[Featured Discussion] The S3 versions of Manamune and Archangel's Staff

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tortferngatr

11-19-2012

Hmm...idea?

Aether Cask
910g (150 g+Sapphire Crystal+2 Faerie Charms)
250 mana, 9 Mana Regen

Unique Passive: Aether Charge: Whenever you use a spell or spend mana, you gain 3 maximum Mana and regain 2 mana. The maximum charge Aether Cask can hold is 250 mana, although the regeneration effect still occurs.

Provided you have at least 125 mana charged, you can upgrade this item into Claiomh Manais [which turns into Manadbolg, a weakened Muramana that grants less mana but a small mana refund passive on spellcast/mana usage/autoattack] or Stave of Thrones [which turns into Virtue's Might, a weakened Seraph that grants less mana but a small mana refund passive on spellcast/mana usage].

The idea is to fill the mana niche that Tear's upgrades fill, but attempt to do so in a way that Kassadin doesn't find it as useful [not as "total mana" focused].

DiscworldDeath

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
The average length of my games in a relatively even match tends to run around 25 minutes, afaik. Given that it's nearly impossible to test Dominion games on the PBE with 10 people who know what they're doing (due to PBE login queue, time of day, etc.), I don't know where the threshold might be reached given that most people would probably not start Tear. Are most people (who aren't filthy Kass spammers) going to get Tear even when the itemization patch goes live? :/
With only being 25 MS slower than having boots, as opposed to 50 on live, and having 650 gold with which to buy items due to the lower Tear price, we might see an increase.

Also, don't forget Blitzcranku!

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
The average length of my games in a relatively even match tends to run around 25 minutes, afaik. Given that it's nearly impossible to test Dominion games on the PBE with 10 people who know what they're doing (due to PBE login queue, time of day, etc.), I don't know where the threshold might be reached given that most people would probably not start Tear. Are most people (who aren't filthy Kass spammers) going to get Tear even when the itemization patch goes live? :/
I would actually test it on Singed, Karthus, Anivia and maybe a few others that are mana hungry and use mana constantly. Will be interesting to atleast try.

Orphane

11-20-2012

Certainly Tear is 250 gold cheaper (iirc) due to giving less initial stats, which makes for a much stronger case for starting it since you can now do something like Boots Tear Hp/mp pot x3 - but with the buff to Prospector's giving increased mana regen, will most champs excluding the champs who already got it (AD Malz, Blitzcrank, Ryze, Kass) and the edge mana glutton cases Nyx mentioned (Karthus, Anivia) *want* to get it given that it's still a mostly a lategame thing? I suppose I'm underestimating the drive of people to "try new stuff" out. That's just my personal feeling about Tear.

I guess Tear being cheaper and having less charges overall than currently (750 vs. 1000) means that it won't feel as awful to get as a 2nd or 3rd item.

KaWraith

11-20-2012

@Nome: I was thinking of another solution to the the problem with charging (and out of combat spamming)
I had suggested making the charges only stack if you actually hit something with your spells;
but: what if you just made it charge after 10 minutes (without spell casts)?
this would end the disparity form champions like karthus and singed that can always charge it superfast (though it does remove the "charging" gameplay.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

11-20-2012
6 of 7 Riot Posts

Alright, current plan is to keep the SR versions of these items for 1.72.
Pending live testing, we'll be good to do a Dominion-specific version of these items (and Rod of Ages) for 1.73 if necessary.

Orphane

11-20-2012

Rod of Ages change yessssssss

DiscworldDeath

11-20-2012

I actually see plenty of Rod of Ages built on Dominion as is. The issue is that it has to be rushed, basically.

konfetarius

11-21-2012

Rod of Ages doesn't need charge rate adjustments. It's already basically getting two buffs in that respect (cheaper, and less of an MS difference between going Catalyst first and getting boots).

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

Only if the evolved items also get a lower amount of mana, like 750.