@Riot: Please Answer The *REAL* Questions.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guinsoo

Recruiter

10-07-2010
3 of 5 Riot Posts

It's a general philosophy of we don't want to talk about things that have any chance of changing because we want to under promise, over deliver. So we prefer not to talk about things until we're 100% sure they're shipping, and we're pretty sure they're not going to change much or at all.

Ryedan

Visual Designer

10-07-2010
4 of 5 Riot Posts

The problem with releasing ETAs is that it creates an artificial deadline that people will hold us to. While it'd be nice to hold the entire content/art team to strict deadlines, the truth is most of them already work 10+ hour days voluntarily without overtime.

The new map looks like a lot of fun - I've yet to play it internally, but I've watched Phreak playing it a bit, and it has a nice open feel.

The reason we can't show/tell anything about the "new graphics" is because it's being worked on by a lot of people and its slowly coming together - we don't want to release screen shots with some up-res'd material mixed with some old or with one lonely champion on SR in the most polished corner of the map (for example). The whole point of the graphic overhaul is to make a huge impression on the player-base to show how serious we are about the game as a whole - if we leaked out bits and pieces, then impact would be lost. Trust me, you'll be really excited to patch that day!

KevinPJH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-07-2010

Well when i made this thread i never expected to get such good responses. Thank you very much Phreak, Guinsoo and Ryedan for supplying us with some great answers.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

10-07-2010
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Our return time is far less than a month nowadays and we are still aggressively working on eliminating our backlog. Bear with us just a bit longer please!

Spellsy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevveK88 View Post
Thank you very much Phreak, Guinsoo and Ryedan for supplying us with some great answers.
+1

QNecron

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liath View Post
rsync?
Shit works wonders for me

Riddler

Recruiter

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spellsy View Post
+1
Don't forget Jozrael!

Verolian

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
It's a general philosophy of we don't want to talk about things that have any chance of changing because we want to under promise, over deliver. So we prefer not to talk about things until we're 100% sure they're shipping, and we're pretty sure they're not going to change much or at all.
Under Promise and Over Deliver is a wonderful way to handle customers, always give them more than they are expecting and thus keep them happy (It's the first thing you learn in Sales.). I think Riot is doing a great job a this! It keeps us on the edge of our seat waiting to see what they will do next! You guys keep up the good work...Don't let the Man get you Down!

crowsntacos

10-07-2010

What a popular thread for red presence. It show they emphasize explaining the best they can given their current state with the game, at the very least.

Did not expect such a mixed response time within 2 hours, that's for sure. Good stuff.