Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot Reinboom/Shop Devs: API for RecItems now? :O

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EdgarAlanPWN88

11-19-2012

Thank you Wriggle for posting so much!

Thank you so much Riot Reinboom! I loved your remake of the shop before you were a Rioter, (over two year ago), and this is an awesome system!

Now we just need to find someone to make a nice little program to do all of this with slick visuals!

Wriggle

Adjudicator

11-19-2012

I already contacted Enigma (http://enigmablade.net/lol-item-changer/) and he's working on an update for his Item Changer. Might not be out before the patch goes live, but he was looking at getting a beta out this week.

By the way, Reinboom: The gold border upon completion causes items to misalign. See attachment.

boourns

UI Designer

11-19-2012

Quote:
EdgarAlanPWN88:
Thank you Wriggle for posting so much!

Thank you so much Riot Reinboom! I loved your remake of the shop before you were a Rioter, (over two year ago), and this is an awesome system!

Now we just need to find someone to make a nice little program to do all of this with slick visuals!

We liked her shop remake too, enough to hire her.

Riyshn

11-19-2012

Quote:
{
"id":"3010",
"count":3
}

You seem to be telling Ahri to build 3 Catalysts there...

Also, is there a way to put comments in to help identify the item codes without screwing it up?

Isysar

11-19-2012

O.o

This is awesome! I've really wanted to do this for the champions I play. Thank you so much for sharing this information. <nerdgasm>

Wriggle

Adjudicator

11-19-2012

Quote:
Riyshn:
You seem to be telling Ahri to build 3 Catalysts there...

Also, is there a way to put comments in to help identify the item codes without screwing it up?
Might just be able to do:
[code]{
"_comment":"some words",
"_comment2":"some more words",
"id":"3000",
"count":3
}[/code]If the JSON interpreter works properly then it should just ignore the entries that aren't "id" or "count".

LigerZeroXX

11-19-2012

Thanks a lot riot, now i have to make my own item changer, for my own convenience, and to do that i have learn python. Sheesh you people, can't you make these things easier for us?

I have no idea what i am doing

Wriggle

Adjudicator

11-19-2012

You could just wait a week or two for the guys who do know what they're doing to release their updates.

EdgarAlanPWN88

11-19-2012

Quote:
Wriggle:
You could just wait a week or two for the guys who do know what they're doing to release their updates.

BUT! BUT! It would only take me 3 weeks to do it myself and make a total hash out of it!

Darn you and your logical thinking....

Rhaban

11-20-2012

Hello there. I'm the author of LoLStudio (http://lolstudio.gamereference.org). You might not have heard of me or my software because I play on EUW and we all know this to be the forbidden and cursed land where no red dare walk the scorched earth. Anyway, I'm working on the update for the upcoming GUI change. My question is simple. We all might be much more productive if we could agree on a common file format for item and champion data. Anyone interested in this? That would free up considerable time in all our schedules I guess.

I'm currently scrapping (with my own tool) the official Riot homepage and the Wiki for all my data and it works just fine but is still a hassle. Now, I don't mind the work but I think other coders should be able to benefit from it and vice versa. Even better if Riot could provide us with an easy way to retrieve this data directly from the installed client. I have processed and parsed the language translation files in the past but the data is limited and can't be properly linked. Unpacking the data files is also not worth it I think unless someone can show me a way to do it fast, reliable and without wasting drive space.