Best Mid for Solo Que?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JJ Unbreakable

11-19-2012

For solo queue, I recommend the following, as they work well in almost all situations:
Brand and Morgana work well in lane and in team fights.

Brand has a good range nuke and a single target stun. He also has point-and-click damage if you have trouble leading your opponent.
He has good AoE damage and a DoT passive which works well when starting fights and finishing them.

Morgana's shield is incredibly powerful. Offensively, defensively, on herself, team-mates.
Her pool can be used in combination with her snare, farming, zone control and in team-fights.
She can stun and damage everyone around her (while being spell-immune with shield) and she has innate spell-vamp.

Agent510

11-20-2012

I play a lot of ranked solo que and especially lately been seeing a lot more Kassadins and Morganas which has inspired me to play a lot more Mordekaiser who i think is a very underappreciated mid. I've also had lots of success with zed, but it can be a problem if your team doesnt communicate and ends up all AD.

Eggochiggo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

I find Fiddle to be an extremely good mid laner, E harass is great and your Q is an excellent set up for the jungler to gank, especially if you have a jungler with hard CC you have a long fear followed up by a nice stun and if 2 people cant' kill their mid in 3-4 seconds of hard CC you are doing something wrong.

InsidiousAtheist

01-29-2013

I think Fizz is a super effective solo que champ because of his mobility and the fact that he counters some of the most popular mid picks.

SeCKS Egai

01-29-2013

Mid really needs a variety since there are sooo many counters. I myself focus on karth - even if he gets behind in the lane, his defile and ult in teamfights can make all the difference.

Zahalith

01-29-2013

Beware though, the role of AD Caster mid is starting to be normal in my 1200 ELO.

Pantheon, GP, Riven, Wu Kong, Khazix can wreak any mid champ who has no armor

It's going to be scary very soon for AP mids.

AznBait

01-29-2013

Ahri's a nice choice. Infact maybe one of my favorite mids of all time. Being able to burst tons of damage early, mid, and of course, late game. But one of my favs is the charm ulty combo. Quite unique when it comes to mid games.

Iboga2012

01-29-2013

I'm a big fan of Ryze myself... though his range is somewhat short, he can take some hits and he hits like a truck! Not to mention he's also extremely cheap...

WhoopsiGoldburg

01-29-2013

Cho'gath hands down, can get beat out by ranged mids that have a strong poke but, wrecks most mids and has no trouble with all the AD mids.

alchemistothesun

03-27-2013

My favs:

Katarina-very good lane phase, farm with q and w. if you place a ward in the middle of ur lane, u can shunpo away. with QSS u are almost perfectly safe. also get DFG. and ur ult gets u pentas easily.

Veigar-ok lane phase. use his q to last hit minions for OP ability power. his e is a great escape mechanism cuz it stuns so u can get away with a flash. he is squishy, but with a good jungler, you can burst anyone. his combo can burst down almost any tank. same with kat get QSS and DFG and you will be fine. he can counter almost any ap mid, exceptions are ahri and yi cuz of tru damage and meditanking.