Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Executioners Calling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JuGao

11-22-2012

not sure i agree with keeping the gp5 component but other than that this is a good idea

ploki122

11-22-2012

Today someone said "Darius or I feed" is that an executioners' calling?

WhackedRak

11-22-2012

Ok it already builds out of Avarice so it's total cost is relatively cheaper than it was before. It doesn't need a gold generation component.

As someone pointed out before, it's now a competing Damage + Crit item, which already exists in two other forms. They've taken away the only LifeSteal + Crit item and with it, a really nice item variance and core niche on some champions.

Zoram

11-23-2012

Yeah executioner's calling was supposed to be the highest life steal item to make it appealing. Now it just isn't appealing to anyone. I'd be okay with the change if it built into something, but it does not at all.

It was an excellent item before that just needed to build into something bigger like hexdrinker it is a great item that suffers being a dead end.

urmamasllama

11-23-2012

i would rather the recipe didn't change from its original vamp scepter + brawlers gloves and just have them nerf the life steal down to 12%

Jaigar

11-23-2012

The summoner changes need to be considered as well. I heard scarra said that he was testing it vs. ocelote and the both ran barrier mid and were unable to kill each other.

This item provides a reliable wounding effect which might be more important if Heal+Crucible make some headway. Its definately situational.

WhackedRak

11-28-2012

Any word from a designer on why this item's lifesteal component was removed and a low flat damage component was added in its place?

WhackedRak

11-29-2012

It's a sad day when the season omits
my preffered source of pro lifesteal and crits

Hugenaught

11-29-2012

Ignite is just so much better. It's a meh item for a team that doesn't have an ignite on heal heavy enemies. There's really no reason to get it right now, which is a shame since EC was really good at shutting down Mundo for a cheap price in S2. Everyone has an ignite anyway nowadays.

It needs to be buffed imho.

DT777

11-29-2012

So, we've had what, Three? Four? Different iterations of "Grievous Wounds on Hit" since beta. All of them have been changed, mostly because it's simply too strong of a counter to Singed, Mundo, Soraka, and any other champion that relies heavily on regeneration/healing. GP had it as a passive, which was removed. Two or three versions of old exec had it, and they were reworked.

And now we have this. Where it's got ****ty stats, but it has Grievous Wounds on hit. It's still a hard counter to certain champions...but you're probably better off buying something else.

Why not just remove ignite as a summoner spell and attach it to Executioner's Calling and Morello's Evil Tome? And take away the current On-hit from exec, then make it actually a GOOD item worth buying. Plus it means that the item is more of a soft counter than a strong hard counter to certain champions.