Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Arcane Helix on Swain Bot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adage009

Recruiter

11-17-2012

I recently did an intermediate bot game on the pbe and notice that Swain bot had an Arcane Helix in his inventory at about 15 minutes in the game. I know Arcane Helix was scrapped for player use but find it odd that a bot can use an item that players do not have access to.

So far this is the only strange occurrence I have noted besides the already reported cases of some bots having surge, which a Graves Bot had in the very same game. I'm not sure if this is an oversight or working as intended but thought I should bring it to riot's attention.

Sintobus

11-17-2012

I never heard about this but I am interested. Also you should probably edit your thread title in advance edit to properly show the bug and issue at hand.

LadySilvara

11-17-2012

I have also seen the item on a Swain bot.

Ibuki Suika

11-17-2012

where was it said it got scrapped? that stinks i was really excited about it

Zhico

11-17-2012

what are the stats on arcane helix? this is the first time ive heard of this item

Kanderas

11-17-2012

+400 Health
+300 Mana
+10% Cooldown Reduction
UNIQUE Passive: Spending Mana heals you for 30% of the Mana spent.

Builds out of Catalyst and I think something else. It probably didn't make it onto the PBE because there's several ways to abuse it. Namely getting it on champs with sustained abilities. There was dozens of forum threads about how Swain was gonna be unkillable with it. But he wouldn't have been the only threat. Probably turned out to be too hard to balance without making it rubbish. As it is there's no AP on it, though that doesn't mean squat to Ryze.

Zhico

11-17-2012

Quote:
Kanderas:
+400 Health
+300 Mana
+10% Cooldown Reduction

Builds out of Catalyst and I think something else. It probably didn't make it onto the PBE because there's several ways to abuse it. Namely getting it on champs with sustained abilities. There was dozens of forum threads about how Swain was gonna be unkillable with it. But he wouldn't have been the only threat. Probably turned out to be too hard to balance without making it rubbish. As it is there's no AP on it, though that doesn't mean squat to Ryze.

Sounds broken as all hell but would be a great item

Kise

Recruiter

11-17-2012

Make it a 15-20% heal and nerf the hp. It'll work.

Glow Flies

11-17-2012

Quote:
Kanderas:
+400 Health
+300 Mana
+10% Cooldown Reduction

Pretty sure Anivia and karthus would love this item as well.

Kise

Recruiter

11-17-2012

I actually like the idea of them trading sustain for more AP. You could build your mages differently.

Armor & MR are more important than health anyway. They would still be squishy when focused