The Mastery of Doran's Blade (TMoDB) 2.0

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frost Archer

12-30-2012

Chapter 12 ~ The Decisive Strike

War. It is an ugly thing. But also a chance of proving great honour. It is an art, almost like skill with a blade. Garen is not ready. I have taught him myself, yet he is still new at basic form. I wonder what the military standards are. What ever they are, it is obviously not enough. - Fiora Laurent

[CENTER]***[/CENTER]

Their battle cry was so loud that Garen's eardrums felt like they were being trampled by a herd of rhinoceros. The Noxian army were camped at the opposite side of a shallow river. He could see Darius, yelling louder than any of his troops, waving his ridiculously large axe.

Garen's soldiers silently stood in formation, impressive but fresh. And Darius could tell. He roared insults and names, but none of the Demacians dared to challenge the Noxian.

His captain cape was clipped to his spiked shoulder plates. The rumour of how he got the cape was well known. He had killed his previous Captain for suggesting a retreat. A single clean stroke. Garen knew that he would have to win this battle, as both sides were unwilling to back down.

Darius spied Garen's military banner over his tent.

"COME OUT YOU FILTHY DEMACIAN!" he roared "OR ARE YOU TOO MUCH OF A COWARD TO FIGHT ME?"

Garen stood up from the chair he was sitting on. He clipped his vambraces into place. He picked up his sword with one hand and walked out.

Garen considered his options. If he charged in, there was a chance that his men would not participate in the battle. He would need to rally them first.

"For Demacia!" He roared. His shout was so fierce that he silenced the Noxians. Darius cocked his head at him, smiling.

Garen charged.

The rest of the Demacians followed close at his heels.

He met Darius in the middle of the river, sloshing water everywhere. The moment their blades met, Darius smiled. He knew he was superior in skill. A few Demacians tried to sneak up on Darius when he spun in a circle, using the momentum of his axe to slice through armour.

Momentum.

Garen ran towards Darius, and made a wild swing with his blade. While Darius easily dodged his initial strike, he was not expecting the blade rounding the bend. Garen dug his heels in and followed up on the next strike. He managed to land a few hits before Darius finally parried his blade.

Darius frowned and reached up to pat the three slash marks across his face. His eyes narrowed.

"That was a dirty trick Demacian scum." he snarled.

"Not so" Garen retorted "I saw you use the spin first. I simply analyzed it and modified it to suit my needs."

The two made a mighty swing at each other and met with a shower of sparks. While Darius simply needed to lift his axe and drop it on Garen, he was also less mobile. Garen dodged and weaved through the attacks, countering with a slash or a stab.

In the heat of battle, they eventually drifted farther away from each other, until they had to actively search out their foe before they attacked.

By dawn, most of the fighting had died down, but Garen and Darius were still at it like tigers.

Garen backed up, and so did Darius.

"It appears we are at an impasse" Garen noted.

"Agreed. But this next attack will finish it."

Garen and Darius charged each other, both knowing that this would be the decisive strike.

[CENTER]***[/CENTER]

"Strike quickly, strike deftly."

Garen was starting to regret coming to Fiora for help. She told him to move on from the wooden post. To her.

"Precision and grace."

Garen got more and more battered with every word.

"Do not hesitate."

With every quote, Fiora would follow up with a whip to his legs or arms with the flat of her blade. She was going rapier to broadsword, she had no difficulty fending off Garen.

"Keep a sharp blade and a sharp mind."

Fiora was starting to get bored of bullying Garen, and so called a break.

"No" Garen replied "I need to be ready. Again."

"Garen, enough is enough." Fiora said in a warning tone.

Garen did not catch on and charged her. As he swung downwards, Fiora pulled another blade from the sheathe engrafted to her back. She deflected his strike, and pulled on his scarf. Using his momentum, she easily flipped him over.

"Is this supposed to be a challenge?" She mocked "Use your enemies momentum to your advantage."

Garen groaned and tried to get back up

"Submit! You have already lost."

[CENTER]***[/CENTER]

Garen jumped and flipped in the air, despite his heavy armour, and slashed down at where Darius stood. But Darius was no longer there.

Behind me? Garen wondered. He quickly looked behind him.

"Above" Darius' voice said. He had jumped upwards, whereas Garen had jumped forwards. Darius brought his axe down in a swift stroke, intending to bisect Garen.

Garen felt a jolt, then a crunch. He lost feeling to his right arm. Darius had smashed his axe into his shoulder pauldron and it had lodged itself there.

Garen fell to his knees, defeated. He could no longer hold his sword. He made a wild swing with his left hand, but Darius simply knocked it aside. The blade cracked and was bent.

Darius raised his axe to decapitate Garen when three daggers nailed his axe to the wall. Garen fell face first unconscious into the water.

Katarina deftly dropped onto the ground from her hiding spot and looked at Garen with disappointment.

"I hoped he would put up a larger fight" she muttered.

"Du Couteau. Don't interfere with my job." Darius growled, dislike clearly etched into his face.

"Oh no, this is my prey" she replied "I saw him first. Now why don't you go back. The Demacians are bringing reinforcements."

Darius grumbled but grabbed his axe and lumbered away.

Katarina walked over to Garen and lifted his face out of the water by his hair. She slapped him in the face. Garen started to regain consciousness but was loosing it quickly due to loss of blood.

She brought her face right in front of his. "Crownguard. I hope to see better performance from you next time." She murmured into his ear. "And never forget; I let you live."

Katarina hauled him out of the water and leaned him on a tree. She looked around. Seeing no one in the vicinity, she quickly leaned in and kissed him. She got up and bounded away from the battle zone.

Garen started to regain consciousness when the Demacian reinforcements arrived. The medics patched up his shoulder, but he would need to take a month away from the battlefield. Which was fine by Garen. He needed time to think.

Frost Archer

12-30-2012

I admit that last bit was stolen from FMA when Lust silences #48. Also, this is an inside joke for me to refer to after I write my next chapter. I'll explain it next chapter too so don't worry

Buttons. Large buttons. Many Buttons. Made of Cork.

kittytoast

01-01-2013

Hoo hoooooo :3

Never thought I would think Fiora is cool, haha.

Frost Archer

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittytoast View Post
Hoo hoooooo :3

Never thought I would think Fiora is cool, haha.
Ha ha. Most of those quotes in there are actually her own quotes in-game. They seemed wise (in a Fiora-ish way) so I added them, with a bit of my own touch of course

You know, I just realized another reference I sub-consiously made: when Darius says above, it is like when Kakashi (Naruto) says "below" to Sasuke. ('.' )

Anyway, my X-Box Live has expired, but school has started. Depending on weather I get a lot of assignments or not, I should be able to update a bit more frequently than this break (I think I'm doing chapter updates once a week currently. As of now, if all goes well, I can double that.)

.... OMG - I wanna get started on TQfDR so bad! D: It's got SUCH a good story, much better than this because I am less restricted. (This has to do with Garen's sword, so yah) I luv u all! Until next time! ... Which is probably tomorrow...

[Edit] Looking back at my champions, I've found kind-of a pattern. The number 2 is sacred to me (well, really 24 is, but I'll get into that some other update) So I have 2 mains for every role. ('cept jungle. I abhor jungle)

ADC - Ashe
ADC - Caitlyn
Support - Sona
Support - Soraka - (I would add Janna, but she is number 3 and I have the sacred 2)
Top - Riven
Top - Fiora
Mid - Katarina
Mid - Lux

I have all but Fiora, but I tried her once and: She. Is. Awesome! But if you say she does not count, Kayle then...

[Edit]

O.O they are all girls.... This is not what it looks like....

kittytoast

01-08-2013

*poke poke*

saladeo

01-09-2013

hellooooooow, somebody there? XD

Frost Archer

01-10-2013

Sorry, preping for exams :S but it's only been 5 days

(dun worry, rough draft is waiting for me to type up when i'm done study

Frost Archer

01-11-2013

OK! Quick update.

No chapter. Tomorrow. Promised. There will be two. If not, I will punish myself. Vow. Swear. All that stuff.

Anyway, I'm thinking about posting each chapter in my DeviAcc with a picture for each chapter. It will be based off of the best scene in each chapter. So, for the 12 current chapters, tell me your favourite scene in each one

Also, been doing a bit of "research". Turns out, that if I make it 12 font, Adobe Garamond, TMoDB would take 30 pages so far. So if bound into a book, I'd say, 60 pages I'm so proud (TvT)

(Also Kitty, for just your first chapter, you have a word density of 10% for just "Garen". That's a lot of Garens )

saladeo

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostArcher024 View Post

(Also Kitty, for just your first chapter, you have a word density of 10% for just "Garen". That's a lot of Garens )

true

so the chapter is delayed to the next week?

good luck with exams

saladeo

01-14-2013

Oh man that sucks, things will eventually get beter, so, hang on. Just get beter okay, take your time, not so much i guess XD, good luck.