Hero selection tactics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaxCollector

11-22-2009

we know this solo matchmaking is broken. from my experience, just a way to avoid some pain. i have more than 150+ games(i lost count after 2 resets anyway). I am not top tier but i guess they have more advanced tactics such as 3 21pt talents.

It is advisable not to group with noob heroes aka useless/1 man down. In some cases noob usually like these heroes cause they easily leech the team's kill with minimal skill involved. Some cases noobs just like them because they look "cool" Just exit n join another game when u see them

katarina- no cc/weak dmg/hp, just a lame back scratcher or kser that comes in after ur team does initiating n tanking. Has a barely noticeable autoattack. Ocasionally does a spin on the ground that signals "hit me" and nothing else

evelyn- nearly same as katarina, but cant do lame spin. Can occasionally annoy people others into buying wards

master yi- can be good sometimes since it actually deals dmg unlike katarina but many ppl play yi like katarina so theres a high probabilty of this champ being useless. The average yi wont be a turret killer cos they are busy running after any champ sighted. Has a "look cool" feel that attracts noobs

jax- same as master yi

twitch- same as master yi

heimer- turrets are good against noobs who dun kill them. Otherwise its useless against decent players that actually kill them.

Sivir - almost like katarina. being of little use or threat in a team fight. can kill minions fast but so can the other 70% of the champs

Xirus

11-22-2009

I agree with you that a lot of the game starts in the character selection screen for mid tier play, but I disagree with your analysis... Twitch, sivir, and Yi are all quite potent in the right hands, and you're seriously gimping yoursel if you leave when you see them. Eve and jax are decent. Surely it'd be better to look at whether they're taking the appropriate summoner spells for their characters?

Pieceofcandy

11-23-2009

Someone lost some games.

Zirun

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxCollector View Post
katarina- no cc/weak dmg/hp, just a lame back scratcher or kser that comes in after ur team does initiating n tanking. Has a barely noticeable autoattack. Ocasionally does a spin on the ground that signals "hit me" and nothing else
Katarina only has one main use in teamfights, and that's her powerful ult. In order for her to get off her ult, she has to go in after tanks initiate, otherwise he ult will be stopped and you'll be at a big disadvantage. And signaling 'hit me' to the opponents can be useful, if somebody more deadly (AP Nunu's ult, for instance) is waiting in the wings. Other than that, she's a good chase and can still work well with a health item or two to fix her 'weak hp'. I'm not saying Katarina is the best choice ever, but she's not as useless as you make her out to be.

Quote:
evelyn- nearly same as katarina, but cant do lame spin. Can occasionally annoy people others into buying wards
She can do well early game, when wards and Oracle's are nowhere to be found. She can tower dive well, and chase decently. Unfortunately her Evelynn, Oracle's makes it extremely hard for her to be useful, being both fragile and melee, so she doesn't see much play time higher up.

Quote:
master yi- can be good sometimes since it actually deals dmg unlike katarina but many ppl play yi like katarina so theres a high probabilty of this champ being useless. The average yi wont be a turret killer cos they are busy running after any champ sighted. Has a "look cool" feel that attracts noobs
I really don't know what to say, other than 'LOL'. I think about the only correct word in here is 'good'. Seriously, not a turret killer? Yi is one of the BEST turret killers...

Quote:
jax- same as master yi

Twitch has one of the, if not the, best turret killing ults, and it makes him deadly in a teamfight when combined with on-hit effects, Tiamat, etc. Jax is a good chaser and fairly good ganker, from my limited experience seeing him in action.

Quote:
heimer- turrets are good against noobs who dun kill them. Otherwise its useless against decent players that actually kill them.
Believe it or not, Heimerdinger has two other abilities that aren't turrets! His grenade is great for taking down towers (and backdooring from the jungle, even), and the rockets do pretty good damage, and can be used to slow several enemies with Rylai's. Overall he's a great pusher with his turrets and grenades, and a great defender.

Quote:
Sivir - almost like katarina. being of little use or threat in a team fight. can kill minions fast but so can the other 70% of the champs
[/quote]
Sivir isn't SUPPOSED to be a huge threat in a team fight, she's a pusher, which she is excellent at with Ricochet & On The Hunt especially. On The Hunt is a great utility ability for running away, chasing, and boosting attack speed for teamfights/pushes.

Tl;dr: While I can agree that some of these aren't the best champs (Ev, Heimer), WHAT GAME ARE YOU PLAYING?

TaxCollector

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirun View Post
Katarina only has one main use in teamfights, and that's her powerful ult. In order for her to get off her ult, she has to go in after tanks initiate, otherwise he ult will be stopped and you'll be at a big disadvantage. And signaling 'hit me' to the opponents can be useful, if somebody more deadly (AP Nunu's ult, for instance) is waiting in the wings. Other than that, she's a good chase and can still work well with a health item or two to fix her 'weak hp'. I'm not saying Katarina is the best choice ever, but she's not as useless as you make her out to be.
it does jack**** for a channeling skill and nobody cares whether it is channeling or not. Look at nunu ulti and notice people are actually threatened by it. Noobs might love the free mana skill but u get wat u pay for.

Quote:
She can do well early game, when wards and Oracle's are nowhere to be found. She can tower dive well, and chase decently. Unfortunately her Evelynn, Oracle's makes it extremely hard for her to be useful, being both fragile and melee, so she doesn't see much play time higher up.
it wont see play time higher up cos it sucks and doesnt pull its own weight even in lower tier.

Quote:
I really don't know what to say, other than 'LOL'. I think about the only correct word in here is 'good'. Seriously, not a turret killer? Yi is one of the BEST turret killers...
yeah i know yi can kill turret but the average ones dun until they have an army enough to overpower the tower anyway.

Quote:
Twitch has one of the, if not the, best turret killing ults, and it makes him deadly in a teamfight when combined with on-hit effects, Tiamat, etc. Jax is a good chaser and fairly good ganker, from my limited experience seeing him in action.
Ulti is good for taking out towers but 8 out of 10 twitchs dun do that. They are in stealth waiting for an easy kill and then sucking cos they didnt farm much. Jax take too much skill which most people fail so i say it usually sux as well

Quote:
Believe it or not, Heimerdinger has two other abilities that aren't turrets! His grenade is great for taking down towers (and backdooring from the jungle, even), and the rockets do pretty good damage, and can be used to slow several enemies with Rylai's. Overall he's a great pusher with his turrets and grenades, and a great defender.
only if players are decent enough to get rylai and slow enemies for the team but i dun see them doing it. I certainly dun see great damage coming from these 2 spells usually anyway

Quote:

Sivir isn't SUPPOSED to be a huge threat in a team fight, she's a pusher, which she is excellent at with Ricochet & On The Hunt especially. On The Hunt is a great utility ability for running away, chasing, and boosting attack speed for teamfights/pushes.
On the hunt has a long cd and pushing down a tower is plenty easy once its unguarded
i rather have a pusher that can do something else too like slow/stun/heal/tank. singe/soraka/alistar/ashe watever

Arthas Menethil

11-23-2009

I cannot agree with Sivir and Jax. Sivir is used alot in high level play. Jax with full dodge runes is nigh invulnerable.

Dullindal

11-23-2009

I totally disagree about Evelynn.

While she is mostly played as a Hero Hunter, she eats turrets like cookies!

A little AP + Lich Bane and a Hate spike spam= ALOT of FAST 500dmg hits on those tiny towers.
Same for lanes, if people would use hate spike a little more instead, she can be really good!

As for Jax.

You are right, you see alot of people just running around whenever they see some enemy in hope they can do stuff.
But you cant just put them all in the same group.
Like arthas says, Jax can be a unkillable monster, if you have some common sense and buy the right items

stardash

11-23-2009

Quote:
can be good sometimes since it actually deals dmg unlike katarina but many ppl play yi like katarina so theres a high probabilty of this champ being useless. The average yi wont be a turret killer cos they are busy running after any champ sighted. Has a "look cool" feel that attracts noobs

I can see what you are saying about people playing Twitch improperly, but a good player of him knows what to do. I have been playing Twitch sense beta and have learned over time and practice that his ult is one of the more powerful ones in the game. He can take towers with it or can do a lot of damage to a whole team.

A lot of playing him is waiting for the right time and position to attack. This may seem like a ks to some people or it may seem like Twitch is just waiting for an easy kill, but in a 5v5 situation as soon as you pop your ult you better be in a good place to get away quickly and to maximize the damage from the ult. These two elements are what separate a good Twitch from a bad one.

Also early game he is excellent at getting kills. Once again it is all about position. Position is the most important part of using Twitch to his fullest potential.

jiangalang

01-11-2010

The "R" button is the most important part of using twitch to his fullest potential.

SushiRolI

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiangalang View Post
The "R" button is the most important part of using twitch to his fullest potential.
It irks me when people say this, position is the most important part.

Anyways, why feed the troll who can't play the game, better things to talk about~