Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot Reinboom/Shop Devs: API for RecItems now? :O

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raisu

11-22-2012

Quote:
Wriggle:
So if your map is 3 (proving grounds), is the mode the tutorial or aram?

Its "ARAM", I was taking a look at how the recommended items is stored once you're in-game to see if it was possible to change your recommended items mid-game.

I've removed the items that were in the json text.
Quote:

{
"champion":"Heimerdinger",
"title":"HeimerdingerPG",
"type":"riot",
"map":"3",
"mode":"ARAM",
"priority":false,
"blocks":[
{
"type":"starting",
"items":[]
},
{
"type":"essential",
},
{
"type":"offensive",
},
{
"type":"Consumables",
}
]
}

Rhaban

11-23-2012

I'm finished with my new version. What is the ETA of the patch? I'm eager to test it out.

Rhaban

11-23-2012

Here is a screenshot (http://i50.tinypic.com/2qi2v85.png)from the beta. Everything is "what you see is what you get". You can drag and drop anything you want, rename categories and change item numbers just by writing directly into the elements. You can move categories around and copy the whole set from one map to the other and much more ...

Best Mayo NA

11-23-2012

Quote:
Rhaban:
Here is a screenshot (http://i50.tinypic.com/2qi2v85.png)from the beta. Everything is "what you see is what you get". You can drag and drop anything you want, rename categories and change item numbers just by writing directly into the elements. You can move categories around and copy the whole set from one map to the other and much more ...

That looks excellent. I'd very much like to try it, if the beta is open for us to try.

Also, I love the renaming of categories.

Rhaban

11-24-2012

Well, wouldn't be of much use yet because I haven't updated the data for the items. I don't want to do all that stuff yet because it is not certain that the items will go live as they are on PBR. I'm ready though to release it within one or two hours after the patch has gone live. In the meantime I can probably improve some other minor things in the code.

Wriggle

Adjudicator

11-24-2012

Quote:
Raisu:
Its "ARAM"
Ah, but map 3 is also the PG tutorial-map, which needs its own custom items (the tutorial tells you to buy a Thornmail from your recommended items, for Ashe).

FrostFyr

11-27-2012

Hey, just going to post a couple of things here.

1. Why would anyone want 3 catalyst's? @reinboom's examples.
2. When I use the recommended below, I load into game and it shows all the items as purchased with the little tick.

Quote:
{"champion":"Nasus","title":"FF-Reco","type":"custom","map":"any","mode":"any","priority":true,"blocks":[{"type":"Starter $*^&","items":[{"id":"1001","count":"1"},{"id":"3010","count":"3"}]},{"type":"Core","items":[{"id":"3001","count":"1"},{"id":"3089","count":"1"}]},{"type":"KILL!!","items":[{"id":"3100","count":"1"},{"id":"3128","count":"1"},{"id":"3135","count":"1"}]},{"type":"Wuss","items":[{"id":"3140","count":"1"},{"id":"3157","count":"1"}]}]}

*I edited the "type" names from how I had it it had some vulgarity.

P.S: I used Reinboom's example but rewrote it via php for anyone wondering.

Riot Reinboom

Software Engineer

11-27-2012

Quote:
FrostFyr:
Hey, just going to post a couple of things here.

1. Why would anyone want 3 catalyst's? @reinboom's examples.
2. When I use the recommended below, I load into game and it shows all the items as purchased with the little tick.

*I edited the "type" names from how I had it it had some vulgarity.

P.S: I used Reinboom's example but rewrote it via php for anyone wondering.

The catalyst was just me testing.

On your use case, you placed the counts as strings. They need to be numbers.

FrostFyr

11-27-2012

Thank you so much, haha, i had the same problem with the priority bool.

Rhaban

11-28-2012

Unless you want this to be a training exercise I suggest Json.net (http://james.newtonking.com/projects/json-net.aspx). No reason to torture yourself needlessly.