Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Get Dunked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Viro Melchior

Recruiter

11-17-2012

Quote:
Vegas Dad:
except it doesnt give power to the players. It gives power to power tripping nerds who think it is funny to hit punish. And while you might pardon the case the fact is you do not review them all. also i am not sure why you would not be instead reviewing the peopel who are reporting people for saying it.

And yes while carebears is a silly word it is the truth, you are destroying this community not all people have the same morals etc and it is absuyrd to sugest saying gg 2 ez is offensive and toxic and should be banned.

You system is failing your defense of it is simply denial.

If you honestly believe this, then participate in the tribunal. If you are right, and it is filled with power-happy punish-clickers, than if even a minorum of players step up and pardon the 25% least problematic cases, then the punish-mashing trend of the abusers will become apparent, devaluing their votes (by decreasing how many votes they get per day).

Arctanus

11-17-2012

Quote:
Kades:
This.

Look, the tribunal was designed to give the power back to the players. You guys determine what is collectively 'ok'. The thread I think you're referring to is here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31084727#31084727

If you'll notice, I never said that saying "stop feeding" is a bannable offense.

I did imply that it was completely ineffective and that, specifically, it was "the petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory."

Because telling a teammate to simply 'stop feeding' isn't productive. It doesn't help you accomplish your goal- which I assume is to try and win the game. It actually makes that significantly harder because it turns the focus of the game from your team trying to win to you whining, throwing a tantrum, and putting your teammates further on tilt because you can't deal with the setback of someone who is having a rough game due to any number of factors- including him simply not being as skilled as you are or the chance that his random opponent happens to be significantly more skilled than either of you.

Is "get dunked" bannable? If I came across that case for review and that was the only thing the guy said, I think I'd pardon that case. But that's just me. Tribunal was created with the goal of putting that power back into your hands.

If you look at how this thread is being received (similar to it's carbon copy), it appears (to me at least) that the community disagrees with you. That they don't play a game to get harassed. That if they're given a choice when they hop online to unwind and play a game, they'd rather not deal with people who can't handle frustrations like an adult. That's not me telling you that, that's their votes telling you that. Similarly, we ask that people treat each other with at least a base amount of respect. While it's easy for us to spot and expedite some extreme fringe cases, that 'base' is set by the community through the tribunals votes. That's not us making that choice, that's us trying to put the power back into the hands of the community.

Maybe the issue isn't really that Riot caters to 'carebears'...? Maybe- just maybe- the issue we're talking about here involves you hanging out with a mirror and having some quiet self-reflection.

I accidentally hit downvote and now I feel bad.

Jiz Khalifa

11-17-2012

So, according to the red post, I am kinda confused now...

I thought the punish or pardon depends on a Rioter's decision, and not in what the people vote for in the tribunal? Contradiction, because that post just sounded like if WE vote for, let's say, punishing someone saying "get dunked", he will get punished for it.

Tribunal is bad, and it caters little kids who can't take even the slightest form of criticism or harshness. This is delusional... the world doesn't work like that. As long as you're not insulting someone in a hard way, you should be able to say whatever the hell you want without being able to get punished for it. Freedom of speech, anyone? OPs post is right, Tribunal is like trying to turn LoL into a fairytale land where everybody loves each other. But guess what, Riot. We aren't carebears. We are entitled to our own opinion, we are entitled to get frustrated and let out the frustration one way or another, WITHOUT insulting someone. Treating each other with respect also consists of allowing people to yell at me if I do horribly, because LoL is a team game. It may or may not help the situation of the game, but who cares? The point is that we are all humans and we have feelings and we shouldn't be forced by a flawed system to lock away our right of expressing our personality and our emotions.

tl;dr Tribunal takes away freedom of speech and the right to express yourself

DaMiTzNhan

11-17-2012

Quote:
Kades:
This.

Look, the tribunal was designed to give the power back to the players. You guys determine what is collectively 'ok'. The thread I think you're referring to is here:

If you'll notice, I never said that saying "stop feeding" is a bannable offense.

I did imply that it was completely ineffective and that, specifically, it was "the petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory."

Because telling a teammate to simply 'stop feeding' isn't productive. It doesn't help you accomplish your goal- which I assume is to try and win the game. It actually makes that significantly harder because it turns the focus of the game from your team trying to win to you whining, throwing a tantrum, and putting your teammates further on tilt because you can't deal with the setback of someone who is having a rough game due to any number of factors- including him simply not being as skilled as you are or the chance that his random opponent happens to be significantly more skilled than either of you.

Is "get dunked" bannable? If I came across that case for review and that was the only thing the guy said, I think I'd pardon that case. But that's just me. Tribunal was created with the goal of putting that power back into your hands.

If you look at how this thread is being received (similar to it's carbon copy), it appears (to me at least) that the community disagrees with you. That they don't play a game to get harassed. That if they're given a choice when they hop online to unwind and play a game, they'd rather not deal with people who can't handle frustrations like an adult. That's not me telling you that, that's their votes telling you that. Similarly, we ask that people treat each other with at least a base amount of respect. While it's easy for us to spot and expedite some extreme fringe cases, that 'base' is set by the community through the tribunals votes. That's not us making that choice, that's us trying to put the power back into the hands of the community.

Maybe the issue isn't really that Riot caters to 'carebears'...? Maybe- just maybe- the issue we're talking about here involves you hanging out with a mirror and having some quiet self-reflection.

So being harassed is fine, just as long as it's in moderation?
Sickening.

Balfourthejedi

11-17-2012

Quote:
NateNEO:
What about SILENCE! I kill you! in all chat after picking up a double kill or better as Karthus?

i do that as kassadin. or i say kass gonna kass. my favorites though are definitely saying get dunked as jarman and chase me more plz as singed and spamming HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE as morde

Balfourthejedi

11-17-2012

Quote:
ploki122:
If "get dunked" was bannable, i'd be perma banned from calling

"That tasted purple"
"Felt like a breeze"
"Taric is just too *** for you"
"me? miss? not by a long shot!"
and other banters like that... or spamming laugh...

Haven't gotten a simple tribunal ban/warning yet... So I guess this isn't really a problem, mostly because as long as you're friendly outside of "get dunked", it will be counted as banter. If you're a dick beside the "get dunked" you'll be seen as a dick still...

this reminded me of another i love. i have tarics 5th age armor and i always after a nice play go "u dazzled bro?" and spam laughing as singed is soooo much fun

Jassu

11-17-2012

Quote:
Twigsly:
You offered no critique other than generalities and offered no argument of your own.
You sir, failed harder than the riot employee. Next time you try to debunk something, try putting a little more thought into it. Maybe if you include a little more onomatopoeia next time people will give you a thumbs up for being creative in your failure. Rawr and grr, good sir.

PLUS....Only a sith works in absolutes.

Therefore riot is the dark side. How's that for a premise and conclusion?

Really bad.

/pat. Maybe someday.

AHUEAHUEAHUEA

11-17-2012

Quote:
Kades:
This.

Whoa, telling people to simply "stop feeding" is being unable to handle frustrations like an adult now?

Getting told "stop feeding" now constitutes as being harassed?

Unless you honestly believe that, which quite honestly screams Carebear IMO, making sweeping statements like those is a bit dangerous, my dear Kades.

And yes, like I've pointed out in that thread, saying "stop feeding" indeed is not effective in this community, because apparently, we are all too hot-headed to think about why we're getting criticized, thus unable to hang out with our mirror to have some quiet self-reflection on what we're doing wrong that's getting us owned this hard. This may be exaggerating a bit (or is it?), but it definitely has something to do with where the cross-hair is aimed at when Riot is selecting its audience/players. Of course, I must make it clear that not all x are y, etc, you get the point.

Now of course, if the person had said "stop feeding u fkn piece of ****", then ya, way out of line, please go away, don't want to play with you. But I honestly think it is troubling that the community can't even take "stop feeding" with the correct attitude. Like you say, we play this game to unwind, not to type a paragraph explaining to someone who is getting pwned how to play more optimally (unless you find it fun, which I'm glad some people still do). Besides, explaining too much via typing inevitably lowers your performance in game, which a lot of times you simply can't afford.

Here's an interesting topic that I think is worthy of debate: is it viable, or "safe", to have a government whose voting/deciding power is equally distributed across all mental ages? Lopsided to one mental age?

Now judging from the actions of Riot, I believe you guys are ultimately aiming for, basically, utopia, or as close to it as you can get (from the standpoint of which party/parties is another question). I'm all for it, I would also love a stress-free environment (who isn't for it? ). But do tread carefully on how you go about it, whether it's deciding which playerbase you decide to cut away, or defining what "stress" is.

Freakjob

11-17-2012

Dammit Kades, you continue to shine as a paragon of how to play this game properly.

The Legend Of

11-17-2012

honestly there should be like a total of 3 bannable things
afk
intentional feeding
trolling team(can range from anything from following jungler around stealing his **** to telling the otherteam where your team is, to running around and doing nothing because you didnt get the role you wanted etc)

everything else is 100% manageable with ingame tools, such as ignore. giving people the abiltity to ban otherplayers lets people who either have an inferority complex, or who are just in a bad mood the opportunity to take it out on other players. Its not so much the fact that anything you do can realistically can get you banned now, its the fact that theres no consistancy with what will and what wont give you banned. The same 100 people could do the exact same things, and youd probally get a 50/50 split of banned and nonbanned.

This all coming from someone who has never been banned or warned. Its just a bad idea to give the same "trolls" and "ragers" that you dont want to be playing with the abiltity to control wether you can play the game at all or not. Im aware riot has said that people who do the tribunal generally dont do it to troll etc, but the variance of people who play the game cause chaos due to different peoples views on how things should be handled.