Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hero selection tactics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Frenzy one

01-11-2010

There are no bad heroes only bad combinations.

Sadness Assassin

Recruiter

01-11-2010

Ok, on the note of Sivir I'd like to refute a few of your points.

You said she's of little use in a team fight, but when you give Sivir Stark's and then pop your ult in the middle of a team fight, unless your team is under-leveled, your going to steam-roll right over the enemy.

Yeah, a lot of champions can kill minions fast, but few can wipe out creep waves as fast as Sivir. Rarely have I been in a match where someone had a higher creep kill-count than me. Ricochet combined with boomerang blade (or even without) can wipe out a built-up creep wave in only a few seconds.

You mentioned that On The Hunt has a "long CD". 90 seconds isn't all that long, considering that On The Hunt can be used to run for you life, help your team run for their lives, melt a turret, team-push and melt a turret or two along with anyone stupid enough to get in the away, chase a near-dead champion, dash to a turret under fire, or to help defeat Baron in record time. Frankly, I think it's one of the best ultimates in the game. If you get cooldown runes and the golem buff, those 90 seconds are even less.

Also, Sivir doesn't just push unguarded towers. Boomerang Blade can be used to harass anyone trying to hug the tower in a vain attempt to defend it from the creep wave that Sivir just pushed along by melting the opposing creeps in a matter of seconds. I've found most enemy champions tend to call for reinforcements when I've pushed up to a turret, because they know that their turret isn't long for the world, and there's no where safe to hide. That's perfectly fine with me, because while they come to stop me, my teammates can push in their lanes.

To so quickly dismiss Sivir is a shame. She makes a great support and a pretty good carry (though admittedly, there are better) in battle, and her aura buffs make team fights something the opponents learn to avoid. I think you should not be so harsh on a character simply because a few people have played them poorly.

~Sadness Assassin

Tornsoul

01-11-2010

So...what the troll is saying is...bad players are bad? Wow what a surprise there.

ShloobeR

01-11-2010

Whilst I agree with your point that the character selection has a huge bearing of the outcome... I'm sorry but your character analysis is just so wildly off that there's no point listening to it

If by 'back scratcher' you mean 'someone who comes in and destroys everyone once the enemy has used up their stuns/CC' then yes, Yi and Kat are 'backscratchers', would you rather the yi tried to initiate???

You obviously have not played skilled Kats for one, because she is absolutely terrifying, fights are frequently decided by her ult, she is really reliant on the other team's combination though, she cannot execute properly if the other team has a good number of stuns, but with proper timing her ult is a teamfight winner. The whole POINT of Kat is that you ONLY need Hp and DMG, that's it, apart form boots there is simply nothing else that she needs to play well, her attack hits hard but many kats will not invest in attack speed because its not the way she is played many times.

Ok you can say yi is bad but no, he's not, he's as good as the people who play him and in a teamfight his DPS is just invaluable after the initiation phase is over (yes he will get smashed early with direct damage spells but then your team has nothing left for the rest of them)

TWITCH? Twitch ? .... twitch can be controlled but in a teamfight his ultimate is just far too valuable because he doesnt need to be IN the mix to do it, he requires enemy teams to focus EXTREMELY hard to counter him and if their team has a decent composition a good twitch has no REASON to be in much danger during a teamfight

Sivir is not someone I'd pick for a team fight but her ability to dominate any lane is immensely useful

None of these heroes are uncounterable but you seem to be complaining about bad players using these heroes then the heroes themselves... I'd much rather have a bad yi then a bad alistair, because a tank who doesnt know what he's doing is dead weight.

sainthero

01-11-2010

You lost a lot of games while playing those characters because you can't use them right and your teammates verbally bashed you so you decided to make a thread about noob teammates. Butthurt much? Get a mic and premade in LoL vent though if you suck that much the bashing will be even more painful.

P.S. AP sivir with 20 stacks from soulstealer can halve an enemy team's health making way for your carries or a karthus to ace them.