Racism in Chat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Llanthu

11-16-2012

Don't know if this topic goes here, but i think it is fair that ban to these people because they ruin the game, sorry again if is not the place for this topic.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19/racismuk.jpg/

MakJuice

11-16-2012

Nottt sure, if this is a trick question.. . . . . Racism is not good. . .

Sharkb8

11-16-2012

Are you asking if it's racist, or if they deserve a ban for racism?

Racism is an auto punish for me.

Is it racist?

I can't see the whole chat log (I don't think Riot likes Summoner names being posted, either, not entirely sure), but I would think that crosses the line. Some will say yes, others no. It depends on how the person who it was directed at felt. If they felt offended, then yeah I guess it's racist.

I mean, if someone hates Obama, suddenly they hate all black people and are racists, right?...so sure. (giggles, pokes the crowd)

Sharkb8

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkb8 View Post
I mean, if someone hates Obama, suddenly they hate all black people and are racists, right?...so sure. (giggles, pokes the crowd)
Sweet lord I'm probably going to regret this...but c'mon, it's funny, right?

Calys Teneb

11-16-2012

Quote:
Sweet lord I'm probably going to regret this...but c'mon, it's funny, right?
It's not racist...but it wasn't really funny either. It's too far afield and not really humor, just strange.

Tonaia

11-16-2012

LLanthu, thank you for asking about this however before I begin, please edit or take down the image because it violates forum rules about calling out players.

Okay, now for the meat.

Unfortunately we (as tribunal members) don't have access to pre and post game chat. If the person in question is blatantly calling out groups because they dislike them in the in game chat, then most tribunal members will choose to punish them for their hateful language.

Riot doesn't take this stuff lightly. Mexicans, Canadians, Americans, Europeans, Asians, they are all Riot's customers, and Riot has an interest in making their gaming experience as good as they can. Some yahoo spewing hate isn't going to last forever.

Sharkb8

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonaia View Post
LLanthu, thank you for asking about this however before I begin, please edit or take down the image because it violates forum rules about calling out players.
Thanks-clarifies it for me, too.

Llanthu

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonaia View Post

Okay, now for the meat.

Unfortunately we (as tribunal members) don't have access to pre and post game chat. If the person in question is blatantly calling out groups because they dislike them in the in game chat, then most tribunal members will choose to punish them for their hateful language.

Riot doesn't take this stuff lightly. Mexicans, Canadians, Americans, Europeans, Asians, they are all Riot's customers, and Riot has an interest in making their gaming experience as good as they can. Some yahoo spewing hate isn't going to last forever.
Thanks for the Answer, ill change the pic.

Rouge567

11-16-2012

Quote:
Are you asking if it's racist, or if they deserve a ban for racism?

Racism is an auto punish for me.

Is it racist?

I can't see the whole chat log (I don't think Riot likes Summoner names being posted, either, not entirely sure), but I would think that crosses the line. Some will say yes, others no. It depends on how the person who it was directed at felt. If they felt offended, then yeah I guess it's racist.

It's racist to mexicans