Lightbringer (OP updated)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aroyok

11-16-2012

Underrated item, overshadowed by the traditional PD+IE/Sanguine type builds. It's good, but not good enough to justify getting it most of the time.

The good - gives sight, reveals stealth, nullifies bush humping and pesky stealthers
The bad - delays getting the bigger bill items

bierfaust

11-16-2012

Great item. Extremely cost effective and the passive effect is perfect.

Having said that, changing this item to be a DOM/TT replacement for phantom dancer would be a great way of introducing it to lower ELOs and possibly help mitigate some of the apparent rage that low ELO have with stealth Champions like Shaco.

Elalya

11-16-2012

Really solid situational mid-game item. Allows long range poke like Ezreal to effectively scout bushes. Really helps the mid-game ramp up when ADC's need to get some attack speed to be effective in early team fights. Completely shuts down enemy's ability to bush-juke.

Obviously, it's most effective when there are stealth heroes to shut down but stealth, especially drop-in stealth (Akali, Khazix, etc.), isn't a reliable mechanism on this map anyways (every team should have a sweeper).

Good build path allows for user to open with a long sword, if desired.

Overall, I don't think that it needs reworking.

Arance

11-16-2012

Decent stats and a passive that is very underestimated by most. The sight also seems to unfairly targets champions with a 'tactical stealth', which makes less sense now that Hextech Seeper's effect is nerfed and the old Eve/Twitch stealth is gone (and LB also manages to be entirely useless against shrooms and boxes). I'd like to see it taken out and replaced with an AD version of Hextech Sweeper, preferably one that would be viable on a slightly wider range of champions.

hinderlopen

11-16-2012

I get it while playing an AD bottom and the opponent is abusing the brush...i really hate brush mechanics sometimes. I also found that it's not really a game breaker vs stealth champions. It helps vs vayne akali and kha'zix since they have true battle stealth, but the other stealth champions will only run towards/away from you with stealth.

I'd like it to have a bit more AD, possibly building out of a pickaxe instead of a longsword.

Oug

11-16-2012

I used to get Lightbringer on Twitch (BEFORE rework when I played dominion).

First item.

Reasoning was that getting the poison stacks was most important thing early, and it countered some of the best champions (Akali). After that, IE, PD, PD, LW

Wawix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

The only champ I ever get it on is vayne, and only because it synergizes with the champion so well. I never get it to counter enemy invis.
I don't think the item needs a rework, it's good the way it is: situational.

LordofNarf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Lightbringer is an extremely good AD carry item in Dominion. Not just because of the passive, or the efficiency of the stats, but it does something very useful, which is builds out of mid-cost items very quickly.

While IE/PD may be the 'best' build in terms of single target DPS, if you fall behind the damage v defense/time curve in a game, it's difficult to farm up the money to get ahead again. Therefore, saving up for BF swords is really, really painful, and usually only efficient in the lategame.

Therefore, I really like builds that give ADC the ability to continue increasing in power as the game progresses, by building their multiplicative damage stats (AD, AS, crit chance, Apen). I find that Lightbringer/Ghostblade/Last Whisper/Executioner's Calling outperforms many IE/PD/SB builds.

Malah

11-16-2012

It's grossly undervalued.

Used on Ezreal for enhanced poke check, against champions with stealth abilities, and when there's a lot of action happening around bot lane bushes or in the jungle. It's fine how it is - generally if nobody wants to buy sweeper then someone should have a lightbringer. It also has a stat advantage of building out of low/mid-tier items and being a way to get cheap stats in one slot when that's desirable.

If the item was worth buying even when not against combat-applicable stealth users or when fighting on open ground, then suddenly everyone who can make use of the item will become a hard counter to stealth and brush juking, at which point it becomes totally pointless to use stealth mechanics or brush juking. Last I remember, the design goal in this area is to encourage use of tactics, not murder them with free hard counter. The item doesn't need any changes to it.

Vsin

11-16-2012

I'm really conflicted about this item. On one hand, it hard counters tactical steath and bush jukes so hard it's not even funny. On the other hand, it's a massive wad of AS with a pittance of AD.

IMO, I'd make its passive a temporary active with a short-ish cooldown (20-45s), and then throw a bit more AD on the item to compensate.