Since we are disabling items for dom...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carolina Blues

11-17-2012

If you buy sunfire cape and frozen mallet you should just emit a steam cloud anytime you hit an enemy. Also I guess you'd have TONS OF HP.

Hawktitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

The item isn't overpowered so the only other reason is that you think it's a trap item? Or is the reason that you are fishing for replies and are just trolling? If so I guess i added one.

DivineBovine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Bump for EDITS

Nyx87

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Sunfire Cape isn't a bad item.
It's perfectly fine on tanks like Leona, Alistar and maybe Malphite who don't necessarily do *that* much damage on their own.
Sunfire is a terrible item, even on those champs. There are just so many better items that giants belt and chain vest build into that you are just wasting gold on the sunfire combine cost.

Giants belt builds into Rylias/Frozen mallet for better peels/sticks, and Chainvest builds into glacial/wardens/thornmail. The ONLY champion you can only slightly justify it on is Amumu because of his passive.

If you want the HP and armor, i understand, but jsut get giants belt and chainvest, the combine provides no additional armor and very little HP. You want more damage? Sheen on Alistar/Leona, more armor on Malphite.

Redenbacher

11-19-2012

While I agree that there are better items than Sunfire Cape, and there could be better itemization for Giant's Belts in general, I have one primary issue with the OP's argument:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineBovine View Post
For the components of Chain Vest and Giants belt, 1800g investment right there, plus a 800g combine cost, you are getting:

0 Extra Armor
20 Extra Health
Unique: Deals 40 magic damage per second to nearby enemies (400 range) AKA the passive.

So essentially you are paying 2610g for 40 magic damage per second in an aoe.
I'm sorry, what?

You just said there was an 1800g investment in Giant's Belt and Chain Vest, then discounted that to a gross oversimplification just to poorly help your argument. You're paying ~800g for the burn passive.

However, in support of your argument, I don't believe the passive is worthwhile on Dominion. In SR, it helps champions that have difficulty farming, farm. It helps them maintain presence in teamfights.

In Dominion, I don't believe it passively interrupts caps (though if you're standing that close, you can just auto-attack). It doesn't do much damage once you factor in magic resistance. Teamfights are smaller; largely relegated to small skirmishes. It doesn't help with dueling. Finally, you're simply not focused on farming minions unless you're bot lane.

The item shouldn't be 'removed', per se. Another armor + Giant's Belt item should be created. However, we have to keep in mind the implications good Giant's Belt itemization has on the health of Dominion.

SylianEUW

11-19-2012

There are some problems with your argument. For one thing, you compare Sunfire Cape to one of the most cost-effective defensive items in the game, Glacial Shroud. Furthermore, you seem to disregard the fact that it is possible to buff Sunfire Cap if it's too weak. According to the PBE patch notes, Sunfire Cape will receive a buff soon, with the total cost reduced from 2610 to 2500. If it's still too weak, they could buff it even more.

I do not think Sunfire Cape needs to be removed. It works decently as a late game item on some champions. Sure, in some cases it might be a trap, but so are many other items. Some items are situational, Sunfire Cape is one of those. Besides, to be fair, most champions in Dominion who get Sunfire Cap already have Frozen Heart.

SlasherBag

11-19-2012

Malph (passive and e) and amumu (passive) should enjoy this item. Any other tank I'd just say get the belt + mail and build into w/e is needed, but I try to avoid giants belt for the most part anyways on champs like leona/ali/rammus. Ruby+kindle items are way more effective on tanks who have built in resist steroids.

Bunnle

11-19-2012

First thing I always get on Garen. So how about no.

SinnerSaints

11-19-2012

I get it on mundo when i play him. Fiery MUNDO sweet