Real Proof Elo Hell Exists

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shorty

01-08-2013

So no, this isn't 100% definitive proof that it exists, but it's something to think about (and it's actually pretty solid). I have two level 30 accounts. My smurf is 1250. My main? it's about 920. I play equally well on both, get the same scores just as consistently. My only handicap is that my smurf has incomplete runes on most pages, but I win a much higher %age of games on that account.

The reason is, I actually never seem to see trolls on either side in that 1250 smurf. It really depends on who outplays the other team, despite the 50/50 odds of the smurf. I seem to have bad luck with trolls/feeders on my main, and get them at least 2/3rds of the time. I don't always do well. I typically do though, no matter what the role is, but I don't end up winning most of the games even if I'm 15/3. Typically it gets to the point that I'm the only one actually carrying the team with Vayne Akali Eve or some other hyper carry I know well who can pull me through any match. If I get caught once though the game is over. If I don't get caught, the rest of the team does and I can't 1 v 5.

I play well but never play well enough, so my elo's steadily dropping. I'd like to point out the myth of Tantalus. He received a special punishment. He stands in a pool of water in hell, with a never ending thirst. If he tries to drink the water level lowers so he can't ever actually drink.

If anyone has advice besides "Get Better" I'd like to hear some more consistent ways to raise my elo. It's getting to the point where I think I should just dodge every game that isn't a near 100% Win. It'll take a few months, but I think it's my last resort.

GGPr0digy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-08-2013

its your play style that puts you in this fake Elo hello i don't believe in it but its all on how you play

Shorty

01-08-2013

This isn't a QQ thread. This is actually asking for advice.

White Nitro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGPr0digy View Post
its your play style that puts you in this fake Elo hello i don't believe in it but its all on how you play
Hahahahaha, you are adorable. ELO hell is the most real portion of this game, and if you think it doesn't, I'm sorry, but I kinda think you're a dumb *****.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
So no, this isn't 100% definitive proof that it exists
Stop reading. Got bored.

Shadowed Ruby

01-08-2013

Electric Light Orchestra hell? Or did you mean Elo?

THEBESTLARD

01-08-2013

Yeah man Im stuck in a similat situation. Game after game i have trolls/AFK/feeders and i just keep losing. Im not always a top player every game obviously, but I tend to play at least decent. I just can't win when every single game is messed up by one or more of my teammates. Is there any suggestions to help get out of this?

Boagster

01-08-2013

Funny. I'm currently playing in the 10XX Elo level (by the way, Elo is a name, not an abbreviation) and I rarely lose a game where I can't pin it on a certain aspect of my team's play and I honestly don't see any abnormal amount of trolls compared to all the normals I have played or the 13XX Elo I played in last year.

One thing I can attest to is that I don't give people a reason to be trolls and encourage my teammates to do the same. I never call a role until there are only a few left, and then only if my entire team is communicating, eliminating most problems with other players not being able / having no desire to play other roles.

Boagster

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBESTLARD View Post
Yeah man Im stuck in a similat situation. Game after game i have trolls/AFK/feeders and i just keep losing. Im not always a top player every game obviously, but I tend to play at least decent. I just can't win when every single game is messed up by one or more of my teammates. Is there any suggestions to help get out of this?
Responding to the bolded/underlined statement:

If there are that many trolls / bad teammates (which are not the same) in your Elo and you are not one of the problem players, then odds are in your favor that the other team will end up with these bad players.

There are ten (10) players in a game. One (1) player on your team is guaranteed to be you. Assuming one bad player per game at your Elo, and that you are not a bad player, you have a 4/9 chance to pull a bad player. The other team has a 5/9 chance to pull a bad player.

If a second bad player is put in the game, the odds are still in your favor. If the enemy team gets the first one, you have an even chance as them getting the second. If you do get it (a 4/8 chance), then you both have a bad player. If you don't get it (also a 4/8 chance), then your enemy team is an even worse position.

If your team gets the first one, then the enemy team has a 5/8 chance of pulling the second, while you only have a 3/8 chance.

I don't feel like running the numbers to get the actual percent chance, but I believe that should be sufficient enough to disprove the "all my teammates are bad" argument.

GGPr0digy

Recruiter

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon Banks View Post
Hahahahaha, you are adorable. ELO hell is the most real portion of this game, and if you think it doesn't, I'm sorry, but I kinda think you're a dumb *****.
your funny