Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot Reinboom/Shop Devs: API for RecItems now? :O

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

profGnardian

12-05-2012

Quote:
Rhaban:
Ok, LoLStudio2 v2.3.0.1 (http://lolstudio.gamereference.org) is released and the website has been updated. I only tested it in two matches because it's 04:00 AM here and I should go to bed. Luckily I have a free day tomorrow... err... today so I can test it out thoroughly. Let me know if something is wrong or doesn't work.

Big thank you @ Riot Reinboom who was very helpful here in the forum and didn't forget about people like us who like to customize their games and experience. Riot could have easily decided to ignore the custom item API for a few updates and prioritize other aspects. And more importantly, the API just works. I had to adjust absolutely nothing from untested Alpha to Beta. Trust me, that's rare.

Edit: Better safe than sorry. Here is a direct download mirror (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/temp/LoLStudio2-2.3.0.1.zip), should my site crash under the heavy load.

This works wonderfully. Thank you very much.

Rhaban

12-05-2012

Quote:
JordiPrice:
Rhaban,
I was trying to get your program to work, but I'm a complete noob at this.
Whenever I check ''Deploy'' and hit ''Save'' after, nothing happens.
I think my League of Legends Directory is correct. ''C:\Program Files\League of Legends''
Hope I'm not a complete waste of time for you. ^^

That should work fine. Could you please go to the folder "C:\Program Files\League of Legends\Config\Champions\MYCHAMPION\Recommended" and tell me what files you see?

Rhaban

12-05-2012

Small but fun update. While using LoLStudio I just thought: “Hey, wouldn’t it be nice to copy my sets to other champions because I’m lazy and hate work?”. So here is is:

V2.3.0.2 Nami
- Added the option to copy item sets to any other champion instead of only between modes
- Item set grid now has 7 items per row just like the item shop in the game
- Rearranged the item loading code so items won't be rejected by minor inconsistencies

Riyshn

12-05-2012

Quote:
Riot Reinboom:
* Ignores wrong map, wrong mode, and bad id items.
* Pastes 8 wide (iirc) instead of 4 wide on grid view.

7? (I don't know how many it is, just going off that.)

And according to that first bullet point, I would think that Lord van Damm's Pillager and Heart of Gold would just not appear, but you're saying they completely break it? Just checking, but is that unique to your program here or does it do that if you put them in manually too? 'cause that seems like something that should be fixed if Riot plans to ever remove items again in the future.

Rhaban

12-05-2012

V2.3.0.3 Nami
- Changed displayed amount of gold for items in tool tips to their full cost, not the upgrade cost
- Fixed custom tags and filtering. I simply broke it in the last update and now it's fixed
- In the settings page the icon size for items and champions was swapped. Not anymore
- I have disabled the image resizing in the item set grid because it looked ugly
- No data changes

Rhaban

12-05-2012

Quote:
Riyshn:

In my game it's 7. I've had 8 because this was suggested by Reinboom but it isn't true. I've changed my resolution from 1080p down to much lower screen resolutions and it was always 7. I have to check if GUI size affects it somehow.

Quote:
Riyshn:
I would think that Lord van Damm's Pillager and Heart of Gold would just not appear, but you're saying they completely break it? Just checking, but is that unique to your program here or does it do that if you put them in manually too? 'cause that seems like something that should be fixed if Riot plans to ever remove items again in the future.

Well no, it has nothing to do with my tool. If I use the item codes of them (3132 and 3200) all recommended items vanish.

Edit: Yeah, it's always 7. GUI size doesn't matter. About the pillager item. It is special because the item exists but according to the patch notes it has been disabled. Maybe it exists and doesn't exist at the same time, like some famous cat. I don't know.

LigerZeroXX

12-05-2012

thx reinboom

Rhaban

12-07-2012

V2.3.0.4 Nami
- Version number in the title is now updated automatically and won't remain on an old version
- The "liked" custom tag now works again. I broke that thing in the last update.
- Sorting bars in the champion and item tab are now aligning correctly while resizing the window
- The statistics table in the champion portrait will now show level 18 and the formula is now correct

chinadude1

12-07-2012

@Rhaban
looks like a really great tool, i'm trying it right now
2 things that i think you should add or change..
1. When you pick items for a certain map, only the available items on that map will be shown
i mean that if you pick items specifically for SR then you wont see the dominion/TT items
no idea what happens if you choose a TT item for SR... you tell me :P
2. when you save / deploy your champion build, some indication that the data was saved would be nice.
maybe add a status bar, or a rectangle under the save button that turns green if the data is saved and updated... dont know

Rhaban

12-08-2012

Hello chinadude1. Yes, I'm aware that this is an issue or rather an inconvenience. The two big missing features are the one you just mentioned (the filtering of items depending on the map) and the display of the Riot default recommendations. Sadly, this has nothing to do with programming because I actually have these features already in the tool but they are currently hidden. The problem is, that I haven't yet found a way to get this information automatically and trust me, I will certainly not generate the data for 107 champions one by one with my own hands. If I find a way to generate this data, then everything is ready. I just need to push a button and all will be updated through the launcher.

Your second suggestion is fair though. I'll look what I can do.