Which TT Map do You Want?

OLD TT 110 32.26%
NEW TT 147 43.11%
BOTH 84 24.63%
Voters: 341. You may not vote on this poll

[OFFICIAL POLL] OLD TT Vs. NEW TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alpha Q23

Senior Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre4802 View Post
But if Riot puts the Old TT back in, people will play both and have longer queue times and the players playing the Old TT will get pissed off that Old TT doesn't recieve any support, and the New TT players will get pissed off becuase it takes longer to get into a game, and that there's a potentially smaller pool of players.

Look, I understand that people miss Old TT, but Riot can't go back.

New TT represents forward movement, evolution and progression. Reverting back to Old TT sends the message (or would certainly send the message to me) that Riot is perfectly fine with keeping onto old things just for the sake of keeping them.

That's not how any game design company should operate. It should always be looking for ways to improve, to rework, and putting back the Old TT would undermine all of that.

So, let's stop the polls and the "bring back old TT" threads. Riot won't do it, and there'll be a lot of broken hearts and bitterness, on both sides, that could've been averted if people had instead focused their energy on telling Riot how to make the New TT better, and not to bring back the old one.

So let's tell Riot how to make the New TT better.
I don't think you see the point that The old TT community basically left 3v3 altogether, There are still some from the old TT who stayed and enjoy the new map. I am one of the crowd who stopped playing TT cause this new map just isn't for me. So I have already been split like many others have.

These people who left played TT for a reason. They enjoyed that map, they liked the game play, and/or they just had a lot of fun on that map. Now there is a new different map that the only similarity is that there is two lanes, a jungle between the two lanes (that doesn't look similar at all.) and you still got to break the enemy nexus.

The Game style is completely different from the old TT. This is a map that is more in the direction of Dominion than SR. I'm glad you enjoy this new map. If you enjoy something than good. I won't be taking up arms to aid your or go against you.

I'm tired of throwing money at Riot for the ONE MAP that I wanted. I'm tired of waiting patiently for the old TT to come back. This new map is a slap to the face, Riot really messed up here. They tried to do what was right, but went about it all wrong. I think this situation is very similar to getting a new gold fish. If you open the bag and dump it in its new home, it could die from the different water temperatures. You got to put the bag in the water for a while to let it get warmed up/use to the new home. Then you can pour it in.

Difference is, riot just poured all of us in. A good chunk of the TT community died off or is still lingering around hoping for change. And if the old TT doesn't come back, or this new TT change to look more like the old TT then they will leave also.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alpha Q23

Senior Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FossaFerox View Post
Turrets and inhibs need more hp, altars need longer cap times, and death timers need to be tweaked (higher at low leveles, lower at high) but the new map is SOLID.

Vastly increased champ viability - ban Darius and you can make 90% of the champs work.
Non-random jungle - this was always a serious obstacle to actual competitive play.
Better version of Dragon - Old one was a joke considering it fills the same role as Baron nashor.
Better map flow - Awareness matters more and it's much harder to juke making bruisers less godly.

Downsides? Almost none past the tweaks I mentioned, which they've already spoken to. Not sure when Nome will change those, but things are seriously looking up.

Frankly, there is only ONE legitimate complaint about the new TT. They launched it during the final two weeks of the Season 2 close out. This ****ed teams pushing for rank for the end of the season. Had they held off until the pre-season and made the changes discovered in this "beta" (more hp on turrets, inhibs, longer cap times, tweaked death timers) the map would be just about perfect.

Old TT, while it will always have a place in my heart, is a joke compared to the new one.
Good, now understand that the two maps would not effect you in anyway. Unless just the Idea of you seeing the Old TT map on matchmaking makes you angry. So if that is the case, why do you have the right to be happy to see only Shadow Isles, while I can't be happy because I only care for the Old TT?

Honestly, if riot just got rid of the new TT map I could care less. But I understand that people like it so they should keep it. You want to know the ultimate whats not right about the new TT map is? IT IS NOT ****ING FUN! Why do you think the main reason people who enjoyed the old tt, DO NOT GIVE A ****ING FLYING RATS ASS ABOUT THIS NEW PIECE OF **** MAP? IT DOESN'T ****ING INTEREST THEM! AND IF IT DOES THEY WOULD WANT TO PLAY ON BOTH MAPS WHEN THEY FELT LIKE IT, NOT FOCUS ON THE NEW MAP! Yes I'm ****ing angry, THE ONLY Game mode I spent money on Riot for has gone away for this new piece of **** that is not fun or exciting in anyway. With this change, I hope Riot brings back the old TT or gives me my money back. I know they wont, so I have settled with uninstalling the game and watching the forum to see if they will give me a reason to reinstall. Only way that would happen is if Old TT came back to matchmaking.

Yes people would play both maps, *Ohh Gosh!* What a shocker, Que times might suffer they say, The "Community" will be split they say..... How many people play LoL? Enough for the que times to not be effected much. The community will be split? So umm... Are you so blind that you didn't notice that it already did? Old TT fans went bye bye, New TT fans showed up, to me that sounds like a split. Sure some old TT fans stayed, but most did not. If Old TT comes back, old tt fans would come back to old TT, New TT fans would stay on new TT.

Hmmmmmmm. Lets see here..... Hmmm, maybe we need to take another look at that point there since It seems alot of you new TT fans are slower. "Old TT fans went bye bye, New TT fans showed up, to me that sounds like a split. Sure some old TT fans stayed, but most did not. If Old TT comes back, old tt fans would come back to old TT, New TT fans would stay on new TT. " You see that? Yeah that was quoted from the last paragraph. So you should be seeing about now that the two 3v3 maps would not effect you in anyway. If Anything if you felt like playing on it you could, and since the old TT fans would be happy and content, Hell they might even be more grateful about the old TT. Between Matchathons on the old TT they might even give the new TT more of a testing and with a higher attitude since this new TT has no longer replaced the old TT.


Even though I voted for Old TT only, I don't care if they keep both maps. But if It had to be just one of them, I prefer the old TT.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alpha Q23

Senior Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre4802 View Post
Are you seriously suggesting Riot doesn't care about the playerbase?

Wow.

They aren't bringing the old map back, but not because they don't care. Because they know they won't support it or update it. Because bringing back old things that, in their opinion, needed a fix just for the novelty of having it again is fundamentally bad design.

And players will be happy for about a minute, having the old TT back. But I think Riot said that even if they did bring it back, it won't be supported.

People will want support for their map; Riot says no: "Riot won't support old TT they don't love us you suck Riot" threads pop up all over the place. Everyone's still angry.
We the old TT fans would not care much if its supported. ESPECIALLY now that they have seen what Riot does for support. They take one loved concept of a map, throw it in the trash. Then Which ever Riot Employee has eaten the most in the past week with out ****ting, goes over to the creation table and Pulls down His/her pants and takes the biggest stinking pile of **** ever in the Riot Office. Then the Creation team quickly draws sketches of it, puts it on the computer and attempts to improve its graphics, Adds a few things while still focusing more on improving its graphics. Then when some of the stink has wandered off, yet the majority of it still lingers, the stink that probably stinks the most, thats when they release it to the public in beta form.

You see, the old TT fans have seen what Riots idea of support is. It is them taking a giant **** and trying to smother it in all of our faces. They think if they try to cover our wounds with the stink it will make us happy. In reality it just made the old TT fans get an infection, and the only cure is to have less respect for Riot.

So Please Riot, Bring back the old TT map. And don't worry about supporting us or not. In fact, please do not support us. Go back to fixing the other maps while mainly focusing on SR.

Ohh btw, Riot can you flush the toilet? I mean, it really really stinks in here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MalakitheFallen

Junior Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q23 View Post
We the old TT fans would not care much if its supported. ESPECIALLY now that they have seen what Riot does for support. They take one loved concept of a map, throw it in the trash. Then Which ever Riot Employee has eaten the most in the past week with out ****ting, goes over to the creation table and Pulls down His/her pants and takes the biggest stinking pile of **** ever in the Riot Office. Then the Creation team quickly draws sketches of it, puts it on the computer and attempts to improve its graphics, Adds a few things while still focusing more on improving its graphics. Then when some of the stink has wandered off, yet the majority of it still lingers, the stink that probably stinks the most, thats when they release it to the public in beta form.

You see, the old TT fans have seen what Riots idea of support is. It is them taking a giant **** and trying to smother it in all of our faces. They think if they try to cover our wounds with the stink it will make us happy. In reality it just made the old TT fans get an infection, and the only cure is to have less respect for Riot.

So Please Riot, Bring back the old TT map. And don't worry about supporting us or not. In fact, please do not support us. Go back to fixing the other maps while mainly focusing on SR.

Ohh btw, Riot can you flush the toilet? I mean, it really really stinks in here.

Really dude? why do you cry so much? quit making fun of Riot and help them help you by telling them tweaks that can make the new TT fun. Learn to accept change and have fun or just keep your opinions to yourself. I am really sick and tired of people complaining and moaning. And Riot doesn't care huh? Seems to me you really need to get your head out of the sand and look around. They can't please everyone so they have to do their best. Remember...there are still people who like the new TT *this guy*. It's all I play. So quit bashing them and other people's views and learn to help riot help you by telling them nicey the changes they can make to make TT better..

Oh and go read the Summoner's Code again and learn from it. I actually Take it to heart and I think it is a good code to game by.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nykidemus

Senior Member

11-26-2012

You are totally welcome to like the Shadow Isles map.

I dont feel that your enjoyment should outweigh mine however.

Obviously they're believe that more people will be in your camp than mine. I wish to let them know that that is not the case.


This isnt a function of embrace change - this wasnt "change". It was removal of one thing, and introduction of another.

We HAD requested changes, and what they've given is not what we had asked for.

I'm glad that some people like SI. I finally managed to convince some of my 5s team to try it out with me, and that's been lovely - but I still miss Treeline. Scrapping an entire functional asset when it can only make your playerbase unhappy is a terrible decision. It's like if WoW had scrapped Arathi Basin and replaced it with Eye of the Storm. Sure they share some similarities, but they are NOT the same map, and if you already have the asset complete, it costs you nothing to keep it there.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goggris

Senior Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q23 View Post
The old TT community basically left 3v3 altogether,

......

A good chunk of the TT community died off or is still lingering around hoping for change. And if the old TT doesn't come back, or this new TT change to look more like the old TT then they will leave also.
Back these statements up with facts/source. This is your speculation. I played with a *lot* of people that mostly played Old TT compared to SR. I can't think of one that stopped playing because the map rework.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MalakitheFallen

Junior Member

11-26-2012

I agree with how you view but that rant was more directed to the people who want to call Riot uncaring money hungry fools rather than you. I do agree that if enough players decide they want it they should keep it, even if it is unsupported. But when there are people going off because of it rather than trying to do it the right way *Points three posts above* That is more what that was directed to, Nykidemus.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alpha Q23

Senior Member

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakitheFallen View Post
Really dude? why do you cry so much? quit making fun of Riot and help them help you by telling them tweaks that can make the new TT fun. Learn to accept change and have fun or just keep your opinions to yourself. I am really sick and tired of people complaining and moaning. And Riot doesn't care huh? Seems to me you really need to get your head out of the sand and look around. They can't please everyone so they have to do their best. Remember...there are still people who like the new TT *this guy*. It's all I play. So quit bashing them and other people's views and learn to help riot help you by telling them nicey the changes they can make to make TT better..

Oh and go read the Summoner's Code again and learn from it. I actually Take it to heart and I think it is a good code to game by.
You are wrong, they can please everyone, its called having both maps.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alpha Q23

Senior Member

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggris View Post
Back these statements up with facts/source. This is your speculation. I played with a *lot* of people that mostly played Old TT compared to SR. I can't think of one that stopped playing because the map rework.
here let me go to a little section in my statement...


'A good chunk of the TT community died off or is still lingering around hoping for change. And if the old TT doesn't come back, or this new TT change to look more like the old TT then they will leave also."

Now I'm not sure if you are able to read very well or if you just have a very selective reading. Take a look at the little phrase in there that is bold. How does that mean Every old TT player? A good chunk of them means a good chunk. The controllers of words didn't suddenly get together and say "From now on when ever someone says "a good chunk" it means Every or all."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

Senior Member

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiGHTS Noob View Post
You know, here's the biggest problem. At the end of the day, I can go back and play Super Mario Bros. or Super Mario World, or 64, I'm not forced to play the newest incarnations of NSMB and Galaxy. I can go to an old school server on TF2 and play with all the classic class loadouts, post patches yes, but old school weapons and maps. I can open up Starcraft 2 and play a custom game on a map that was in rotation last season, or the season before that. I can still go back and play King of Fighters '98, or 2003, I'm not forced to play XIII.

So why is it that I can't at least fire up a custom game of the Old TT, even if it's pulled out of ranked play? Summoner's Rift has only had incremental upgrades and a graphic change, but TT is a complete overhaul, you should at least preserve the old one for posterity if nothing else. Although I still think it should be kept because some people still actively want to play on it over any other map.
At the end of the day, you own all of the games you mentioned. You went to the store and purchased boxes of content, or purchased and downloaded a copy of the game through Steam.

You don't own League of Legends. You accept a license agreement and Riot lets you play their game. You pay for access to champions and skins, but not ownership in the game.

While I'm not against the idea of adding TT to the list of custom games, there's probably a legitimate reason as to why they are not doing so. If I was in their position, I'd want you to play the new map and identify everything that you hate about it. I'd want you to give constructive and thoughtful feedback on how it can be a better map. If I make the old TT available to you in Custom Games, well, that's all you're going to do. You won't give the new map the attention it deserves, or the opportunity for it to represent something you will enjoy playing... because change is terrifying.

Just my .02