[Featured Discussion] The S3 versions of Manamune and Archangel's Staff

First Riot Post
123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotBuzzJack

11-16-2012

Faster charge rates sounds more appropriate, as the items need large mana pools to function. Lowering the mana cap makes the evolved items weaker, and then nobody would actually get them.

Fat of the Land

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Couldn't you just double the gains?

LordofNarf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

I think the most I've ever charged a tear to on the Crystal Scar was 800, on Ryze at 30 min into an extremely long game. It would probably be worth having a lower cap, though not too low, to allow evolution faster.

I don't want to speculate too hard on what the cap should be, but I think it should be a value reachable by most champs in about 2/3 to 3/4 of an average length game, so that it's still fun in the endgame, once it evolves, but isn't too low, or doesn't have too low of a cap. The lower the cap, the lower the conversion passive on the items is, and many champions that build tear scale off max mana more than anything else (Ryze, AD Malz, Some Kassadin builds).

Perhaps it might even be a good idea to have special versions of the items that give different stats and abilities in their bas (AA/Manamune) and evolved forms.

konfetarius

11-16-2012

Faster charge rate, yes, lower cap, no.

Archangel Staff already got a stupid overnerf by losing more than half of its mana regeneration. It was *the* mana regen and mana pool item of choice for those who really needed it. If it has a lower cap, it won't be either now.

Vsin

11-16-2012

I say reduce the ICD on the charge rate. Reducing the mana on an item that requires you to build tons of mana doesn't exactly strike me as logical.

IMO, the ICD should just be 2s in every map.

Ragias

11-16-2012

I think doubling the charge rate would be good and be the cleanest.

Argodis

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha0sniper View Post
On that note, could we get Rod of Ages' charge time lowered at the same time? 10 minutes is an eternity in a dominion game.
This.

Hawktitan

11-16-2012

I think doubling the charge rate would be the cleanest. It would certainly be a boost to champs like Ryze but I think that's ok.

Also speeding up the RoA would be much appreciated too

Infirc

11-16-2012

Urgot; hitting for double damage early in the game? ugh..no thank you n_n

IonDragonX

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
Do we want it to have a lower limit, or charge faster? I guess letting it charge faster would just help already-powerful champions like Kassadin.
I approve of charging faster. Earn 8 mana on the ArchAngel's and 6 mana for the Manamune.

123456 ... 12