This is why the tribunal dosent work <<<<

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

6Asphyxia6

Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calys Teneb View Post
You're trying to make a serious point and not bothering to take the time needed to make it legibly.

What makes you think I'll consider your point seriously at all if you can't be bothered to communicate in a legible manner?
Then your point is not needed thank you, you may leave.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calys Teneb

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Game One, you're not humble in victory
Game Two, you threaten to leave and abuse your teammates for the rest of the game
Game Three, don't play drunk because...yeah...dat chat. Not that I beleive you were drunk.
Game Four, you abused your teammates again
Game Five, you were negative throughout and looks like you just chose whomever you wanted to play to start.

So yeah, I wouldn't want you in my games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calys Teneb

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Asphyxia6 View Post
Sincerely doubtful actually, and due to the amount of negative responses i always seem to get it is clear to me that perhaps the real toxic players are the ones of the community who use the tribunal to cast votes.
Quote:
I did not say that :P Our research shows that actually our Tribunal users are among the most positive users in the community. They receive fewer reports on average and have almost no ban histories in the Tribunal.
Lyte, response 8
http://lolpt.com/redtracker.php?id=841997

Quote:
Tribunal users tend to be more lenient than Riot staff--this has been shown time and time again in the data
Lyte, response 9, same page.

http://lolpt.com/redtracker.php?id=841997


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

6Asphyxia6

Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calys Teneb View Post
Game One, you're not humble in victory
Game Two, you threaten to leave and abuse your teammates for the rest of the game
Game Three, don't play drunk because...yeah...dat chat. Not that I beleive you were drunk.
Game Four, you abused your teammates again
Game Five, you were negative throughout and looks like you just chose whomever you wanted to play to start.

So yeah, I wouldn't want you in my games.
So yeah, thank you for proving once again that the tribunal dose not work. I find it sad that league is going down the path of the tribunal. Riot is going to lose so many players when dota2 comes out i love league i really do but the sheer fact that they have such tight restrictions on the game in terms of trash talking makes it garbage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alanja

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Ok lets see for your case then:

Game 1:
Apart from "gg noobs" nothing serious. But I don't like it ... Still would not punish yet ^^

Game 2:
Nothing in my eyes

Game 3:
Hmm ... not really ... even though one "could" argue with the "what is in it for me" ... but I would still not punish...

Game 4:
"worst team ever" ... Still hard to make something there though

Game 5:
Ah here we go ... even though it looked like it started out to be just some friendly bantering, you were on Olafs back pretty long ...
Later bringing it even to the All-Chat where such things do not belong.

The problem here is not that you did it, but how you did it.
You barely gave him a chance for an answer.

The last game is probably what got you for the whole case.

I would have skipped the case though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

6Asphyxia6

Member

11-16-2012

Well then i really hope that the tribunal users enjoy their private game. I predict that the league community will diminish over time due to the tribunal and not because of toxic players leaving the game, eventually people will get tired of tribunal bull**** and move on to another game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Labcown

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Asphyxia6 View Post
Think I'll bring this issue to everyone's attention, I want everyone to read my reason for getting a warning and possible ban: Tribunal doesn't work.

I read nothing in any of the cases, I was reported in that should have resulted in a warning, I even got reported for refusing to report a Soraka!

I mean this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, I wasn't being any more rude than anyone else in any of those matches this is why the tribunal doesn't work people!!!

Tribunal trolls will screw you every time, it's like they only read what you were typing (or just don't care and vote to quickly get through the cases) not what anyone else was typing at all!

In fact I think you should have to watch the entire recorded match before you get the chance to vote to ban or not it doesn't seem fair that trolls get to just vote and decide your accounts' fate! Maybe then people who actually want to do the tribunal thing will see reasons for all the negative things people type in game once all the evidence is out on the table and I have said this before and I'll say it again if people can't handle trash talking then they should uninstall league and go watch My Little Pony.


Just saying "tribunal is complete" is utter B.S.. When it comes to reports and report reasons I mean they still have a lack of skill option and they talk about justice it's disgusting.

Here is my case: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5937695/#nogo
/startrant

You're welcome for the quick clean-up effort, the way you organized that post was more horrendous then the point you tried to drag across my screen.

Mind you I can't see your case yet because the link is broken, but the gist of your post seems to be saying that you just harassed out of "defense." That's no way to try to get even with the "trolls," because honestly, that's what they're hoping to get out of you, a reaction that quite clearly shows that you've sunken to their level.

The easiest way to ignore the trolls (besides the most obvious ignore button) is to just not care. If this person wants to take time out of his day just to try and ruin my day, then it's obvious this person isn't worth the effort of my attention.

Albeit most of the "trolls" you see aren't exactly trolls, most of the time when that player goes 0/8/0 in a game, it's not to ruin your game, it's because they legitimately had a bad game, and you yelling at them isn't helping, and hence you get raging. If everyone just viewed this game and it's player base as not so hostile and was actually supportive or even "nice" *GASP* to one another, there would be no need for such a system as Tribunal.

And since coming across as being nice or helpful over the internet is almost a lost art to most at this point, when someone does die or does horribly, give them constructive criticism on how they can do better, not "STOP DYING NOOB," because I'm quite sure they're aware of the fact that they've died an excessive amount.

/endrant

Here's hoping you stay out of tribunal from now on!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

6Asphyxia6

Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanja View Post
Ok lets see for your case then:

Game 1:
Apart from "gg noobs" nothing serious. But I don't like it ... Still would not punish yet ^^

Game 2:
Nothing in my eyes

Game 3:
Hmm ... not really ... even though one "could" argue with the "what is in it for me" ... but I would still not punish...

Game 4:
"worst team ever" ... Still hard to make something there though

Game 5:
Ah here we go ... even though it looked like it started out to be just some friendly bantering, you were on Olafs back pretty long ...
Later bringing it even to the All-Chat where such things do not belong.

The problem here is not that you did it, but how you did it.
You barely gave him a chance for an answer.

The last game is probably what got you for the whole case.

I would have skipped the case though.
Thank you for your serious post, and yes i was on Olaf's back who wouldn't though when an Olaf feeds as bad as he did. I still don't see anything wrong with it i get raged at all the time when im being a meatball in game and i don't ever report for it, it is part of the game! .


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calys Teneb

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Asphyxia6 View Post
Well then i really hope that the tribunal users enjoy their private game. I predict that the league community will diminish over time due to the tribunal and not because of toxic players leaving the game, eventually people will get tired of tribunal bull**** and move on to another game.
Yeah, I've been hearing more or less about how the community is going to leave for "better" games since beta.

Yeah...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

6Asphyxia6

Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labcown View Post
/startrant

You're welcome for the quick clean-up effort, the way you organized that post was more horrendous then the point you tried to drag across my screen.

Mind you I can't see your case yet because the link is broken, but the gist of your post seems to be saying that you just harassed out of "defense." That's no way to try to get even with the "trolls," because honestly, that's what they're hoping to get out of you, a reaction that quite clearly shows that you've sunken to their level.

The easiest way to ignore the trolls (besides the most obvious ignore button) is to just not care. If this person wants to take time out of his day just to try and ruin my day, then it's obvious this person isn't worth the effort of my attention.

Albeit most of the "trolls" you see aren't exactly trolls, most of the time when that player goes 0/8/0 in a game, it's not to ruin your game, it's because they legitimately had a bad game, and you yelling at them isn't helping, and hence you get raging. If everyone just viewed this game and it's player base as not so hostile and was actually supportive or even "nice" *GASP* to one another, there would be no need for such a system as Tribunal.

And since coming across as being nice or helpful over the internet is almost a lost art to most at this point, when someone does die or does horribly, give them constructive criticism on how they can do better, not "STOP DYING NOOB," because I'm quite sure they're aware of the fact that they've died an excessive amount.

/endrant

Here's hoping you stay out of tribunal from now on!
I understand the message of be a good team mate but regardless if anyone can report to be a troll then the tribunal needs to be re made. And like i keep saying trash talking is part of the game and always will be not a big deal this game has chat filters and ignore buttons no excuse for a report unless somebody is greifing and ruining the game for other players.