mood ring - stat-shifting item

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Action Bobby

11-17-2012

builds from .... this is where I dunno. I don't care what it builds from just thought it was a cool idea.

Mood ring loses 1 CURRENT(non-calm) charge and gains 1 CALM charge every second out of combat. This effect stacks up to 5 times.

Mood ring loses 1 CURRENT(non-tense) charge and gains 1 TENSE charge for each instance of damage to an enemy.

Mood ring loses 1 CURRENT(non-stressed) charge and gains 1 STRESSED charge for each instance of damage to the wearer.

*At any given time the ring only has 5 charges maximum, whatever they are

calm mood:
+4% movement speed
+10% tenacity

tense mood:
+15 damage
+15 ability power

stressed mood:
+15 armor
+15 magic resist

As the charges shift, color changes between red blue and green.

In exchange combat the stressed and tense would constantly be swapping each other out rapidly, and stressed would build to max if you are taking damage while running away, while tense would max if you were chasing and dealing damage. Calm would max shortly after being out of combat, and the tenacity boost will help with those nasty surprises.

There are a couple really good ideas in the comments (thanks) when I decide how to edit the item I will definitely credit any ideas I am influenced by.

The5lacker

11-17-2012

You never explained what a CURRENT charge is, and overall this item just seems confusing and kinda woefully underpowered.

Action Bobby

11-17-2012

i figured most people know what the word current is, but there is something else wrong with it. and without a cost I don't see how you can say "underpowered". I will change the wording though

The5lacker

11-17-2012

Even without a cost, this item would take up an item slot, and therefor, unless it builds into something else, is underpowered.

Action Bobby

11-17-2012

that's fine i was thinkin of a mid-game gank item. movement between lanes and tenacity for that surprise attack, then swapping between damage and armor in combat. and 50% tenacity is awesome! think I should make it higher?

SephirothWontDie

11-17-2012

first off, i think an item like this is an awesome idea, something to start out with early and to replace later on, sorta like a dorans item. second, here is the "Mood Ring" item that i picture.

Mood Ring:

UNIQUE PASSIVE: If the wearer has more ability power than bonus attack damage, they gain 25 ability power. If the wearer has more bonus attack damage than ability power, they gain 25 bonus attack damage.
UNIQUE PASSIVE: The longer you remain in combat, they higher your bonus gets, to a max of 50 each. Bonuses decrease by 2 per second second out of combat.
UNIQUE ACTIVE: Usable when at max bonuses. When used, your mood hightens, increasing your bonuses by 50% for 4 seconds. 1 minute cooldown.
Note: if someone gets the ability power bonus, they wont get any attack damage from this item at all, and vice versa.

Action Bobby

11-18-2012

Thanks for the input sephiroth. I like the addition of the active.

So what do you think of like a flat cost of 2000?

SephirothWontDie

11-18-2012

sounds a little much, after all, your only getting a small bonus amount, the active gives 75, but only if you are at max bonuses. that means you need to be prepared for a long combat if need be. this item is more suited towards someone with high sustain, like warwick or soraka. i would give a base cost of.... i think 1100-1300. i wouldnt make it too high cuz think of deathcaps. they give a lot of AP, and wooglet's at least gives some armor too. i actually thought of giving this some sort of durability too, like.... its builds from a long sword, a tome of amplifying magic, and a chain vest. see, if someone is ad, they can buy the armor and long sword, then just save for the item itself. ap can buy tome and armor, then save for the rest.

Action Bobby

03-06-2013

Sorry I never got back on this, just a concept idea I was thinking. I really like your thoughts!

3mptylord

03-06-2013

Stressed and Tensed would constantly conflict - meaning you'd have no bonuses in combat.

You could always make it color graph based - so Red/Green/Blue.

As you cast spells, the Mood Ring shifts toward blue.
As you use basic attack, the Mood Ring shifts toward green.
While out of combat, the Mood Ring shifts toward red.

Pure Blue: 75 ability power and 15% cooldown reduction.
Pure Green: 40% attack speed and 30% critical strike chance.
Pure Red: 9% movement speed, 15 health regeneration.
White (1/3rd of each): 25 ability power, 5% cooldown reduction, 15% attack speed, 10% critical strike chance, 3% movement speed, 5 health regeneration

Fiendish Codex + Zeal + Rejuvenation Bead + Rejuvenation Bead

In my opinion they should really make Regrowth Pendant (Rejuvenation Bead x2).

The new Trinity Force!