The Mastery of Doran's Blade (TMoDB) 2.0

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frost Archer

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by saladeo View Post
Your chapters arent that short, what does ADHD means?
Well, compared to my first few.....

Anyway, I'm just playing with you. I don't really have ADHD. (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). Ok, I may have a slight bit of it. I tend to get off topic of stuff. A lot.

Anyway, sorry about not posting as often as said, but my Halo 4 buddies call out to me. If you play it, you can add "Gun Man YTZZZ" <-- yea, cheesy, made it when I was like, 8.
Now typing up chapter 11

Frost Archer

12-23-2012

Chapter 11 ~ The Queen of Blades

Fiora Laurent. A woman so bent on restoring honour to her family name, she can not notice that she herself is tarnishing it. She treats other's like trash, and mouths off too often. All she cares about is her honour and her swordplay. She is beautiful, but all her suitors have left with shredded suits, or worse. - Garen Crownguard.

Garen knocked on the door.

How did I get into this mess Garen wondered.

Fiora opened the door. She was dressed in her usual attire. Her scarf billowed out with the draft of wind. When she saw who it was, her eyes narrowed.

“What is it Crownguard?”

“Hello Miss Laurent. I've come because I am in need of a sword.”

If it was possible for her to look even more suspicious, she did. “And why would the 'Might of Demacia' come to me for one?” she said, almost spitting out the title.

“Well you are the best swordsman I know, so I was thinking you may have one I could use.”

Fiora's eyes softened at the compliment, but soon turned stony once more. “Very well, come in.” She opened the door completely and walked in without looking back to see if Garen followed.

That woman Garen thought. All you need to do is give her lip service. Then she's all yours. He rolled his eyes at his own unintentional pun. Garen took in his surroundings.

There was a practice dummy in the center of the living room, almost in shreds. She must have been training, he thought.

Fiora walked to the back of the room and inserted a key into the wall. The wall folded upon itself, revealing an arsenal of swords. Most of them were rapiers, but claymores, broadswords and daggers also filled the wall.

Fiora looked back at Garen, clearly enjoying his bewilderment.

“Impressive, no?”

Garen could only nod his head in stupor. There had to be hundreds, no, thousands of swords.

“What is it you need?” Fiora asked, sizing him up. “I don't think you came here for a rapier. Not as if I'd give you one anyway.”

Garen looked for something that matched his old sword, same size and same weight. He saw one hilt at the very end of the row. It was trimmed with gold, carved into intricate designs. It was nothing like the simple look of “Doran's blade”.

As he gripped it, he suddenly thought back to his fight with Katarina. Her blades were definitely interesting, if not flashy. Despite himself, he smiled. He could use flashy.

“Justice?”

Fiora's voice broke his train of thought.

“Hmmm. I could never use him.” She mused “He does not balance well with me.”

“The name of the sword?” Garen asked. He hefted it with his right hand. “Seem's fairly balanced to me.” he noted.

Fiora seemed to be making a decision. “He is rather valuable.” she said at last. “You may have him.”

Garen looked at her “Thank you Miss Laurent.”

“Hold” Fiora called “I never said he was free.”

“What?” Garen cried expaserated. “Very well, name your price.”

Fiora grinned mischievously.

Garen walked out the door grumbling and with his wallet much more light.

“Why that Fiora.” he swore. “And to think that I thought she was attractive.”

“You did?” Lux squealed, popping out from behind him.

Garen just about jumped out of his skin.

“WHAT! Did you follow me here?”

“Yup” she smirked “So, what part of her? That little streak of red? Or her elegance?” she teased, waggling her eyebrows.

“Forget it” Garen muttered.

“Well it's not my fault you go moony eyed over every girl in town.” Lux quipped.

“Shut it” Garen growled.

“That's not very nice” she pouted.

Garen was about to make a scathing remark when he saw Sona preforming in the corner of the street. Little children frolicked around her while the older crowd just stood and admired her music. She looked up and caught his eye. She gave a faint smile, and went back to preforming.

Without realizing it, he stopped. Lux bumped into him.

“Hey! Watch where you-” Lux stopped mid sentence. She followed his gaze. She shook her head and smiled. “As I was originally going to say, I made sure it was authentic. You know that Doran's blade is worth a fortune right?”

That snapped Garen out of his trance.

“Then why did I have to go buy a new one?” Garen cried “Do you know just how much Fiora charged for this blade?”

“Because I can't let you get it lost or broken in you're battles. Not until I enchant it.” Lux replied simply. “And that'll take a few weeks.”

“So?” Garen said, glaring at her.

“And I wanted you to meet Fiora” Lux giggled. She turned and ran home, leaving Garen in the middle of the streets dumbfounded.

“Idiot! Do you have no drop of grace in your bulky body? Can you not fight, perfectly poised and ready?”

Fiora was yelling at Garen.

And it was Garen's fault.

Earlier that week, Garen replayed his fights with Katarina, and deducted that he only survived out of sheer luck. Sheer luck that he could parry her first strike. Sheer luck he could conjure three shields out of thin air. Sheer luck he could bring a sword crashing down from the heavens.

He decided to ask Fiora to train him. Now, he was starting to regret it. By now, he had been cussed at, humiliated, and generally given a string of verbal abuse from Fiora.

She had trounced him so badly that she looked at him with utter disgust.

So now she decided to pair him up with something a little more his speed. A wooden post.

He woke up at the crack of dawn and walked all the way to her house to be shouted at while doing basic strokes at a shaft of wood.

By afternoon, his arms started to ache and quiver. And to add injury to insult, Fiora would tan his back with a measuring stick. At the end of the day, Garen was pretty sure that his body would be black and blue the next morning.

“Don't think of the sword as a tool. Think of it as a natural extention of your body. Become one with the blade. Until you can achieve that, I can not teach you anything more.”

Garen yelled in frustration and split the post in two, earning him a quick jab at his side.

As Garen doubled over, Fiora turned. “At least, you seem to be grasping the bare idea of it.” She said approvingly. “Very well, we are done with today.”

As Garen mopped off the sweat from his brow, Fiora tossed him his jacket.

“Clean up. Lets go.”

Go? Go where? Garen wondered bewildered.

Garen was still putting on his jacket when he saw Fiora put on a short black dress and a long red scarf. She walked with him towards the door.

As he walked out, she followed him and slipped her arm through his.

“Come on Crownguard, find us a place to dine tonight.” She commanded.

Garen was still in a state of shock as he walked into the Grande. He did not notice Sona in her usual spot. He did not notice Sona look up, delighted at seeing him. He did not notice Sona's frown at Fiora. He did not notice her look of disapointment as she saw Fiora's arm through his.

He sat down and ordered a soup with smoked brisket.

Fiora asked for the same, topped with red wine.

As their food was served, Fiora looked at Garen over her glass. She smiled suggestively at him, ignoring the turned heads. Garen, on the other hand, was oblivious to them.

“So Crownguard, why did you come to me?”

“Look Fiora, I think you've got it wrong.” Garen started.

“Oh drop the excuses Crownguard.” She cooed. “What do you want?”

“I only came for you to teach me.” Garen said weakly.

“We'll I can be a very - good - teacher I can tell you that.” She smiled. Her hand snaked over to his. Garen quickly withdrew his hand from the table.

Garen quickly ate the rest of his meal in silence and stood up. “Fiora. I'm sorry.”

He paid for both meals, and quickly left.

Fiora looked a bit disappointed, but she smiled as she left too.

Anyway, Fiora doesn't love him. Yet. This can go either way. But I don't want Garen to have too much love

[Note] I was originally gunna call this one "Kerrigan". Can you guess why?
And now, Morpheus hath taketh me to the land of dreams zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Frost Archer

12-23-2012

2 things.

YAY 5 pages!

and

YAY long chapter!

saladeo

12-24-2012

Awesome chapter, you know i would be glad to play halo4 with you but i have an ps3, sorry, i played halo 1 and 2 (because they are on PC) awesome game, keep it up, maybe we could play LOL.

I puted your name on google and found some DA, good Nautilus.

Poor Sona.

Frost Archer

12-25-2012

Quote:
Awesome chapter, you know i would be glad to play halo4 with you but i have an ps3, sorry, i played halo 1 and 2 (because they are on PC) awesome game, keep it up, maybe we could play LOL.

I puted your name on google and found some DA, good Nautilus.

Poor Sona.
Yea, I wanted to elaborate on Sona's reaction, how she takes it blah blah blah, but I wanted the quick clean stroke effect. And don't worry! Sona'll get a new partner. (dont tell em kitty :P)

saladeo

12-26-2012

Xin- Zhao? dont even think about jarvan, he is with shyv forever, or... galio XD. Make a mention about pentakill, like they are in a pentakill concert with kat or fiora (garen doesnt know) and sona is drunk (she wants to forget garen and starts drinking and some crazy **** happens). Anyway those are just ideas, dont take them seriously (You can if you want)

PS: Could you make something about ashe, anything, that would be awesome, just if you want (and it doesnt afect your fanfic).

Frost Archer

12-27-2012

Quote:
Xin- Zhao? dont even think about jarvan, he is with shyv forever, or... galio XD. Make a mention about pentakill, like they are in a pentakill concert with kat or fiora (garen doesnt know) and sona is drunk (she wants to forget garen and starts drinking and some crazy **** happens). Anyway those are just ideas, dont take them seriously (You can if you want)

PS: Could you make something about ashe, anything, that would be awesome, just if you want (and it doesnt afect your fanfic).

Sorry. I dont want to mention the league or anything related to it. Almost as if it doesn't exist. This is (hopefully) a pure Valoran based story. And unfortunately, people wont like the pairing but I do.

Xin and Jarvis? Heck no!
Don't want to elaborate on Jarvis that much, I mean sure I like Shyv, but I think that adds too much love to my already-close-to-bursting-with-love story. Like a cherry on top.

Just out of curiosity, anyone want me to start typing up Quest for Doran's Ring? I already know how TMoDB is gunna end. So the question is: more of these in quick succession or conflicting stories? But then there might be spoilers..... :/

Lets see, if their names were real:
Jarvis - Jarvis
Garen - Gary
Sona - Sora
Katarina - Katherine
Fiora - Fiona?
Darius - Dariusz <-- that is an actual name of a famous persian prince. And my teacher's first name...
Draven - Draaaaaaven :{D

AlphaOmegaMan

12-28-2012

i'd say just stick to one story, it's not that doing more than 1 is a bad idea, but if you start to mingle the plot lines and all that writing stuff, it can either become very very good or a giant cluster**** of plot holes and confusing moments. that's just my opinion, also i'm a little biased cause i like just reading this one and hate waiting for things XD

saladeo

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostArcher024 View Post
Sorry. I dont want to mention the league or anything related to it. Almost as if it doesn't exist. This is (hopefully) a pure Valoran based story. And unfortunately, people wont like the pairing but I do.

Xin and Jarvis? Heck no!
Don't want to elaborate on Jarvis that much, I mean sure I like Shyv, but I think that adds too much love to my already-close-to-bursting-with-love story. Like a cherry on top.

Just out of curiosity, anyone want me to start typing up Quest for Doran's Ring? I already know how TMoDB is gunna end. So the question is: more of these in quick succession or conflicting stories? But then there might be spoilers..... :/

Lets see, if their names were real:
Jarvis - Jarvis
Garen - Gary
Sona - Sora
Katarina - Katherine
Fiora - Fiona?
Darius - Dariusz <-- that is an actual name of a famous persian prince. And my teacher's first name...
Draven - Draaaaaaven :{D
i meant sona with xin (just because of fun)

shyv with jarvan

and what about lux? is she geting love?

Frost Archer

12-30-2012

Quote:
i meant sona with xin (just because of fun)

shyv with jarvan

and what about lux? is she geting love?
First of all. I don't like Xin too much. No it's not because he's Asian.(<--- I dunno why, but that is apparently a reason why people don't like him. Because he doesn't seem "Demacian"). But he won't fill the role as Sona's lover. Secondly, I'm not a too big fan of Sherry or Jarvis. Maybe in TQfDR. MAYBE.

Anyway, Lux is what, 18? Yea ideal age to START dating I guess. But who do you think dares to cross her overly protective brother? Sure she can herself, but I'm making so that she is not interested either. I actually like a Lux Ez pairing, but as I already said; Garen is stealing all the love. Literally. er.... Figuratively....

That along with personal bias. I dislike premature love situations. So I dislike it when people say they are "dating" when they are 17- (Damn it, they don't even go on dates! They just simply acknowledge that they are infatuated with each other!)

The point is, I really only want to focus on one love pairing, and I've already expanded that to two because I felt sorry for Sona. So......

Quote:
omega4125 i'd say just stick to one story, it's not that doing more than 1 is a bad idea, but if you start to mingle the plot lines and all that writing stuff, it can either become very very good or a giant cluster**** of plot holes and confusing moments. that's just my opinion, also i'm a little biased cause i like just reading this one and hate waiting for things XD
Now to Omega. Yea, that's what I thought too. But I see some people doing that and I was curious to see what people's preference is.