Unable to connect to server [Firewall Issue?]

1234511 ... 32
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pastor Michael

11-16-2012

Today I started a game on rift as usual, but after champion selection when the game loads, there was a black screen, and eventually an error box that said "Unable to connect to server", and then some other text about how it may be a firewall issue. I don't think that's it, as I've allowed all instances of League in my normal firewall (Although there doesn't seem to be anything about League in the Windows Firewall), and I've even tried disabling the firewalls.

I personally have been playing League at my current location for 3 months now, and there haven't been any problems. I cannot personally open ports in my server (I have considered opening ports 5000-5500 but I cannot actually do it myself), and I don't see how that would be the problem considering how long League has been working before this.

This topic seemed to be posted before(?) but had very little reponse, I am also reposting in case someone else is having the same problem.

Thank you for your time, and I apologize to whatever players I abandoned in the game that was unable to enter.

ValiantValor

11-16-2012

I just got this issue, and it's so frustrating, I turned off all my firewalls, and I don't have access to the router (I'm in college). It's even more annoying because my roommates behind me are playing there own game right now.

Snailed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Same.. I cant join a game. I left it for 1.5 hours came back and it still trying to connect to a game that doesn't exist..

I even had a game on my smurf account and the came back to main account and it still wanted to connect to a game that doesnt exist.

Riot fix pleae ASAP.

Soo many people complaining about the same thing.. must be a client/sever bug issue. And I only really get these issues from bad programming. Not internet issues.

FredIsDead

11-17-2012

Yah I have the same problem. I've been playing league for several years and I've never encountered this issue before...

Wicked Rose

11-17-2012

It just happened to me.

LetMeCarryThis

11-17-2012

same here....

我是零

11-17-2012

Same thing just happened to me. I'm pretty sure Riot hates me cuz something always happens during my ranked games if I'm winning...destined to stay in elo hell >.<

Kazarack

11-17-2012

getting the same issue, in a ranked game atm..fml

1337bl00d

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

This issue just happened to me aswell and I'm pretty sure firewall has nothing to do with it because I had just played a game before.

Hardplace

11-17-2012

Also suffering from this, unable to reconnect each time you press it hangs at a black screen, same error message comes up.

1234511 ... 32