Cassiopeia Or Anivia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ominous

11-17-2012

I cannot decide between these two to add to my new AP mid collection! What do you guys think? Is better overall? And for Ranked games/Solo que with counterpicks out of the question?

Transmute Master

11-17-2012

Cassiopeia! She does more damage while anivia has more utility

Ominous

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmute Master View Post
Cassiopeia! She does more damage while anivia has more utility
I thought anivia does more damage? :0

adc

11-17-2012

I'd suggest Anivia if you're going for a team oriented game. Her wall is just too ****ing good once you know how to use it. Oh, it's a 5v5? Nope, 5v2 with one of their carries out of position! Sorry guys, I just ended the game.

If you just want a hero that can basically 1v5, go for Cassiopeia. Her damage is utterly ridiculous, and her ultimate lets her turn a teamfight around on a dime.

0V3RDOS3

11-17-2012

From my experience as a Cassiopeia main i can tell you that she is awesome for Solo Q (Ranked/Normal). She dominates her lane against the mayority of AP's and has INSANE damage and killing potential so you can outplay your opponent pretty often.

In the current meta she's not very popular because of the early gank-happy junglers and your lack of reliable escapes but with some map awareness and your Q speed buff you'll be fine. The only thing you need to do is max Q (800ish range), harass when they come to last hit and it's a free lane most of the time, just dont get too crazy with the E's, because it makes you vulnerable to ganks.

I don't like Anivia much in Solo Q because you need somewhat smart teammates that can follow up and make use of her incredible utility. If you are good with her you can always outplay of course but it's way easier to carry as Cass because of the lack of counterplay.

In a Premade 5v5 environment Anivia is better but in Solo Q a good Cass will just stomp.

Hope that helped ^^ I suck at english btw.

Mad Toyz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

imo Cassiopeia. Unless you have a good team that communicates and will go in when you wall and stuff. Same goes for other mids like oriana. Great at starting fights dmg and cc. But if ur solo que definately cassiopeia she can definately carry a team

Mindllapse

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0V3RDOS3 View Post
From my experience as a Cassiopeia main i can tell you that she is awesome for Solo Q (Ranked/Normal). She dominates her lane against the mayority of AP's and has INSANE damage and killing potential so you can outplay your opponent pretty often.

In the current meta she's not very popular because of the early gank-happy junglers and your lack of reliable escapes but with some map awareness and your Q speed buff you'll be fine. The only thing you need to do is max Q (800ish range), harass when they come to last hit and it's a free lane most of the time, just dont get too crazy with the E's, because it makes you vulnerable to ganks.

I don't like Anivia much in Solo Q because you need somewhat smart teammates that can follow up and make use of her incredible utility. If you are good with her you can always outplay of course but it's way easier to carry as Cass because of the lack of counterplay.

In a Premade 5v5 environment Anivia is better but in Solo Q a good Cass will just stomp.

Hope that helped ^^ I suck at english btw.
I always liked maxing E before Q because of how crazy it is in lane for harassing someone once you landed a single Q

though it makes me lose maxing Q to push into their tower and make them lose cs very very early before they can blow up waves with leveled up aoe damage

Minzart

11-18-2012

I play Anivia and Cass, and here's my 2 cents:

Although Cassiopeia has incredible damage in the form of E DPS, she has a gaping weakness: the fact that she needs to stay around. Most AP mids, like Anivia, can stand VERY clear of the fight and deal good damage in short time (which is what the AP's job is anyhow); Cass is more like a second AD carry, except with magic DPS. Like, it's putting the pressure on your tanks and support to have to protect another carry, which isn't always the best thing to have happen.

Not even mentioning the fact that Anivia has leagues more CC and utility.

Cass is still so amazing for catching high priority targets out of position and her decent roaming; but as soon as team fights come around, she pales in the face of Anivia.

Danish Vikingz

11-18-2012

Cassio for solo Q and Anivia in a premade game.

NapalmBrain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

wow finally someone else who maxes her q first I thought I was just weird. I think she can clear waves better with maxing q first. Plus it is more damage if you can reliably hit your q. Oh and buy cass first I love both, but she is so fun, I've been playing her since she was a poor champ choice and her spells were all buggy