How can we get more people to play Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xRaasu

11-20-2012

Bump

Clarste

11-21-2012

Honestly, I think Dominion would be way more popular if more people simply knew what it was and how it worked. The idea of skipping the laning phase and jumping straight into teamfights just in principle seems like something a huge number of players would like. It's just more intuitive to a new player than stuff like last-hitting minions which is absolutely central to SR. It just needs to be advertised more, and advertised better.

Stark Midnight

11-21-2012

I know Angry Joe promoted Dominion back in September. He's the reason i started playing league of legends. However it was just one time review thing.

Ryun Arnada

11-21-2012

Really the only way to get dominion to grow is to go big on the Cash Dominate Dominion tournament.

First thing is you have to have a decent enough cash pool to get people talking and excited about it. It doesn't have to be a huge amount like a million or anything but if you had first prize of 1 grand people who don't even play dominion would be intrigued by that.

To generate the cash pool you will have to call upon everyone who likes dominion and want to see it grow. You don't have to ask for much but even if everyone who supports dominion donates even just a dollar the money starts to add up.

Second you have to start advertizing for it months in advanced so people who don't normally play can have enough time to get a team and some practice in to be ready for the tournament. Talk to Riot. Get the word out constantly putting post in the different forums and getting riot to display the info for the tournament on the front page of the site.

edit: wow i got really into that at the end didnt i lol
Next you have to get a big co caster like Phreak or someone to go along side Gandair and/or Chobra to draw in a bigger crowd. just hearing a name like that along side dominion will bet people talking. Plus maybe in the process a main SR caster will learn more about dominion and how it really works and be tempted to cast more for it. Them gaining knowledge is key.

Your gonna have to also make it a big event. Bring back the Riot vs Pros pregame. I know that watching that pregame was one of the most fun things I had seen and I'm sure I'm not alone with that. Maybe even try to get some famous SR players or streamers together for pregames if there not in the tournament. You have to show the big name players and streamers that there is fun plus a lot of good healthy competition to be had in this game mode. Maybe it will persuade them to start playing it occasionally or even stream it sometimes. Any publicity whether large or small will help immensely.

The other thing is your gonna have to make the stream educational. As I said knowledge is key and most SR player don't know much of anything about the game mode. Have a question and answer segment between games and clear the air on some of the wrong ideas people have about the game mode. Maybe even get some interviews in between matches with various people from Riot employees like Riot Rival and Nome to even some interviews with some big gamers like Skarra or Elementz anyone big in the SR scene. Even if part of the conversation isn't just about dominion and is about them and what they do and about SR as long as the interview eventually talks about dominon and getting their views or misconceptions about it and talking it out its a success. Even get some interviews with the big players in the tournament like Sauron or InFe ed anyone of the big names just to keep the talk about Dominon going.

Now i know most of this sounds unrealistic or even impossible but the only way to get the community to grow without ranked is to go big or go home. You have to try your hardest to make big events like this a reality. Without going all out and not half assing it the dominion community will eventually become stagnant and never grow. Its gonna take dedicated Dominioners putting time and effort in to make dominion in to what we all know it is capable of. We can't leave our fate in the hands of Riot alone. We have to take hold of it ourselves and show the league we are here and we will grow!!

wow i got really into that end the end didnt i lol