Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best Mid for Solo Que?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaSuperMinion

11-18-2012

Quote:
MuhGeeSher:
I don't think there is a best mid... Some champs just counter others and etc. Every AP mid champ is pretty good imo. The only ones I don't really like nowadays is like Swain, Vlad, Teemo. I prefer to go top with 'em.

Morgana is probably the best safe pick imo..Pretty easy to learn and master. Though if you suck at skillshotting, you probably will not be good on her. She can farm easy, escape easy, I really love her ult too so you can tell if a stealth champ is trying to gank you or whatnot. :-)

LB is pretty decent in terms of 1v1'ing mid lane, but later on when people build MR, you'll feel pretty worthless. I think she doesn't bring enough to the table to be a safe pick.

Morg easy to learn? No, just...no. Is she easy mode once you learn her? Yes, but learning her is not easy. Despite popular belief she isn't tanky so you gotta know how other camps work and how their players think or you are feeding. And, everything more or less depends on you landing your Q or you a not really any kind of threat. Lastly, you really have to learn how to manage your mana...

Crazy Crann

11-18-2012

I'm not level 30 and haven't hit ranked drafts yet, but in normal I find I really, really enjoy Kassadin.

He has massive burst in his R-Q-E combo that can chunk a huge portion of the enemy's HP off, is incredibly mobile with his R (and flash if you take it), and in general is a great counter for most AP casters you're going to run up against in mid lane.

WRYYYYYY

11-18-2012

Orianna is pretty good. I think she is one of the easiest mid champs to farm with once you buy grail for 890gold. She can also harass/trade well and is great for teamfights later. Just be careful not to get ganked with her since she tends to push lane.

Maleric

11-18-2012

Surprised Diana hasn't been mentioned. She seems pretty solid and can even jungle if need be.

I'd have to say as far as solid goes though, Mordekaiser is perhaps the most solid mid. It's really hard to oust him from lane, though he is vulnerable to ganks with no escape mechanism.

AskKarthus

11-18-2012

Karthus farms easy, deals a huge amount of damage in teamfights, and has good utility with his wall.
The problem is he is usually passive in lane and can't roam.

Jawanga

11-18-2012

Orianna is god tier in mid lane right now. She has very good laning phase with her autoattacks and being able to spam abilities once you get a chalice. She also transitions very well into mid/late game because of her utility.

Great Pyrenees

11-19-2012

You can mid as Sona, never die to a gank and bring so much damage, healing and CC into mid game team fights that you will steamroll. She has the longest poke in game so you just farm under your turret and when they push assist your jungler in a easy mid kill.

DeusExFides

11-19-2012

Quote:
darthheter24:
I really like malzahar safe pick for me and can farm very well with his E.

Morgana is also someone who is easy to farm with mid, once you get to lvl 3 on her pool you kill all the creeps that come to lane.

ItsJustPain

11-19-2012

Quote:
Impending Demise:
I'm totally loving Ahri, I love Kat aswell. What are some other fantastic mid picks? I was thinking of buying Cass next, or maybe LeBlanc!

If you are looking for a fun champ to play and takes time to master him
Go for Heimerdinger

AODRG

11-19-2012

Best choices:

Orianna - Provides high harass and burst and can easily push up a lane and out farm her opponent. Falls flat in her high skill requirement and is heavily mana dependent.

Malzahar - E farms up well, so long as the enemy champion doesn't steal it off the wave. Voidlings to much more damage than they lead on, and his high cc can come in handy in a team fight. Very hard not to kill someone with him

Katarina - Quick burst and heavy damage. Only problem is almost any CC can end her.

Twisted Fate - High CC and long range harass. Falls flat due to the fact that only his q and w do real damage (e does to, but relies on his attacks.)