Conquering Low Elo "Hell"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rezziver

10-07-2010

Hey everyone. I was doing an experiment to test if Low Elo "Hell" exists. I can tell you it does not. I am probably one of the average players in the game with +70 wins in normal games. I went into ranked games at the start of season 1 and lost a few, and just played a few badly. So I decided to test if this Low Elo "Hell" exists. I left a few queues to drop my rating, and I got my rating to about 950. Then my journey began. I started to just play smartly and played a lot of games. I am currently sitting at 1250 and still going strong. If a lot of you are having trouble with success, here are some tips to help you maybe win a few more games, or change games around.

1st- Never give up on your team. Just because you do poorly in a few team fights doesnt mean its GG right at the start of the game. Look at what you have, and come up with a strategy as a team, and dont go off solooing all the time. The game is not over until one of the nexus' blow up. I have one many games where I have lost all my turrets. You just have to all be willing to work together, and listen to one another.

2nd- Listen to your teammates. If your teammates ask you to stick together, then do it. If they ask for a gank, try your best to help them out. If they need a lane change then just change to better the lane assignments. And always pay attention to when mia's are called, and call them yourself. This will help your team emencely. Also, determine early in the game, who the focus target is. That way you can make sure you shut him down.

3rd- BUY WARDS!!! I cant stress this one enough. Do the math. You buy 2 wards and it helps you get a kill which gives you 300 gold. Net profit is 120 gold. It prevents the enemy team from ganking you, denying them 300 gold. And you can always keep an eye on dragon to get kills, or kill the dragon. This is really important to working as a team. Ask people to buy at least 2 wards. It WILL make a difference.

4th- Learn to broaden your selection of champions. Although some characters a very strong individually, they might not synergize well with the team. Try and play people that either have a slow or stun if no one else on your team does. Also, its good to always be competent with a support or tank and not always play the carry. Lets admit it, everyone wants to play the carry. I personally like playing tanks and support. I find them to "carry" the carries because I can take so much damage. I personally like playing shen and sona, because they offer so much to the team. Picking champs like Kat or Mord, although they put out a lot of damage, they dont have much CC, just aoe. So if you have a team comp of Kat, Mord, Nidalee, and other champs with no slows or stuns, your gonna have a hard time winning.

5th- Never, EVER, rage at your team. Just because someone dies at the start, does not make them bad. Just offer them some tips, come up with a strategy, and help them out. The more you rage at the them, the more your team fights. You dont want to be fighting each other, you want to fight the other team and win. Also, never call someone on the other team noob. It is just down right disrespectful, and most of the time it comes back to bite you in the butt.

So overall, just work as a team. Dont try and just kill the entire team by yourself. Also one last thing, just be map aware. This comes in with the wards. Knowing where the enemy team is can turn ganks, into counter ganks. I know these tips have been offered other places, but these really are the best way to improve your Elo. I am currently about 15 games up in solo ranked, and I will be much higher than that in about a week. So good luck out there, and dont give up.

If you message me in game, I will try and play a game with you, to try and show you some of the ways I play. This might give you some ideas for how you can best help a team. So send me a message, and I will try my best to play a game with you. Also bump this thread so many others can maybe learn a little on how to get out of Low Elo "Hell". It might seem like it exists, maybe its time you figure out how to counter it.

Frnak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2010

I played one ranked game so far.

Immediately "You should've gotten <item>" to our ...
cough, Soraka.
"You should've gotten <skill> first".
etc. etc. etc.

Anyway, we won, I ended as Malzahar
14-1-18.

6th:
Learn your role. If you are a caster, don't go out front of the group to gank. It's tempting, but don't do it. You will CC'd and plowed within 2 seconds of that stun. Same for support. Dps stay just behind tank. Tank stay in front and maneuver their front dps into position to get roflstomped.
etc. just learn ... how to position. Their Annie died <a lot> because she *chased for kills in teamfights*.

Bad bad bad.

Rezziver

10-07-2010

I really like that tip!! Its a great one to add.

Rezziver

10-07-2010

7th- Just thought of another, dont chase. Unless 3 of there team are dead, and you actually still have a team to get kills with, dont chase the enemy. You will die 8 out of 10 times if you chase someone with their entire team up, because dont forget, everyone can see you when you chase an enemy. Just learn when to fold. You can win all of them.

Rezziver

10-07-2010

Gonna bump it to hopefully get some advice to people having trouble in this Elo

Theostru

10-07-2010

Queue with a friend you synergize well with.
???
Profit.

Rezziver

10-07-2010

I did this all by myself. I did not duo queue at all. I am just trying to get some advice to the people out there QQing about Low Elo "Hell." I really did just prove it wrong, and that for most players it is just not doing one or more of the steps in this thread.

Motas

10-07-2010

I went with Rezziver in many games, and in doing so we won countless times, there is no such thing as Elo Hell, there are only summoners from Hell who suck
most of the time it seems random, no, some people just get so caught up in winning that they lose common sense and do stupid things like run in and suicide just to get a kill