What does one -do- against AD Eve?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malah

11-16-2012

So, after DFG stopped being overpowered and AP Eve went back into "assassin" instead of "kill everyone" role, I picked AD Eve back up. After a match, I usually like to give pointers to people who could be performing better or if I do well what should have been done against me. Build this, try that instead, do this at this time, ect.

I can't say anything about AD Eve. I don't know what to say to beat her. What the hell are people supposed to do against me?

The "getting derpass fed" part is probably just the Elo I'm in, but it's happening every game without fail unless there's something derpy like Jayce or Darius who contests for murder. I might lose games on occasion, but I've only had three or four to memory where I genuinely did not perform well since I've picked her back up. Even without getting fed her kit is just so amazing I don't understand what I'm supposed to lose to. Every thing I've thought of so far I've seen able to either respond to with Cleanse/QSS, Exhaust, or "Well, then don't do that you idiot."

Hy. Pen Reds - AR/L Yellow - MR/L Blue - MS Quint / 21/9/0 Mastery

Tabi/Merc - TF - FH core. Gunblade, QSS, Executioner's, Hex (rarely Maw), Sweeper, Abyssal, Guinsoo's, Kitae's, Last Whisper, Sanguine, Wit's End, Lightbringer all make appearances when appropriate to pick (countering some defense or offensive build or form of cheese or just depending how fed I am).

I sincerely doubt I've found some revolutionary way to play AD Eve. Am I just getting chained up with morons for some reason the past ... however many weeks? She's not quite mechanically on the cheesecake level of some of the more annoying champions, but even when you get one of them I can generally just go around it and slaughter the rest of the team first or catch it out and then follow up. Ping so the sheep follow up and that's a wrap. >.>

Of the Eve's I've seen so far it's all been AP. I really don't want to believe matchmaker is intentionally boring me with what I've been presented with, but I'm not as good as my record is showing so I don't know what's going on. I don't want to add her to my shelf of "only play when you want a free win" along with Lulu and company because she's so fun, but I despise playing one-sided matches. :<

Volandum

11-16-2012

Well, AD Eve is a melee AD Carry, low CC, fast, strong steroid. If you're good with AD Eve you could probably do quite well with AD Yi or Fiora (and the good AD Yis are VERY scary.)

Your build isn't even THAT overwhelming - try a phage into IE and Exec instead of 3force and Gunblade.

Malah

11-16-2012

I usually don't even get to the Gunblade completion unless the match is dragging on; the vamp scepter is nice to have, but I either run out of slots to piece together the rest of it or have more pressing issues like a fed Ezreal with Sanguine, one of their AP's starting to hurt, or Rammus being a nuisance. It keeps coming back to, yeah, more damage would be nice to have, but getting that QSS/Executioner's/Sweeper would be rather convenient about now.

The problem I've found with Fiora is that she can do well with duels (eduh, it's in the name) and when she gets ahead, but if she gets into a disadvantageous fight she's got no way to get out and is totally boned unless her team bails her out. You have to either find someone to take out fast or you're going to notice that health bar drop. Yi has moderately better escapes with Highlander, but I always have problems getting his gold machine going. I've screamed countless times when on the other side to just hit him!

The shared link between them is that Thornmail makes them sad and they melt under pressure. I run into the front of a death machine and do not give a single care between 200 armor and my ult. Well, okay, I'll give about one and a half, but those disappear when their Friendly Neighborhood Katarina/Ezreal/Kassadin/Vayne drops like a sack of bricks and I'm running back behind my team.

Volandum

11-16-2012

Makes sense those would have a bit of trouble getting out (actually Fiora can run away very fast after her E, I've caught up to Yis with it), as they have access to gap closers for going in.

The point with my suggestion is that IE is cheaper than 3force and more damaging here, phage is all you really want (you can finish it very late). It also synergises nicely with atma's.

Orphane

11-16-2012

You exhaust and turn around and kill her? I mean, that's what 99% of bruisers should be doing.

A12MO12

11-16-2012

An ad eve? Malph likes this, so does amumu, jayce, darius, khazix, kassadin, urgot , jax and several others i can't remember

HaIfhearted

11-16-2012

To be fair, AD Eve has a considerable AS steroid and a refreshable massive movespeed steroid that removes slows.
Her kit is arguably better than Yi's when it comes to building AD.

I dunno what to tell you.
Melee AD carries are pretty damn strong at low-mid elo ranges, and Eve has the steroids to match the best of them.

Like A12MO12 said, the best counters are things like Malphite that can reduce attackspeed, or just the generic "hard cc + focus-fire" or exhaust.
Ninja Tabi + Thornmail would also be quite effective at combating her.

Elalya

11-16-2012

AD Eve has really bad uptime on her steroids. Kite/cc until they wear off, then turn around and beat her up.

Malah

11-17-2012

Thought: Olaf, perhaps? Cuts through my armor and has better sustain as far as I can tell.

Edit: How to counter Eve: three tanks. -.- Alternatively, Alistar with a phage is a firm counter. Can't just kill him so he'll stop dry humping me, and I can't do anything about his CC.

Also, ADC Eve is firmly insane. Out with the Triforce, in with Infinity Edge -> Entropy. Throw in a Shroud and Vamp Scepter in between and I'm set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
Makes sense those would have a bit of trouble getting out (actually Fiora can run away very fast after her E, I've caught up to Yis with it), as they have access to gap closers for going in.

The point with my suggestion is that IE is cheaper than 3force and more damaging here, phage is all you really want (you can finish it very late). It also synergises nicely with atma's.
Hrm. That is a good point. I can't even really make a case for mana because I rush FH second, but it just takes so ungodly long to finish compared to picking up components of TF every base/death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
You exhaust and turn around and kill her? I mean, that's what 99% of bruisers should be doing.
I usually either disengage with W or QSS it off and keep going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A12MO12 View Post
An ad eve? Malph likes this, so does amumu, jayce, darius, khazix, kassadin, urgot , jax and several others i can't remember
Magic damage, QSS, win trade, QSS & hold my ult for his, win trade, win trade, Urgot wins everything, W the phage proc and kite him during counterstrike, repeat as often as necessary.

The only one of those that's going to be a real pain in the ass is Malphite guarding a carry and I'm enough of a threat to be the prime target. I can QSS Urgot and run in a team situation. Now, if Jax is fed then I'm going to have a problem if someone propped him up to free sustain level, but so does everyone. I think the point is missed if it takes cheesecake to beat her; that's just shoving her on their level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
To be fair, AD Eve has a considerable AS steroid and a refreshable massive movespeed steroid that removes slows.
Her kit is arguably better than Yi's when it comes to building AD.

I dunno what to tell you.
Melee AD carries are pretty damn strong at low-mid elo ranges, and Eve has the steroids to match the best of them.

Like A12MO12 said, the best counters are things like Malphite that can reduce attackspeed, or just the generic "hard cc + focus-fire" or exhaust.
Ninja Tabi + Thornmail would also be quite effective at combating her.
So, what, do I just have to keep winning until I get out of low-mid Elo? I'm getting bored most of the time except for the rare close games, and half of those are resulting because the other team is made of cheese and they just scale up to compete with me late-game.

My response to Thornmail is Wit's End. Counters the damage return nicely and provides a source that it won't hit; if I've got gold to burn I'll just skip that and go Abyssal if I've already got a negatron sitting in my inventory. A dedicated tank with FH/Rand might give me problems, though, since I can't really do anything about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elalya View Post
AD Eve has really bad uptime on her steroids. Kite/cc until they wear off, then turn around and beat her up.
The only disengage I've really had a problem with is Kassadin because I can't W to catch up to him; either I had to use it to catch up to him after a jump or he's silenced me and I can't use it anyway.

Caitlyn with a dedicated support does give me trouble, though. The trap feet and net trick gets me more times than I would care to admit.