Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Runaan's Hurricane - Why apply on-hit?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KesslerCOIL

11-17-2012

They made it apply On-Hit to make champions with certain mechanics stronger like Twitch, Varus and Ashe.
Teemo is NOT OP, build some MR for christs sake and focus him. He doesnt deal anymore damage than an ADC or APC.

idDobie

11-17-2012

Nerf AP teemo?

You've got to be kidding me right?

EDIT:: Saw the new malady too. Yeah, ap teemo could be scary.

Warkeiser

11-17-2012

If on-hits weren't applied and you couldn't crit with it, then nobody would ever buy it.

Applying on-hit effects at least make Teemo and Twitch look at it.

CooLTanG

Recruiter

11-17-2012

twitch was fun with it, and black cleaver, throw in amumu ult and u've got urself a penta

parnellyx

11-17-2012

You would be doing more damage if you built Onhit, not AP. Ex. Wits End, Frozen Mallet, Madreds

KesslerCOIL

11-17-2012

Quote:
parnellyx:
You would be doing more damage if you built Onhit, not AP. Ex. Wits End, Frozen Mallet, Madreds

umm no.
with full build on Teemo i have roughly 250 magic damage per hit + the DoT and Malady Debuff....

Fucshia

11-17-2012

Teemo with Malady and Spell Sword mastery has a .95 AP ratio (including the DoT) on each attack. Applying this to three people simultaneously makes Teemo's poke incredibly strong.

Even in a DPS situation, where he's only getting a .55 AP ratio on each auto-attack, this ends up being very, very strong.

Whether or not it's OP I can't really comment on for the moment.

Let's look at another case, though: Kog'maw. Build a normal AP Kog'maw, add Malady and Hurricane, and shred three people for ~10% of their health in every team fight, no problemo, all while having excellent poke, a good slow, and nuking potential.

Again, the definite possibility of the item being brokenly OP exists.

IMO, they will nerf it a little somehow just to prevent the possibility of these builds going insane on live. My guess is they will somehow reduce the impact of on-hit effects on the secondary targets, making it a good item for on-hit builds, but still not dangerously broken.

Dodo Torpedo

11-17-2012

I don't see a problem with Hurricane honestly. If you try to build it in a standard length lane phase you sacrifice damage and do very little. Hurricane is just something I find to be better in mid to late game when you have your cores starting to come in.

Fucshia

11-17-2012

Quote:
Dodo Torpedo:
I don't see a problem with Hurricane honestly. If you try to build it in a standard length lane phase you sacrifice damage and do very little. Hurricane is just something I find to be better in mid to late game when you have your cores starting to come in.

Agreed. Champions like Teemo and Kog'maw want to get most of the way through a build that is almost exactly the typical one before moving into getting Hurricane, which means it's only really a problem towards the end of the mid-game, assuming they aren't getting very fed.

On the other hand, Teemo and Kog'maw are fine before the item, and only get exponentially stronger when they buy it. It's like having an ADC with an early- and mid-game equivalent to an AP burster and/or bruiser.

For instance, a normal AP Kog'maw build might go for Boots, Chalice, Catalyst, then move into AP items like RoA and Deathcap. At this point, you're doing three things very well - providing a nice slow field, poking from extreme range, and killing a single target very quickly with auto-attacks.

After Hurricane is built, all of your strengths are still there - the only difference is that you now kill three targets very quickly with auto-attacks. So now what you have is a champion with good AOE DPS, good single-target DPS, decent burst, a little utility, and some insanely long-range poke.

IMO the potential for abuse is too high and they will have to slightly nerf the interaction with on-hit effects before the item hits live.

Leopanther

11-17-2012

Sorry to say, but I kinda find those threads quite funny.

This item (likely along with the melee version) gets countered so easily if people get used to seeing it ingame.
Not by magic-resist or armor, no.
Simply by walking.

The aoe-radius isn't huge. Players will be aware to keep distance to each other when they see a champ that uses it nearby.
The main strengths of Hurricane will be fast wave / jungle clearing.
It -can- be useful in teamfights, if either your team knows well to CC the enemies together, or if the enemies are bad at coordinating themselves.

Of course players won't learn from one day to the other to change their 'sticking together' during encounters with the enemy, if that item is being used.
It's something that evolves over time and increasing experience of the players with situations that need to get used to.