Petition to remove all 450IP Champions from shop.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NiNjAs420

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze808 View Post
Digital Collector's pack and Champions bundle. You can get 40 champions for 50 bucks. It's like the cost of actually buying a video game. You support the game, you get a wide champion pool of viable champions and if you buy them in the right order you also have enough extra RP to buy more things.

Everyone wants free things. If i made a thread about riot giving away free stuff for whatever reason, then I'd get upvotes too. You don't make a good argument.
I think the point of this thread is that not everyone has 50 bucks to piss away on LoL and there should be a system implemented that is more newbie-friendly. You don't make a good argument yourself.

Kari Arisu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-19-2012

Some of the goals are things I don't recommend newbies doing though.
Buying runes before you have access to Tier 3 runes is, imo a waste. Yeah, they're great value, but until level 30 runes are not going to make enough of a difference to make or break your victories. It's much more about skill/luck than meta until 30.

Playing tons of co-op games might work for some people, but you learn less than playing against real people, so that's also a bit silly to force for a champion.

Maybe remake the requirements, but I like the idea.

ThatSmithKid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Sure, give each player a few standard/recommended/beginner champs, but then shift down the pricing of champs to fill their place in the 450 pool. We need 450 champs to counterbalance the glut of 6300s.

The Mochi

11-19-2012

Yeah this idea is really good. I mean when you are new, it takes a bit to find a character that you actually think you can work with (my first character that I could actually play competently was Nautilus. Sure, if I played him now the way I did back then I would be awful, but hey, back then, it worked). And then the next week...you have to find a different character, because more than likely, you can't afford the character you were just playing with.

This would give new players some kind of foothold (because almost everyone that is new likes to play Master Yi I have noticed :P) and they will actually have some characters that won't be unavailable for weeks on end.

Also that thing about free week champs. Having Annie Garen and Ryze free in one week when I am busting to try Riven and Jarvan is just annoying.

Joshthor

11-19-2012

i like it. the only one i dont like is the 1 of each rune type. mainly because i think im interpreting it wrong. is it like, attack marks, attack scaling marks, ap marks, etc, or 1 quint 1 mark 1 seal 1 glyph. either way, im not sure how ideal it is to have newbies wasting ip on runes at a low level.

Joshthor

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Arisu View Post
Some of the goals are things I don't recommend newbies doing though.

Playing tons of co-op games might work for some people, but you learn less than playing against real people, so that's also a bit silly to force for a champion.

Maybe remake the requirements, but I like the idea.
have you invited anyone new to start playing and played their first few games with them? at level 1 its vicious with so many smurfs and banned players looking to exact "revenge" i always tell my new friends to play bots until at least level 5 to get a solid grasp of the game before hopping in a real game. his idea is EXACTLY what should be happening, as it would in and of itself help with the smurf problem.

CARESKISWOWJKS

11-19-2012

This is actually a reall god idea

ubercadillac

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshthor View Post
i like it. the only one i dont like is the 1 of each rune type. mainly because i think im interpreting it wrong. is it like, attack marks, attack scaling marks, ap marks, etc, or 1 quint 1 mark 1 seal 1 glyph. either way, im not sure how ideal it is to have newbies wasting ip on runes at a low level.
To those who read the thread, he said it a few pages in. 1 mark, 1 seal, 1 glyph, not a quint.

Zeninth

11-19-2012

Awesome idea. Makes the game more new player friendly and rewarding for them! Then maybe the free champions rotations can showcase all the other champs in game seeing we have over a hundred now and increasing every 2 weeks!

DrBeach

11-19-2012

This is the best idea i have ever seen (Y) DO IT RIOT