Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot Reinboom/Shop Devs: API for RecItems now? :O

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raisu

11-21-2012

Now all we need on the tail-end of this is an Build Creator in the PVP.NET Lobby that can import and export builds (optionally including / excluding masteries and runes)

Love it.

Wriggle

Adjudicator

11-21-2012

Jsilvermist: Try like this:
[code]"_note":"Boots of Speed"[/code]
Not:
[code]"_note":Boots of Speed[/code]
I can't say it'll work (queue, again), but with most programming languages, only numbers as numbers (not IDs) and certain other things get to avoid having the quotes. Plain text almost always needs "quotes" around it.

It may be possible that it only supports having the id and count, depending on how its coded.

Riot Reinboom

Software Engineer

11-21-2012

You may have arbitrary fields in it, as long as you make them distinct enough to not collide with future API additions.
Underscores are great.

Wriggle

Adjudicator

11-21-2012

[code]{"id":"1001","count":1,"Riot Reinboom probably broke this":true}[/code]

I'm actually a lot more bothered than I should be by the gold border misaligning recommended items (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2808891&page=4#post31615702), please tell me that's getting fixed before launch :P It increases the size of the "recommended item", pushing the rest of the row to the right, which also makes me a little concerned about what might happen when you make the items-per-row fill the width box and then you start buying up items one by one pushing them further and further to the right.

Rhaban

11-21-2012

Hmm, that was kind of easy. Got everything working as a prototype. However, since the patch isn't yet out and the API is still considered "work in progress" I will obviously wait until we can be certain on how it works. In the meantime I can keep working on my autoupdater that is driving me crazy.

Best Mayo NA

11-21-2012

Quote:
Wriggle:
I already contacted Enigma (http://enigmablade.net/lol-item-changer/) and he's working on an update for his Item Changer. Might not be out before the patch goes live, but he was looking at getting a beta out this week.

By the way, Reinboom: The gold border upon completion causes items to misalign. See attachment.

Oh my! I would love if Enigma finished up some form of Beta for the new shop soon.

I love the new shop, but it can feel kinda tedious to search through sometimes, so I really like recommended item changers (especially Enigma's).

Would you mind posting a separate thread about the beta version of his item changer if he finishes anytime soon, Wriggle?

Jsilvermist

11-21-2012

Quote:
Wriggle:
Jsilvermist: Try like this:
[code]"_note":"Boots of Speed"[/code]
Not:
[code]"_note":Boots of Speed[/code]
I can't say it'll work (queue, again), but with most programming languages, only numbers as numbers (not IDs) and certain other things get to avoid having the quotes. Plain text almost always needs "quotes" around it.

It may be possible that it only supports having the id and count, depending on how its coded.

Thanks =D When I read the code at first I was thinking of it being like : as the start, and , as the end, thanks for fixing my mistake =D Works great now lol

MrQuackers

Recruiter

11-21-2012

Is there a limit to the number of items you can have?
Also, I finished updating my recommended item changer.
Here's the link. The link will change once this goes live since I won't be needing the old one anymore. (http://shurima.net/tools/newrecommended)

Sample

Quote:
{"champion":"Gragas","title":"default","type":"shurima","map":"any","mode":"CLASSIC","priority":true,"blocks":[{"type":"starting","items":[{"id":"1001","count":1,"_name":"Boots of Speed"}]},{"type":"essential","items":[{"id":"3174","count":1,"_name":"Athene's Unholy Grail"},{"id":"3128","count":1,"_name":"Deathfire Grasp"}]},{"type":"offensive","items":[{"id":"3100","count":1,"_name":"Lich Bane"},{"id":"3041","count":1,"_name":"Mejai's Soulstealer"},{"id":"3089","count":1,"_name":"Rabadon's Deathcap"}]},{"type":"defensive","items":[{"id":"3109","count":1,"_name":"Force of Nature"},{"id":"3110","count":1,"_name":"Frozen Heart"},{"id":"3026","count":1,"_name":"Guardian Angel"}]}]}

Riot Reinboom

Software Engineer

11-21-2012

With the current PBE build, you should notice a number of improvements for the custom recommended items. Some include:
* Ignores wrong map, wrong mode, and bad id items.
* Pastes 8 wide (iirc) instead of 4 wide on grid view.
* Has a different file location! %INSTALLDIR%\Config\Champions\%CHAMPID%\Recommended\*.json

This is likely the location we'll ship with (hint hint).

Enjoy.

Quote:
MrQuackers:
Is there a limit to the number of items you can have?

Depends on how much memory your computer has.

Wriggle

Adjudicator

11-21-2012

Quote:
Riot Reinboom:
* Has a different file location! %INSTALLDIR%\Config\Champions\%CHAMPID%\Recommended\*.json
But but but my clean and pristine Config folder..

have I said you're awesome yet? because you are