problems.

But no, you lovely ladies and lads want to up and revolt at this horrid display of the female body on a online video game. How dare you riot, how dare you.
Uh, where have you been?
Recently a [feminist] was donated $150,000 to research sexism in popular video games.

Just look up Anita Sarkeesian and see.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rachel

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimPhenom View Post
I understand that, good argument. You have really good points.

Glad you broadened the argument
It's what I've been trying to say and I'm sorry if that message got murky throughout my time here!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garnet

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimPhenom View Post
Well you're talking about my fav adchere

I'm not mad I don't get mad on a forum because I can just close my browser and leave

but your argument was very weak, that was my point
mad or not, you seem very invested in this topic.

she is also one of my favourite ad carries, ridiculous dress be damned. given what we know about the character, she probably wouldn't have chosen a dress. she's a sheriff. she is a serious woman. she probably spends most of her time outside of the office chasing down criminals. an outfit like that is not conducive to that sort of activity. the only reason she's in an outfit like the one she has is to pander to the male gaze. that's it. logically, she would not be wearing that sort of outfit on the fields of justice. that's the problem i'm talking about.

(and yes, the male gaze can be problematic. its inclusion in league of legends is not my Number One Concern, but it exists, and it's uncool.)

i will grant you that she is a fictional character and we don't know everything about her very fictitious life. maybe she would wear a dress. do i think she, or anyone who would be romping about a muddy field, dodging laser beams and rifle shots, would be wearing a short mini dress and high heels? no, i don't.

you can think 'well what's saying she wouldn't wear a dress' but everything that we know about her leads to the idea that no, she probably wouldn't, at least not to go to work.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zetasphere

Senior Member

11-17-2012

If Rachel didn't make the thread complaining about it, then no one should care.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gloriforus

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMiTzNhan View Post
Uh, where have you been?
Recently a [feminist] was donated $150,000 to research sexism in popular video games.

Just look up Anita Sarkeesian and see.
I dont get it, this only proves my point of people wasting efforts into a problem that affects noone. If it does, you have bigger problems than worrying about caitlyns cleavage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rachel

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriforus View Post
You dont have to experience combat to be a soldier, but people can tell the difference.
Huh?
Actually I think it's more often people who havent experience inequality are the ones who are ANTI-feminist.

It's like people born into privilege are more likely to not understand what it's like to starve, or know the value of a dollar, etc etc.

Just because I am LUCKY to not experience inequality, doesn't mean others are. And I can see that.