@Riot: Please Answer The *REAL* Questions.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KevinPJH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-07-2010

Hi Riot,

I am sick of seeing you guys only answering the questions that don't really mean much, its as if you are doing it to show that you visit the forum but at the same time you are not willing to tell us some real information.

Like these questions:

Why do you hide some of the Patch Notes?
Why does it take 10 hours of server down time to produce 1 patch?
Why did you nerf Soraka and then release Sona?
Why does it take Riot Support a month to reply to serious questions?
Whats going on with those new Graphics? (Not ETA, just some details of how things are changing)

When ever i see questions like that, i never see you answer them.

I am pretty tired right now so i can not remember all the questions i have seen lately, that did not get answered. But i am sure other people would know some. Please answer the important questions people ask.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ILoveCuteStuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevveK88 View Post
Hi Riot,

I am sick of seeing you guys only answering the questions that don't really mean much, its as if you are doing it to show that you visit the forum but at the same time you are not willing to tell us some real information.

Like these questions:

Why do you hide some of the Patch Notes?
Why does it take 10 hours of server down time to produce 1 patch?
Why did you nerf Soraka and then release Sona?
Why does it take Riot Support a month to reply to serious questions?
Whats going on with those new Graphics? (Not ETA, just some details of how things are changing)

When ever i see questions like that, i never see you answer them.

I am pretty tired right now so i can not remember all the questions i have seen lately, that did not get answered. But i am sure other people would know some. Please answer the important questions people ask.
The "REAL" questions are the ones that Riot chooses to answer, other than that its a need-to-know basis for us because we are the consumer. welcome to the business world.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheWorstEver

Senior Member

10-07-2010

Business Majors ruin everything.

I hoped that answered your questions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

addEventListener

Senior Member

10-07-2010

they're not allowed to answer some questions you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorstEver View Post
Business Majors ruin everything.

I hoped that answered your questions.
this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KevinPJH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by addEventListener View Post
they're not allowed to answer some questions you know.
Exactly, why would the leader of Riot Games forbid workers from giving out details like why they hide some of the patch notes? It doesn't even make sense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ILoveCuteStuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevveK88 View Post
Exactly, why would the leader of Riot Games forbid workers from giving out details like why they hide some of the patch notes? It doesn't even make sense.
Because there is unreleased info for a lot of the new stuff that they want to be released at the right time in order to fuel marketing hype.

Things like their patching/support issues, they must answer VERY carefully so they don't piss people off with half-assed, vague answers about server stability and such.

TBH Riot actually gives us a lot more info on the goings on of the game and servers and stuff than many other companies. They just can't answer everything you want to know because they are a business they need to keep things secret. (for many different reasons)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warscythes

Senior Member

10-07-2010

Use the dev tracker.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KevinPJH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveCuteStuff View Post
Because there is unreleased info for a lot of the new stuff that they want to be released at the right time in order to fuel marketing hype.

Things like their patching/support issues, they must answer VERY carefully so they don't piss people off with half-assed, vague answers about server stability and such.

TBH Riot actually gives us a lot more info on the goings on of the game and servers and stuff than many other companies. They just can't answer everything you want to know because they are a business they need to keep things secret. (for many different reasons)
This is a small example, but what about the new Ashe art? Why keep small things like that out of the patch notes? Oh and i heard Janna got a new voice and Sona has neally all her jokes removed, why keep these out of the patch notes?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mete1110

Senior Member

10-07-2010

I agree. But they wont, as the above mentioned, this is business.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Madman Reborn

Senior Member

10-07-2010

Euhm, a lot of those questions have been awnsered actually. You can't hold it against them that they won't awnser them EVERY time the same questions are asked.

- Hot fixes don't get patchnoted because it's too much of an effort too make a patch note for every hotfix(I think this is a sticky btw)
- It can take to up tot 11 hours to get a patch out because they use a network of hardware(servers) that aren't all in the same place. The complexity of this can mean that sometimes when something goes wrong it can take a while before they get it fixed. During the last patch clearly something went wrong and it took em a while to find out what.
- They nerfed Soraka because people felt she was completely OP. You can't compare Soraka with sona btw, if you wanna compare Sona's heal with anyone it should be the cow, or even taric. Sona and Soraka aren't alike in any way.
- Riot actually usually awnser in a very timely fashion.
-About the graphics it feels like they awnsered to a degree that they where allowed.

All in all I think you just miss the awnsers, Riot does troll alot as well.