We need a TANK!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golden Zero

11-16-2012

Seriously, the last 14 new champions are not tanks. We have melee and ranged dps, mage, support, fighter, but no tanks!
I don't know what kind of tank will be fun though. Maybe something that can switch armors/shields to have different effects?

What do you think?

xPillow

11-16-2012

Switch armors/Shields sounds like Udyr since he switches stances. But I agree... But if you read the updates, Riot talks about how in season 3 there will be much more Supports champs. So wouldn't hope for a tank. Who know's maybe tanky/support?

IdleGod

11-16-2012

I agree they should have a season of all fan made champs. but I'm not talking op fan champs I'm thinking fair champs that make a balanced party 1 of each category.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2804483
My tank/support champ idea that needs a lot of work

Alucard Vanguard

11-16-2012

Are you talking about support tanks or top tanks? Because, we have had MULTIPLE top tanks in the last 15 champions and I really don't think we need another top laner for awhile. We rather need supports or another viable ADC or 2. Tank support however, I can see being much more difficult for riot. There is only so many things that can be used for support, CC, heals, shields, auras etc and its a bit difficult to come up with original ideas for supports with not very much to work with. I think the next tank should be a more passive support since the recent(ish) supports are more aggressive, like Lulu or Leona. After all there are only a few passive supports, like soraka, taric(maybe) or janna.

Golden Zero

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard Vanguard View Post
Are you talking about support tanks or top tanks? Because, we have had MULTIPLE top tanks in the last 15 champions and I really don't think we need another top laner for awhile. We rather need supports or another viable ADC or 2. Tank support however, I can see being much more difficult for riot. There is only so many things that can be used for support, CC, heals, shields, auras etc and its a bit difficult to come up with original ideas for supports with not very much to work with. I think the next tank should be a more passive support since the recent(ish) supports are more aggressive, like Lulu or Leona. After all there are only a few passive supports, like soraka, taric(maybe) or janna.
I'm talking about tanky tanky tanks. You know, like Dr. Mundo, Cho'Gath... Tanky and yet able to protect their squishy allies. The last tank that we have is Nautilus.

dragonarrow7

11-16-2012

its late so im going to make this a quick and dirty tank pitch, i'll work on it more tomarrow.

Dralnor stealer of vitality

weapon: chain with spiked ball

passive: each basic melee or skill adds a debuff of - 5 armor and magic resist granting Dralnor an equal buff. effect stacks 5 times on an enimy lasting for 10 sec. one hit refreshes timer on max debuff. Dralnor does not have a cap on the buff however, making it posable for him to have 125 bonus armor and mr.

q - lay out: Dralnor slings his chain out (auto target skill) wraping it around his opponents legs causing them to trip (1-3 sec stun). reactivate the ability pulls the opponent to you. if skill ends with out reactivation Dralnor crushes his opponent with the spiked ball dealing (2-6% max hp) + .1% his max hp

w - coiled chain: the chains wraped around Dralnor passivly gains armor and magic resist. active, Dralnor spins wiping out the chains slowing everyone in the area.

e - vitality drain: Dralnor lashes out with his spike ball dealing dmg based on his max hp, armor, mr. all damage done is converted to temporary hp and the amount and duration of mr and armor stolen increases

r - the great hyste: Dralnor wraps his spiked ball and chain around his unlucky victome. he then swings them in a full circle and brings them crashing down where they started (2 sec suppress). all enimys hit loose 1/2 their armor and magic resist while Dralnor gains 1/4 of their total armor and mr. the enimys also take damage based on Dralnor's armor and mr at that moment (the more ppl he hits the worse it get when its ur turn) the victome takes the damage at the end based on armor and mr + an extra bit based on max hp and 25/50/75 for each person hit. (four allys hit = 300 dmg)

Osprii

11-16-2012

Depending on how you build champions, they can be "tanks" or not. I, for example, often build Cho'gath with a Trinity Force as his first item.

I have also seen Diana and Darius players that build very, very tanky. I'm talking frozen heart, warmogs, abyssal scepter, maybe a frozen mallet, idk. The same type of stuff you might see on a Nautilus.

There are only a few champs where it is viable to build pure tanky items. Like, Mundo. And thats about it. I suppose Garen or Volibear could, but they often get an Atma's. So, I think that there have been a few tanks in the newest champs. And I agree that a support is most needed, although I think passive supports are very, very boring. Which is maybe why there are so few of them.

IdleGod

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonarrow7 View Post
its late so im going to make this a quick and dirty tank pitch, i'll work on it more tomarrow.

Dralnor stealer of vitality

weapon: chain with spiked ball

passive: each basic melee or skill adds a debuff of - 5 armor and magic resist granting Dralnor an equal buff. effect stacks 5 times on an enimy lasting for 10 sec. one hit refreshes timer on max debuff. Dralnor does not have a cap on the buff however, making it posable for him to have 125 bonus armor and mr.

q - lay out: Dralnor slings his chain out (auto target skill) wraping it around his opponents legs causing them to trip (1-3 sec stun). reactivate the ability pulls the opponent to you. if skill ends with out reactivation Dralnor crushes his opponent with the spiked ball dealing (2-10% max hp) + .1% his max hp

w - coiled chain: the chains wraped around Dralnor passivly gains armor and magic resist. active, Dralnor spins wiping out the chains slowing everyone in the area.

e - vitality drain: Dralnor lashes out with his spike ball dealing dmg based on his max hp, armor, mr. all damage done is converted to temporary hp and the amount and duration of mr and armor stolen increases

r - the great hyste: Dralnor wraps his spiked ball and chain around his unlucky victome. he then swings them in a full circle and brings them crashing down where they started (2 sec suppress). all enimys hit loose 1/2 their armor and magic resist while Dralnor gains 1/4 of their total armor and mr. the enimys also take damage based on Dralnor's armor and mr at that moment (the more ppl he hits the worse it get when its ur turn) the victome takes the damage at the end based on armor and mr + an extra bit based on max hp and 25/50/75 for each person hit. (four allys hit = 300 dmg)
I like it but I don't feel like its big on support and vitality drain seems all little op considering he is going to have larger life then most people on the battle field he is going to one shot anyone that doesn't have higher than his life.
p.s please comment on Aegis, The living turret I would like to see riot at least notice him even know that is near to impossible.

dragonarrow7

11-16-2012

i have another idea for an aoe tank, basically if u are within his area he channels some of the damage to himself. also has a aoe shield to hid under,end early to stun. regenerative embrace, all allys gain back 5-25% of max hp over 10 sec inside area equivalent to his passive, q, e, and r. a "shield" that locks enemies inside an aria and grants him bonus armor and mr and 1/2 to allys. and an ult that draws the enemy to him and silences them, also making them take % extra damage for a time but no explosion at the end. defiantly calling the ult, Shell Shock.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Zero View Post
I'm talking about tanky tanky tanks. You know, like Dr. Mundo, Cho'Gath... Tanky and yet able to protect their squishy allies. The last tank that we have is Nautilus.
has shield, aura, heal, cc, and is a tank. locks enimys in with him, provides a shaired shield, armor, mr, and healing as well as pulling some of the damage away from allys. if an ally is in trouble they can leave his area while the enimy cant and his ult provides clustering and disruption.

dragonarrow7

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatDeadNoobly View Post
I like it but I don't feel like its big on support and vitality drain seems all little op considering he is going to have larger life then most people on the battle field he is going to one shot anyone that doesn't have higher than his life.
p.s please comment on Aegis, The living turret I would like to see riot at least notice him even know that is near to impossible.
his utility comes in in the form of droping everyone elses armor and mr while being a pain to movement and hard to kill.
again its late and thats a rough outline, im talking like .1% his max health +20% armor and +30% mr with a low base dmg for vitality drain. it makes him hurt but it shouldnt make him crush his opponents. his q is more utility than dmg, his w is no dmg but armor and mr and his ult is high dmg on long cd IF he hits alot of people and buffs up his mr and armor first.

Quote:
LOL you haven't seen me play Soraka then