Reported by 4 members of my team. Punish or Forgive?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheRoseKnight

11-17-2012

I just finished a normal draft game in which all 4 members of my team, and judging by chat at least 2 of the enemy team, reported me. I do not feel like I did anything wrong but I would like the community's feedback to make sure.

I was 4th pick. It was a game where 3rd and 4th pick on my team pick at the same time. 5th pick 'called' mid. I was not interested in playing support so I said that I'm going to go mid. I picked Jax. I understand that this is not a normal top tier meta stomping mid champion. I was up against Twisted Fate so I was not concerned by my ability to play Jax mid.

My 5th pick then decided to pick Lux, follow me mid, and troll me with a 2nd mid all game long. That happens in LoL, its part of life so whatever. What really upset me was the fact that ALL three of my teammates supported her behavior and called me out as the troll. They refused to explain to her that picking a 2nd mid because you don't want to support is trolling. They claimed that call order > pick order.

You can check my stats, Taric and Alistar are two of my most played champions. I simply didn't feel like supporting this game. When I am fifth pick and it is all that is open, I man up and do it. No one agreed with me and everyone reported me instead of lux.

Is my behavior something that you would punish in the tribunal or did I seriously just get put in a game with a bunch of trolls?

Alanja

11-17-2012

Hmm ...

The tribunal will not see the pre-game chat so they will act according to what they read. And there it is really hard to prove your point.
If I would know this story when I get the report it might tip me to pardon (depending on eventual other cases)

If I would be in the game I would not report you though.

TheRoseKnight

11-17-2012

As long as people read the chat log that's not a problem. They made no attempt to hide the fact that it was about call order > pick order.

Ryuuguu Komachi

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoseKnight View Post
I just finished a normal draft game in which all 4 members of my team, and judging by chat at least 2 of the enemy team, reported me. I do not feel like I did anything wrong but I would like the communities feedback to make sure.

I was 4th pick. It was a game where 3rd and 4th pick on my team pick at the same time. 5th pick 'called' mid. I was not interested in playing support so I said that I'm going to go mid. I picked Jax. I understand that this is not a normal top tier meta stomping mid champion. I was up against Twisted Fate so I was not concerned by my ability to play Jax mid.

My 5th pick then decided to pick Lux, follow me mid, and troll me with a 2nd mid all game long. That happens in LoL, its part of life so whatever. What really upset me was the fact that ALL three of my teammates supported her behavior and called me out as the troll. They refused to explain to her that picking a 2nd mid because you don't want to support is trolling. They claimed that call order > pick order.

You can check my stats, Taric and Alistar are two of my most played champions. I simply didn't feel like supporting this game. When I am fifth pick and it is all that is open, I man up and do it. No one agreed with me and everyone reported me instead of lux.

Is my behavior something that you would punish in the tribunal or did I seriously just get put in a game with a bunch of trolls?
Fifth did in fact call mid first. Also, as you noted, Jax isn't typically someone that goes into mid. All of that aside though, your team was incorrect for supporting someone who essentially trolled the game. Just because there was a role disagreement does not give any player the right to act like an immature child and throw a tantrum.

Regarding Tribunal, I seriously doubt you'll show up in the system. This type of snafu needs to happen very frequently for you to show up in the system.

Alanja

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoseKnight View Post
As long as people read the chat log that's not a problem. They made no attempt to hide the fact that it was about call order > pick order.
Then you should be all set in my opinion.