Yorick: Need Tips on Use of His Ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheGrayBuffoon

11-16-2012

I just bought him yesterday and find him fun to play. I understand his Q, W, and E but still trying to figure out when to utilize his ult and to get better with it. Anticipating the timing of its usage is where I am failing. Either I'll use it on a fellow teammate but he doesn't die or I just miss using it in the time needed.

Would appreciate any tips. Thanks.

jmgr4y

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

When fighting 1v1. As soon as they start to gain the advantage on you use your ult, that effectively makes it 2v1.

When team fighting put it on your ad carry for the extra damage and if the enemy team is smart they'll be wanting to focus down your adc first anyway. Any time not spent focusing your carry is good time, especially if they're dumb enough to focus you.

TheGrayBuffoon

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgr4y View Post
When fighting 1v1. As soon as they start to gain the advantage on you use your ult, that effectively makes it 2v1.

When team fighting put it on your ad carry for the extra damage and if the enemy team is smart they'll be wanting to focus down your adc first anyway. Any time not spent focusing your carry is good time, especially if they're dumb enough to focus you.
Thank you. Much appreciated.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Basically you want to clone your strongest AUTOATTACK damage dealer in most circumstances. A cloned Tristana for example deals a LOT of extra damage even if the trist doesnt die. Make sure your clone is autoattacking, so be sure to use R to control them, tell em to attack someone, then R back to you. Its nice having the trist insurance policy too.

Now say you have an Urgot ADC. Or Ez/corki to some extent. This is a bit more tricky because a cloned Ez with triforce doesn't really do much damage as a clone since he has no skills!
They still benefit from the life insurance policy but you might consider cloning your Irelia who jumped in to attack their carry. With a wits end and better attack speed, shes more likely to die and deal more damage since shes already in the fight. You wont need to control the clone.

If your AP gets initiated on, maybe cloning him is a good idea. When he dies he will rise and be able to unleash his spells that maybe he didnt get a chance to earlier. Experience will teach you who to clone.

Great Pyrenees

11-19-2012

His ult is why Yoirk can counter any top lane. Depending on level of feed I clone myself or jungle when 1v1, in team fights I clone the most fed memeber of the team.

TheGrayBuffoon

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pyrenees View Post
His ult is why Yoirk can counter any top lane. Depending on level of feed I clone myself or jungle when 1v1, in team fights I clone the most fed member of the team.
I am going to hijack my own thread a bit.

What about champs like Irelia, Talon, Olaf, and Jax? Would not these champs give Yorick fits with their poking and burst damage? Would one not have to play more passive near own tower and farm during laning phase?

Thanks ahead of time for your advice.

Great Pyrenees

11-19-2012

Well honestly it depends on the skill of the player and the skill of the team. There is NO absolutly unbeatable team, team comp or individual champion. After say 5 games against every top you will learn the tricks. The satisfying thing happens when you know you are out matched but you wait your time perfect and beat them. Even the best players make mistakes and get careless. Irelia is not a good counter to yorik because she has been hit with about 12 nerfs in the last 12 months. Talon .. buy armor and stack it, he becomes instantly lost. Olaf is simple, avoid every axe throw then harras him, if he goes for sustain instead of true damage he will not be able to out last your harass. Jax has a very simple combo the trick is, never let him land it even once, pre lvl 6 jax is a cupcake to kill, from 6-12 make sure you ahead of him and hope for a mistake.