Lightbringer (OP updated)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyDeadGrandma

11-17-2012

It's only good on a few ranged carries, but those ranged carries are the only viables on dominion anyways.

BuddhaRice

11-17-2012

To put it straight, I stopped buying lightbringer on Vayne, which is recommended for her, the 3rd game I used it. It didn't feel like it improved my damage output or utility output by any means, even compared to a PD + Sang rush, noting that PD + IE rush is 2x stronger.

As you bring light upon changes to other items, I have a question for you, mista Nome.
For whom - maybe specific ad carries? - was this item designed for?

Life In Color

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Whenever I play a ranged AD, even if it's rare, I always take it. More often then not there is a stealth around.

Unstable Fury

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Let's talk about this item. How often is it purchased? How is its buildup? What would be the ramifications if it were removed?
Generally I don't see it used very often. I see oracles get a lot more play from AD or ASPD champs when countering stealth. (So long as the oracle purchasers don't just feed hard, it doesn't seem to slow them getting their builds out).

I play Talon and a few other stealth champions a lot on the Crystal Scar and I have to say I don't feel like I see ADCs or other ASPD champs building it very often to counter me.

Conversely, I find few AD champs I play can incorporate it into their builds without suffering ill effects (though I play a lot of AD casters and not ASPPD).

I personally don't like the buildup of the item. Buying the odd long sword or re curve bow doesn't feel beneficial to AD or ASPD champs in and of themselves. Trying to get a Lightbringer out sometimes feels like its slowing the rest of the build down.

I don't think it would be missed if it were removed per se, but ADs need some kind of stealth detection. Would love to see Grez's Lantern or variation of it on the Crystal Scar.

...This all might be moot depending which of the new S3 items make it to Dominion.

DiscworldDeath

11-18-2012

Lightbringer is a very good item I usually forget about when I play ADCs. I usually prefer other items on bruisers.

It's very useful when it's there, and not just for stealthers, but for the running battles that wander into the brush, often from bot towards the mid relic area.

Korkee

11-18-2012

I build it first for utility and a decent dps increase, then sell it if the game runs long

Talith PA

11-18-2012

The item feels terrible, both using it and playing against it. It feels bad building it for what you are getting vs what you are delaying and the counter play against it is to kill the carry and then wait 5 more seconds or have someone CC the carry and then try to get away for 5 seconds.

Personally I wish it had an active to drop a visible (but non-targetable) pink ward that lasts for 5 seconds (the same duration as current lightbringer proc and half the duration of an area sweep) as an active and built from a zeal instead of a recurve bow. That way you have some more interesting gameplay with and against the item as you can have temporary vision of an area without giving your presence away (you can see an enemy sweeper in the fog but won't know there is a temporary ward in there until you check inside and see it), and you can just walk away from the area it was dropped in without worrying about giving further intel away due to being revealed.

Morsetlis

11-18-2012

Give its passive to Wit's End and increase Wit's End cost by 200g or so.

MrSmileyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsetlis View Post
Give its passive to Wit's End and increase Wit's End cost by 200g or so.
that would be ridiculously broken

MMKH

11-18-2012

It seems like a niche item IMO, only a few ranged carries can use it effectively, such as Vayne, Ezreal or Kog. I think it doesn't have enough late-game presence and it feels expensive buying it early game too. There are more attractive items to buy like Brutalizer, IE, Sanguine, etc.

Maybe if there was a late-game upgrade that added some new stats or passive, it would be a more viable option for players.