The new Executioners Calling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhackedRak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

bump

WhackedRak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

bump

WhackedRak

12-10-2012

bump

swordcookie

12-10-2012

I think 15% lifesteal would be a bit much currently. But 12% would be nice to bring it on par with Wriggles. But yeah, the current Executioner's calling is extremely underwhelming. The gold>stats are about average, but since it can't upgrade to anything, an average early game item just doesn't cut it.

metalaug

12-10-2012

It's a must-buy against Singed, Mundo, Swain and other champs with huge regen. Ignite is just not enough and you need to be constantly giving them grievous wounds.

lnrael

12-10-2012

i miss this item

NEXMaRin

12-10-2012

agreed

WhackedRak

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordcookie View Post
I think 15% lifesteal would be a bit much currently. But 12% would be nice to bring it on par with Wriggles. But yeah, the current Executioner's calling is extremely underwhelming. The gold>stats are about average, but since it can't upgrade to anything, an average early game item just doesn't cut it.
consider old EC's 18% to BT's possible 20%

BT now has a possible 18% scaling from 12%. So 15% on a new crit+ lifesteal item would make it a viable alternative to BT late game if you're worried about maintaining stacks.

Kalasen

12-10-2012

I used to get old executioner's plenty on Draven after boots and a doran's. It gave no AD, but Draven can handle that because he can last hit just fine anyway with his Q. In exchange for the lower initial AD compared to other routes, I got crit and tons of life steal fast, as well as an active I could spam in fights or totally mess with the support's healing by doing it right when their heal CD is up, and a passive that syncs perfectly with the play style of Q poking once then backing off to catch it. Draven loves both crit for his passive and life steal because he overkills the minion lasthits with his Q, which the life steal applies to.

In addition to giving me an even more godly lane phase, I could get infinity edge straight after while retaining the ability to heal up like a bloodthirster rush would have done. The stats synergize with infinity edge perfectly.

But now we have this item, which costs closer to 2/3 of a bloodthirster than 1/3 of a bloodthirster like old one, lost the massive life steal in exchange for a stat you'll build on your next item anyway, and lost the damage over time effect. The heal debuff applies on autoattacks now for 1.5 seconds. Just like I could apply it at almost exactly the same range for 8 seconds by pressing '3'. So much work moving my index finger up a centimeter.

I... can't see why I would ever build this. It still doesn't fit in my endgame build but now costs more and thus is more of a gold sink when I sell it late game. Its base stats are the same as infinity edge but far less - if I would ever want to build this item for stats, I would go for infinity edge instead. So that leaves the active. Which is a much weaker version of the old one that you at least don't have to move your index finger for. Maybe I would still want to use it anyway? I can't shut down the enemy support's lane healing with it, really, because the effect doesn't linger unless I keep attacking. It still works when committing to a to-the-death fight where it might mess up a clutch heal and we didn't pick up ignite for some reason (ignite being used only in to-the-death fights). That is literally the only case I can possibly think of where it would be better than the standard build, and that's only if the standard build didn't do enough damage leading up to and during the fight to counter half a heal.

WhackedRak

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasen View Post
I used to get old executioner's plenty on Draven after boots and a doran's. It gave no AD, but Draven can handle that because he can last hit just fine anyway with his Q. In exchange for the lower initial AD compared to other routes, I got crit and tons of life steal fast, as well as an active I could spam in fights or totally mess with the support's healing by doing it right when their heal CD is up, and a passive that syncs perfectly with the play style of Q poking once then backing off to catch it. Draven loves both crit for his passive and life steal because he overkills the minion lasthits with his Q, which the life steal applies to.

In addition to giving me an even more godly lane phase, I could get infinity edge straight after while retaining the ability to heal up like a bloodthirster rush would have done. The stats synergize with infinity edge perfectly.

But now we have this item, which costs closer to 2/3 of a bloodthirster than 1/3 of a bloodthirster like old one, lost the massive life steal in exchange for a stat you'll build on your next item anyway, and lost the damage over time effect. The heal debuff applies on autoattacks now for 1.5 seconds. Just like I could apply it at almost exactly the same range for 12 seconds by pressing '3'. So much work moving my index finger up a centimeter.

I... can't see why I would ever build this. It still doesn't fit in my endgame build but now costs more and thus is more of a gold sink when I sell it late game. Its base stats are the same as infinity edge but far less - if I would ever want to build this item for stats, I would go for infinity edge instead. So that leaves the active. Which is a much weaker version of the old one that you at least don't have to move your index finger for. Maybe I would still want to use it anyway? I can't shut down the enemy support's lane healing with it, really, because the effect doesn't linger unless I keep attacking. It still works when committing to a to-the-death fight where it might mess up a clutch heal and we didn't pick up ignite for some reason (ignite being used only in to-the-death fights). That is literally the only case I can possibly think of where it would be better than the standard build, and that's only if the standard build didn't do enough damage leading up to and during the fight to counter half a heal.
That's a good point comparing the new 1.5 sec grievous wounds passive to ignite. Since you can't activate it after an engagement anymore to stop their sustain/healing, the only time it really becomes useful is when both opponents are going all-in to the death, which is when you would always cast ignite anyway. Seeing that Ignite is still a popular pick with about 3 per team, this totally trumps the usefulness of the new active. Since I'm pretty sure the grievous wounds debuffs of Ignite and EC don't stack, or they stack multiplicative to a diminished effect, there is just absolutely no reason to buy this item now without the adc stats over just taking Ignite against heavy sustainers.

I can't think of a less popular item in Season 3. We'll have to check LoLKing after awhile to see if its abandonment comes close to other unpolular picks like Elysias Miracle, OhmWrecker, etc.