Why do people hate junglers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dehunter456

11-18-2012

I'm a level 25 and this is just a little question.

When I'm playing Nocturne jungle, as I call "Jungle" at champion select, lots of people are like "NO JUNGLE" or "YOU JUNGLE, I FEED". Why is that?

BawksUvAydes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Because a lot of the community members are jerks.

But in all seriousness, jungling before level 30 is generally inefficient. It's better after level 20, but still not 100% usefulness until 30. You're missing mastery points and runes, so you'll either be jungling slower or more dangerously (either missing out on damage or armor). If you're jungling slow, you're probably better off in a lane because you'll fall behind. If you're jungling at low hp, you're at risk of dying from invasions or not being able to gank from being too low hp. In general, it doesn't make a huuuge difference, it's just people overreacting. But jungling pre-30 is certainly not optimal, and will likely take a huge hit in viability when season 3 hits and the jungle becomes tough again like it was in season 1.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Because a pre-30 2v1 lane is alot more dangerous then post-30, in addition to the reason posted above.

BawksUvAydes

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
Because a pre-30 2v1 lane is alot more dangerous then post-30, in addition to the reason posted above.
This is true as well. When player skill is not too high, numbers make a bigger difference.

jlmoss

11-18-2012

I've been trying to mitigate this by staying in top lane until level 3 or 4 until I become better able to kill monsters in jungle. It gives me the ability to see if top lane will be able to hold top lane solo against 2.

Then I move off so top lane can get good xp and I can get some good xp + help gank.

Only level 11 at the moment, but I find this strategy works well. It allows me to practice jungling/ganking much more so I learn it before I get into ranked matches at level 30.

Sereg Anfaug

11-18-2012

Please don't start ranked matches at level 30. You will drop ELO, and drag alot of people down with you.

I highly recommend at least 5 champions for every role, with more then that in your preferred roles, and at least one rune page per role. Also, alot of experience with level 30 draft normals. Currently I have over 1000 unranked games played, and I'm still not entirely comfortable going back to ranked, after my initial drop to 750 ELO after my own poor decision to start ranked at 30.

Tortio

11-18-2012

Because if the other team does not have a jungle, your top lane will have to 1v2 a lane and low levels aren't used to that

Calimaestro

11-18-2012

Also it's a position that some people can't fill well and people basically blame them for the whole damn game if lost.

Míley Dyrus

11-19-2012

Because top lane doesn't understand that if they build GP10s on a good sustain champion and farm under turret, they'll outlevel their enemies all game.
Don't mention enemies freezing lane either- no pre-30 group of dual tops can freeze a lane well.

CowMeat

11-19-2012

Tortio and MisterTangerine answered this one!

I point to add, some champs can jungle at low levels with cloth armor and five red pots. This is especially true for level 20-29 summoners. Udyr and Lee Sin take little damage in the jungle if done correctly.