Lightbringer (OP updated)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

11-22-2012

Hm... so thinking about this today while playing, I'd really love an AD item with the reveal active - but there's something else I miss on ADs from the Sweeper, and that's the fact that the Sweeper is just a pile of perfect stats for everyone (moreso now that it has movespeed o_O).

I think Grez's for a patch is fine, but people won't be too excited about the passive - I think it should be reworked to be pure awesome stats as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus Arts View Post
By the way isn't Frozen Heart worth much more attention in terms of balancing when You compare price/stats it gives?
I believe when the s3 items hit it's losing some armor, not sure if the price is changing as well...

TOP10 ELO

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
That's why this is being done, actually; to potentially replace/remove the passive eventually.
just don't make the item useless, i trust in you Nome

FOODFOOD

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PXShaman View Post
I think lightbringer should be removed. As an avid Wukong bot player, light bringer is a terribly op item.
As a WuKong player, you really have no room to call any item OP.

67chrome

11-26-2012

I always liked the idea behind the Lightbringer, brush is pretty scary to venture in as an ADC (as a ranged one, anyways) and causes running into brush to be a get-out-of-jail card more often than not for melee champions. Which is fine in Summoner's Rift, as most of those champions are at a disadvantage lanning, but in Dominion with all the action it's nice to have.

Beyond that you actually have to attack however you want to reveal and be all-out aggressive, and if you fallow a target into brush you were likely going to win the engagement in the first place. It doesn't help at revealing stealthers that are utilizing stealth to ambush you, just to escape from you, so I don't see a problem with stealth champions there. And for the stealthers that utilize it more to catch their breath and re-set cooldowns in the middle of a fight (Akali and Wukong), I've generally found Oracle's Extract to be an infinity better buy. For Kha'Zix, Evelynn, Twitch, Shaco, Talon, and Rengar it doesn't help against their ambush tactics, it only helps when they try to run away from a lost fight - which is a feat in and of itself for most champions that actually pick up the Lightbringer. Other than that it's handy at keeping a 550 ranged attack 550 range rather than 125 concerning the jungle.