Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Major] Draven+Black Cleaver, Blade of the Ruined King

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theDragn

11-16-2012

Two separate bugs. Draven's passive, which does physical damage, does not proc Black Cleaver's passive. Also, the tooltip for Blade of the Ruined King says that it does physical damage, but it actually does magic damage.

Joe Dolca

11-16-2012

Draven's bleed would be op if it triggered BC, and blade I think is supposed to deal magical and the tooltip is wrong, but I could be wrong.

theDragn

11-17-2012

I agree that triggering BC with DoT would be overpowered. Also, I remember somewhere in a forum post that Xypherous said that BotRK was intended to do physical damage.

Bountak

11-17-2012

confirmed

Akira Tsurugi

11-17-2012

Its really up to riot, as it SHOULD proc it. same with Talon's Q, but regardless...

Blade of the Ruined King's definitely a bug, its supposed to do physical damage, but Riot was lazy and instead of changing the actual damage type, they only changed the tooltip, as it used to do magic dmg at some point. That.... or Riot's internally fighting that while you can penetrate better with it doing Physical damage, the fact is armor still counters it, and they're indecisive.