Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

3 items that synergize stupidly well with Irelia.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotBuzzJack

11-17-2012

1. Doran's blade
If she buys 2 of these and gets her W to rank 4, she heals for 21 health on hit. This puts her lane sustain back up to when Hiten Style didn't need to be active for the full bonus.

2. Boots of Swiftness
Slow resist. As if her incredible resilience to cc wasn't enough. You may not be getting the tenacity from mercs, but that's what the next item is for.

3. Zephyr
+20 attack damage
+50% attack speed
+10% movement speed
+10% cooldown reduction
Unique Passive - Tenacity
I think that speaks for itself.

edit: Ok Boots of Swiftness and Zephyr are cool and all, but they just work well with her, they aren't broken. Doran's blade though, it's broken on her.

Zhico

11-17-2012

Quote:
NotBuzzJack:
1. Doran's blade
If she buys 2 of these and gets her W to rank 4, she heals for 21 health on hit. This puts her lane sustain back up to when Hiten Style didn't need to be active for the full bonus.

2. Boots of Swiftness
Slow resist. As if her incredible resilience to cc wasn't enough. You may not be getting the tenacity from mercs, but that's what the next item is for.

3. Zephyr
+20 attack damage
+50% attack speed
+10% movement speed
+10% cooldown reduction
Unique Passive - Tenacity
I think that speaks for itself.

Im pretty concerned about the dorans and the swiftness isnt a problem since any other boots do a lot better for irelia, Zephyr has very good stats for irelia but you wont be tanky so it hard to say if its a good trade

x GUNPLAY

11-17-2012

yea those dorans are really nice now 3% of a 70 dmg attack wasnt ****... now there's actually sustain

Tetramaster

11-17-2012

Blades got changed so that instead of scaling well into late game, they're purely meant for early game, falling off a lot by mid-late game.

NotBuzzJack

11-17-2012

Quote:
Tetramaster:
Blades got changed so that instead of scaling well into late game, they're purely meant for early game, falling off a lot by mid-late game.

Except this isn't the case with Irelia. They're still really good mid game on her.

Problem is if they nerf Irelia's sustain because of Doran's blade, then she has to buy Doran's blade. If they nerf Doran's blade because of Irelia....well they can't do that.

I mean boots of Swiftness and Zephyr are cool and all, but they aren't broken, Doran's blade on Irelia is.

Xyltin

11-17-2012

I actually hope that they will nerf Doran's to 4 HP per AA (not cause of Irelia, but it gives pretty crazy sustain early on; one blade alone gives nearly as much sustain early on as 2 did before)
With 5 per AA, you would need 166 dmg per AA to actually get worse than the 3%. That is lvl 12-14 + IE + AD runes and masteries.

Zephyr is a nice option if you want more MS with her.

What i like on Swiftness is the extra MS they give. +15 (was +20 on the old ones) more than the other boots is a pretty good amount.

But I'm pretty sure we will see some nerfs on some champs like Jax, Teemo ir Irelia in the weeks after the patch goes live. The new items and the jungle change things, but that makes Irelia actually stronger, cause her biggest weakness are ganks, especially early.

BaronVonPwny

11-17-2012

Frozen fist is beautiful <3

NotBuzzJack

11-17-2012

Quote:
Xyltin:
I actually hope that they will nerf Doran's to 4 HP per AA (not cause of Irelia, but it gives pretty crazy sustain early on; one blade alone gives nearly as much sustain early on as 2 did before)

I think the reason the sustain is so high is so it's actually good a starting item, now it can actually compete with boots and 3. Only problem is it's broken on Irelia.

Xyltin

11-17-2012

Quote:
NotBuzzJack:
I think the reason the sustain is so high is so it's actually good a starting item, now it can actually compete with boots and 3. Only problem is it's broken on Irelia.

You need 6 minutes of perfect CS to get the sustain from 3 pots (already included the +80 HP). Nothing can compete with 3 pots sustain early game, and that is good so.
You could start cloth + pots or null + pots.
Long sword + 2 pots.
Dagger + 2 pots (then Dorans and berserker).

Dorans isn't really great as a starting item as long as you don't have a Soraka or another healer that can replace most of the lost sustain.

No, I don't think we will see the Doran's blade start in any lane. Same with the ring. In the jungle it is a different story (Udyr + Blade start seems to work fine).

NotBuzzJack

11-17-2012

Quote:
Xyltin:
You need 6 minutes of perfect CS to get the sustain from 3 pots (already included the +80 HP). Nothing can compete with 3 pots sustain early game, and that is good so.
You could start cloth + pots or null + pots.
Long sword + 2 pots.
Dagger + 2 pots (then Dorans and berserker).

Dorans isn't really great as a starting item as long as you don't have a Soraka or another healer that can replace most of the lost sustain.

No, I don't think we will see the Doran's blade start in any lane. Same with the ring. In the jungle it is a different story (Udyr + Blade start seems to work fine).

The trade off is you get more damage with the blade, and early on 10 makes quite the difference.