Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot Reinboom/Shop Devs: API for RecItems now? :O

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wriggle

Adjudicator

11-20-2012

Quote:
Rhaban:
We all might be much more productive if we could agree on a common file format for item and champion data. Anyone interested in this? That would free up considerable time in all our schedules I guess.
Search using RAFManager for "items.json", it's been included in the game files lately. Now, if only Characters/Champions/Heroes/etc.json was included too..

Riot Reinboom

Software Engineer

11-20-2012

Quote:
Wriggle:
Search using RAFManager for "items.json", it's been included in the game files lately. Now, if only Characters/Champions/Heroes/etc.json was included too..

That file is a part of the new itemshop. Bits and pieces have been released steadily.

Rhaban

11-20-2012

Oh, quick question. Has Wukong been "fixed" in the new API? Would be the perfect opportunity to leave the "MonkeyKing" business behind. Every other champion API id can be derived with a simple Regex.Replace(championname.ToLower(), "[^a-zA-Z0-9]", string.Empty).

Rhaban

11-20-2012

Quote:
Wriggle:

Well, I had everything running smooth as silk by fully automatically updating from the official Riot homepage itself. Sadly that was not a viable strategy because the website is usually out of date.

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

11-20-2012

Quote:
Rhaban:
Oh, quick question. Has Wukong been "fixed" in the new API? Would be the perfect opportunity to leave the "MonkeyKing" business behind. Every other champion API id can be derived with a simple Regex.Replace(championname.ToLower(), "[^a-zA-Z0-9]", string.Empty).

No, Wukong's folder is still MonkeyKing.

We may explore changing this in the future (but not right now).

Riyshn

11-20-2012

'k. So I've got

League of Legends Public Beta\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0.0.0.218\deploy\DATA\Characters\Tryndamere\Recommended\items.json

and the items.json file has

Quote:
{
"champion":"Tryndamere",
"title":"Tryndamere",
"type":"custom",
"map":"any",
"mode":"any",
"priority":true,
"blocks":[
{
"type":"Items",
"items":[
{
"id":"3111",
"count":1
},
{
"id":"2003",
"count":3
},
{
"id":"3046",
},
{
"id":"3087",
},
{
"id":"3031",
},
{
"id":"3072",
},
{
"id":"3074",
}
]
}
]
}
(and how do you guys do the code blocks? I can't figure out the BBC for it)

And nothing changes. I'm sure I'm missing something stupid here, anyone see it? (And are there any other champions with different names like Wukong = MonkeyKing? I couldn't get KogMaw to work either.)

Jsilvermist

11-20-2012

Quote:
Riot Reinboom:

%LOLINSTALLDIR%\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\%THEMOSTRECENT%\deploy\DATA\Characters\%CHAMPIONID%\Recommended

%LOLINSTALLDIR% is wherever your PBE install is
%THEMOSTRECENT% is the most recent patch number
%CHAMPIONID% is the game folder ID for a champion. Such as Ahri or DrMundo

This location isn't always made for you. Go ahead and create the Characters, the ID, and the Recommended folders as necessary.

What exactly is %CHAMPIONID% referring to? Is this just the name of the champion exactly as it appears in the RAF archive?

Toaru Baka

11-20-2012

Hey guys, no one has heard of me, but I'm putting together a prototype item changer for season 3. I'll link it here and on reddit after the holidays! I'm really excited to do this, so I'm going to put effort into making it look good!

Wriggle

Adjudicator

11-20-2012

Just gonna put this here I guess since it's checked the most often. If you buy something from the right pane when you have your recommended items scrolled down, it scrolls all the way to the top.

For example, I have Spirit of the Elder Lizard in my recommended items in block 6, so I have to scroll down a bit to get to it. I purchase Faerie Charm from the recipe on the right pane, and the left pane (Recommended Items) is instantly set to the top of the pane. Kind of annoying, since I have my build down there in the sixth block.

Jsilvermist

11-21-2012

Hmm... tried everything I could think of for a Code tag but nothing worked, so I'll assume that it's just not enabled for normal users...

Well I tried adding notes to each one, to show what item it was, but the end result in all attempts was simply an empty Recommended Items in game.

My original attempt was something like this:

Quote:
Can't Use Code Tags =(]
{
"
:

},
{
"type":"essential",
{"id":"3020","count":1,"_note":Sorcerer's Shoes},
{"id":"3136","count":1,"_note":Haunting Guise},
{"id":"3001","count":1,"_note":Abyssal Scepter},
{"id":"3089","count":1,"_note":Rabadon's Deathcap}
]
},
{
"type":"offensive",
{"id":"3146","count":1,"_note":Hextech Gunblade},
{"id":"3100","count":1,"_note":Lich Bane},
{"id":"3128","count":1,"_note":Deathfire Grasp},
{"id":"3135","count":1,"_note":Void Staff}
]
},
{
"type":"defensive",
{"id":"3259","count":1,"_note":Sorcerer's Shoes Alacrity},
{"id":"3116","count":1,"_note":Rylai's Crystal Scepter},
{"id":"3026","count":1,"_note":Guardian Angel},
{"id":"3157","count":1,"_note":Zhonya's Hourglass}
]
}
]
}

Though this wouldn't work, simply removing my notes fixed it however.

What did work perfectly was:

Quote:
Can't Use Code Tags =(]
{
"
:

},
{
"type":"essential",
{"id":"3020","count":1},
{"id":"3136","count":1},
{"id":"3001","count":1},
{"id":"3089","count":1}
]
},
{
"type":"offensive",
{"id":"3146","count":1},
{"id":"3100","count":1},
{"id":"3128","count":1},
{"id":"3135","count":1}
]
},
{
"type":"defensive",
{"id":"3259","count":1},
{"id":"3116","count":1},
{"id":"3026","count":1},
{"id":"3157","count":1}
]
}
]
}

Does anyone know if there would be another way to add item names? Or could one possibly be added?

Thanks