Get Dunked?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Parametrics

11-17-2012

your skills are inferior

ZephyBlaze77

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
This.

Look, the tribunal was designed to give the power back to the players. You guys determine what is collectively 'ok'. The thread I think you're referring to is here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...84727#31084727

If you'll notice, I never said that saying "stop feeding" is a bannable offense.

I did imply that it was completely ineffective and that, specifically, it was "the petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory."

Because telling a teammate to simply 'stop feeding' isn't productive. It doesn't help you accomplish your goal- which I assume is to try and win the game. It actually makes that significantly harder because it turns the focus of the game from your team trying to win to you whining, throwing a tantrum, and putting your teammates further on tilt because you can't deal with the setback of someone who is having a rough game due to any number of factors- including him simply not being as skilled as you are or the chance that his random opponent happens to be significantly more skilled than either of you.

Is "get dunked" bannable? If I came across that case for review and that was the only thing the guy said, I think I'd pardon that case. But that's just me. Tribunal was created with the goal of putting that power back into your hands.

If you look at how this thread is being received (similar to it's carbon copy), it appears (to me at least) that the community disagrees with you. That they don't play a game to get harassed. That if they're given a choice when they hop online to unwind and play a game, they'd rather not deal with people who can't handle frustrations like an adult. That's not me telling you that, that's their votes telling you that. Similarly, we ask that people treat each other with at least a base amount of respect. While it's easy for us to spot and expedite some extreme fringe cases, that 'base' is set by the community through the tribunals votes. That's not us making that choice, that's us trying to put the power back into the hands of the community.

Maybe the issue isn't really that Riot caters to 'carebears'...? Maybe- just maybe- the issue we're talking about here involves you hanging out with a mirror and having some quiet self-reflection.
How the community is receiving this thread?
Right now, the community seems to AGREE with this thread.

Rei Ayanami

11-17-2012

Players have to much power in the tribunal it's BS cause everyone just spams punish.

Jassu

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigsly View Post
Nailed it.
The only thing you nailed is a poorly constructed argument. Begging the question, abusive ad hominem, false premise used to draw a weak conclusion, and weak analogy are just a few problems.

Perhaps you should try putting a little more thought into your post next time.

Flayne

11-17-2012

Why is it that people have this really arrogant and ****ty impulse or need to say something witty to another player despite not knowing them irl.

Think about it for a second. What if the player whom which you directed the comment to, has been having a series of bad games and is not in the mood for the "oh lolol get dunked" kind of comments. Obviously they are going to feel ****.

Yes it is as you say, you can't say much without getting onto someone's bad side here.
It's totally fine if its a friendly game with someone you actually know well whether it be irl or in LoL.

You don't want to get banned? Then learn how to stop the witty remarks to people you DON'T know irl, because the chances are, they will get mad and report.

Though I can't imagine why you'd get banned over a single non critical remark, that is rather odd.

ploki122

11-17-2012

If "get dunked" was bannable, i'd be perma banned from calling

"That tasted purple"
"Felt like a breeze"
"Taric is just too *** for you"
"me? miss? not by a long shot!"
and other banters like that... or spamming laugh...

Haven't gotten a simple tribunal ban/warning yet... So I guess this isn't really a problem, mostly because as long as you're friendly outside of "get dunked", it will be counted as banter. If you're a dick beside the "get dunked" you'll be seen as a dick still...

Twigsly

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassu View Post
The only thing you nailed is a poorly constructed argument. Begging the question, abusive ad hominem, false premise used to draw a weak conclusion, and weak analogy are just a few problems.

Perhaps you should try putting a little more thought into your post next time.

You offered no critique other than generalities and offered no argument of your own.
You sir, failed harder than the riot employee. Next time you try to debunk something, try putting a little more thought into it. Maybe if you include a little more onomatopoeia next time people will give you a thumbs up for being creative in your failure. Rawr and grr, good sir.

PLUS....Only a sith works in absolutes.

Therefore riot is the dark side. How's that for a premise and conclusion?

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
This.

Look, the tribunal was designed to give the power back to the players. You guys determine what is collectively 'ok'. The thread I think you're referring to is here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...84727#31084727

If you'll notice, I never said that saying "stop feeding" is a bannable offense.

I did imply that it was completely ineffective and that, specifically, it was "the petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory."

Because telling a teammate to simply 'stop feeding' isn't productive. It doesn't help you accomplish your goal- which I assume is to try and win the game. It actually makes that significantly harder because it turns the focus of the game from your team trying to win to you whining, throwing a tantrum, and putting your teammates further on tilt because you can't deal with the setback of someone who is having a rough game due to any number of factors- including him simply not being as skilled as you are or the chance that his random opponent happens to be significantly more skilled than either of you.

Is "get dunked" bannable? If I came across that case for review and that was the only thing the guy said, I think I'd pardon that case. But that's just me. Tribunal was created with the goal of putting that power back into your hands.

If you look at how this thread is being received (similar to it's carbon copy), it appears (to me at least) that the community disagrees with you. That they don't play a game to get harassed. That if they're given a choice when they hop online to unwind and play a game, they'd rather not deal with people who can't handle frustrations like an adult. That's not me telling you that, that's their votes telling you that. Similarly, we ask that people treat each other with at least a base amount of respect. While it's easy for us to spot and expedite some extreme fringe cases, that 'base' is set by the community through the tribunals votes. That's not us making that choice, that's us trying to put the power back into the hands of the community.

Maybe the issue isn't really that Riot caters to 'carebears'...? Maybe- just maybe- the issue we're talking about here involves you hanging out with a mirror and having some quiet self-reflection.
so if u want more players with more lax standards to contribute in the tribunal why were ip rewards removed? it only incentivizes people who have insanely high standards for punishment.

Dreegan

11-17-2012

I moderate a high traffic video game chat room. We have no problem with people insulting or trash-talking one another as long as it doesn't get out of hand and become a threat, and no offensive language is used.

That's just a chat-site. Is LoL softer than a chat-site?

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

I'm not even someone who's been banned or warned. It just seems like the response of "if you don't like it contribute to the tribunal" doesn't fit since IP rewards were taken away. I used to do them every single day max. I'd pardon quite a few and the one time a month I'd get the email for ~300 cases ~1500 ip felt nice and worth my time.

Now I'm just competing for a rating which offers nothing but screwing over my standards because I choose to pardon over "gg noobs".