Hey LoL Feminists, Take a seat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valkymie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebosBike View Post
Because what exactly is offensive about drawing a character with large boobs?

Men don't complain that champions like Olaf are more muscular that anyone could hope to achieve normally, we don't whine about the excessive overly masculine champions that just about every single male champion can be categorized as.

What you are claiming to be offended by is something that has been prevalent for both genders since the dawn of video games, and yet you act as though you are being unfairly singled out as women or looked down on by this being done, which is just ridiculous concept.

Why aren't you defending the exploitation of the male gender by it being categorized and shown as a level of strength or success that no man could ever achieve?
This is a fantasy game.. realism should not be an important issue here and yet you still make this claim that women should all be portrayed realistically when it comes to their appearances.

Dumb doesn't even begin to cover how lacking in substance this argument is.
individually, nothing
its offensive when they're popping out of sona's shirt for no other reason than *** appeal
and quite frankly i find it pathetic that riot relies on *** to sell their game
for instance, gears of war 3 is a game directed at a male audience, correct?
well the woman on the cover is properly dressed, very well muscled, and in a heroic pose
they're doing in right, in other words

and like i've said before, the difference is that the male champions focus on their heroism instead of their *** appeal. olaf isn't standing in a model pose, flexing his abs and looking at the viewer with bedroom eyes
i agree that the men in this game are unrealistic and boring cookie cutters too
but they arent oversexualized like the women are
until i see 5 male champs in a row whose characters use their *** appeal to fight and walk around in speedos...

and if its such a fantasy game
why is it impossible for a fat woman or old woman or ugly woman or flat woman to fight too?
why does a woman need to look like a model in order to be powerful?
i never said its unrealistic for a woman to be attractive or have *** appeal or use her *** appeal to fight
its unrealistic for practically every female human champ to be that way when the male champs get guys like gragas and ezreal and urgot etc

King GrimPhenom

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunehme View Post
so much cirlce jerk on the front page. i can't stand it. going back to /r/leagueoflegends.
Point of this post?

DaMiTzNhan

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunehme View Post
so much cirlce jerk on the front page. i can't stand it. going back to /r/leagueoflegends.
You act as if Reddit is any better.

Alessandra

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephtis View Post
I'm pretty sure to be a true feminist you have to be a woman.

The ones complaining are guys trying look moral and just. And just come off as whiney puritans.

that is incorrect, but it's not really feminism at play. You can deduce that riot has released the same female archetype as of late, despite the fact that theres already an entire playboy catalog of them in the game. It's not only lazy but terribly bland, and many of the designs that deserve to be sexualized suffer because of it.

I used to think ahri's release would be the pinnacle of the seductress archetype, background story and all. But the newer female champs seem to be more and more naked each time, and they all look like lamposts with coconuts, effectively ruining the concept of ahri she's just not special.

adfadfadfaf

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyler94 View Post
Hey, you are back, how was the game?
good i went like 12/0 with veigar lol

Xyler94

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfadfadfaf View Post
Awesome

King GrimPhenom

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfadfadfaf View Post
Well done sir

Valkymie

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriforus View Post
Heres a thought, dont post on an online forum your opinion if you are going to get butthurt about someones response. You speak of equality, yet you want people to take your opinion and offer none of their own?
but its okay for him to complain that im complaining

Morticia

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KajaGrae View Post
Bring on the Fat Chick Champ. See how well that sells. Target audience. Just saying.

Also, Nami was drawn BY a woman according to IronStylus' post.

Phemnatzi pls.
I would play the **** out of a fat female.

Valkymie

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimPhenom View Post
See my post above

And shut your ****ing mouth -_- (or your keyboard)

Jeez you're the type that doesn't know why they talk
wow what a good argument i just dont compare to your level of intelligence
im sorry sir please dont hit me i'll get back in the kitchen and keep my mouth zipped right away sir