Lightbringer (OP updated)

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AgaresOaks

11-16-2012

It's a very efficient item. I personally feel it's highly underrated, especially now with the sweeper nerf. It's core on Vayne. Stunning but knocking your target out of sight is the worst feeling ever, and it synergises with her W. It's... probably core on Varus and Twitch too? If it isn't it probably needs a buff. Its role should be "hyper efficient item for any AD carry with an on-hit that doesn't synergise with crit" (well, maybe not Kog, the utility overlaps with his R). Beyond that, it has utility in countering stealth champions, so will be bought as a counter-item as well, and the efficiency helps in that regard too.
A small hawkshot active wouldn't be particularly broken though, and definitely add some needed flexibility to AD carries who are generally otherwise lacking in utility other than "beat its face in really hard".

But as I've said before: low cost for an "eh" effect might not be flashy, but it's often effective. I'd personally wait for a bit and see how it operates in S3 before doing anything too drastic. S3 adds quite a few items that DON'T synergise with crit, so I'd see how it operates in such an environment first. It costs... what? 1k less gold than its non-zeal "alternatives"? You have to be careful with an item like that.

SonsofaBastages

11-16-2012

I'll buy it on xin from time to time
It's nice to have honestly - a fast, cheap counter to stealth champs is a good thing

naotasan

11-16-2012

I would much rather buy something towards my final build (like a Phage or Zeal for example) instead building an optional item that I only need to build if they have stealth on their team.

It's a situational item, but it's a really good one.

GenesisV1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

It's fairly decent. While not slot efficient for DPS, it makes up for it by allowing you to chase someone without being juked or being forced to facecheck. I know a lot of good dominion players that love to buy hextech sweeper for roughly the same reason. However, I do feel the item is too attackspeed focused. Maybe reduce some of its attackspeed, and increase some of it's attack damage, or add in crit. Overall the item does do well if used properly. There's pretty much juking possibilities around every point on Dominion, so it's always useful.

Miirik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Let's talk about this item. How often is it purchased? How is its buildup? What would be the ramifications if it were removed?
i want to see this on SR

Rikukun

11-16-2012

good on ADC, especially bot lane if your enemies jukes bushes or stealths.

Tenebrae Corvus

11-16-2012

Amateur opinion: it's an underrated item but it's main problem is simply that you can get more damage with other items. Besides, visibility isn't usually considered as useful as raw damage.

HaIfhearted

11-16-2012

I feel its pretty mediocre.
It's completely out-classed by PD in every way if you want damage, and ranged ADs are all about those single-target deeps.

Only real use is countering stealthed stuff and brush jukes, but even then buying Lightbringer sets you behind on your actual damage stuff, so you're less likely to win straight-up fights that you should normally.

Remove it, or make some massive modifications. Right now its sub-par.

boomshackalak

11-16-2012

On many of the champs I play I don't really want to buy attack speed.

I will get it on vayne if I think I'll have a problem with stealth champs. That's about it.

blackDAILO

11-16-2012

I sometimes buy it when I use Vayne, extremely useful after I Condemn enemies into brushes. The attack speed it very nice on her too.

12345678 ... 13