Xavier - The Auramaster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaomix

11-17-2012

This is a concept I have been mulling around in my head for some time now. I would like to get some decent community input on this one. I have the skeleton down for the champ, but have not hashed out any details as far as all of the abilities go. The champion would in a sense be a mix of Sona and Taric, yes this is an idea for a support champ. In which all of the abilities grant a passive aura, much like Taric's Shatter. But when activated, provide a more powerful version for a short period and when on cooldown, loses that passive bonus. I had an idea for his passive, and after doing over it a bit, I dont think it would be too OP. Let me know what you guys think and put your 2 cents in, ill try to update this post with the updates.

All of the active abilities drop the auras origin point at Xaviers feet. This is to prevent the powerful active bonuses from having the mobility of the champion. Most of Xaviers' equipment has been enchanted with magical runes that when planted, radiate magical energies, providing powerful bonuses for a short time.

Health - 440 (+85)
Health Regen Per 5 - 7.0 (+0.5)
Mana - 250 (+50)
Mana Regen per 5 - 4.4 (+.5)
Attack Damage - 57 (+3.0)
Attack Speed - 0.650 (+2.0%)
Armor - 16 (+3.0)
Magic Resist - 30 (+1.0)
Attack Range - 125
Movement Speed - 315

PASSIVE: Auramaster - Xavier's knowledge of auras increases the range of auras from items by 10%.

Shield of Empathy - Q: Passive: Provides 5/10/15/20/25 (+10% ap) Hp5 to you and nearby allied champions
This effect is lost when ability is on cooldown
Active: Upon activation Xavier plants his shield into the ground and begins to radiate magical energies providing 75/150/225/300/375 (+20% ap) Hp5 to you and nearby allied champions. Lasts 5 seconds
Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14s
Mana: 80/100/120/140/160

Sword of Contention - W: Passive: Provides 5/10/15/20/25 (+5% ap) Attack damage and Ability power to you and nearby allied champions
This effect is lost when this ability is on cooldown
Active: Upon activation Xavier plant his sword into the ground and begins to radiate magical energies providing 3/6/9/12/15% (+5% ap) Armor Penetration and Magic Penetration to you and surrounding allied champions. Lasts 5 seconds
Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14s
Mana: 70/85/100/115/130

Standard of Resolve - E: Passive: Provides 5/10/15/20/25 (+10% ap) Armor and Magic Resist to you and nearby allied champions.
Active: Upon activation Xavier drops a standard at his location radiating magical energies providing 3/6/9/12/15% damage reduction from all sources excluding turrets for 5 seconds. Jarvan's Dragon Strike can interact with this standard.
Cooldown: 18/22/26/30/34s
Mana: 50/80/110/140/170

Runic Empowerment - R: Passive: Provides 2/4/6% movement speed bonus to you and nearby allied champions.
Passive: For each ability not on cooldown, Xavier gains a rune that provides him with an aura that deals 5/10/15 magic damage per second to nearby enemies (Think Sunfire Cape range). This effect is NOT lost when this ability is on cooldown.
Active: Upon activation Xavier marks the ground beneath him with magical runes that decreases enemy movement speed within the area by 50/63/75% for 3 seconds also enemies in this aura take 75/100/125 (+15% ap) magic damage per second.
Cooldown: 120/100/80s
Mana: 100/150/200

EDIT 1: Added information about abilities and insight as to how the abilities work in relation to the champion.
EDIT 2: Added base stats with level increases.
EDIT 3: I play MTG a lot and these cards are part of what I imagine Xavier to have a similar appearance to

Saintdelicious

11-17-2012

Bump

joe42

11-17-2012

more like; Xavier, the thing that sucks because the creator of me sucks too

he might look liek this:

UntoldEpic

11-17-2012

I like the concept, but one or two things to mention:

1. His passive is a bit under whelming. What I mean by that is that while giving extra range on his item auras are little perk, but when you match that to someone like Sona with Power Chord it provides her with an extra something something to do, like harass. With my self playing support 80% of the time i never find my self that I'm out of range for my team mates to proc the aura for them. I'm pretty sure Riot had made sure it balances out nicely. Maybe what you can make his passive (Let's call it Honed Auras) increase the effectiveness of his aura items by 15% (for example not sure if that is too much). This allows him to be an aura master the way you seem to want him and giving a nice passive.

2. As far as his kit I do like the concept of making powerful auras, but suffering a bit not having the passive on from his QWER. I think it would be a lot more preferable to choose a selected area to drop it in. Maybe sending out an aura spirit to the target location and have it stay there for a duration. Reason for this is because supports not always being the most mobile team mates, you might find it hard to give auras on activation if it drops where your feet are, especially in fights that start to move across the map. So being able to toss a spirit in which it can travel ahead can make him a better support. Just imagine like using Lux's Lucent Singularity or Jarvan's Demacian Standard.

Anyways cool concept Kaomix
Cheers

Kaomix

11-17-2012

My original idea for the passive was a 10% bonus to the benefit from auras from items. I was also debating having the actives of the abilities radiate from the champion but thought that the mobility of the active aura would provide too much power.

UntoldEpic

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaomix View Post
My original idea for the passive was a 10% bonus to the benefit from auras from items. I was also debating having the actives of the abilities radiate from the champion but thought that the mobility of the active aura would provide too much power.
Ya I can see your point with radiating auras. It would be like four Taric ultimate's going on at the same time so defiantly keep the aura from being movable in terms of radiating. Can't wait to see more input on this. Keep up the good work.

Saintdelicious

11-17-2012

Let's get some red in on this post eh? I'd like to see what riot thinks

UntoldEpic

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurgo View Post
Let's get some red in on this post eh? I'd like to see what riot thinks
Defiantly even just to hear some input will be nice to my ears and even more to Kaomix

UntoldEpic

11-17-2012

Bump XD

UntoldEpic

11-17-2012

Must keep this bumped!