Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

nami feels very unresponsive.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

snowstriker

11-16-2012

Her W was bugged (at least earlier today) and took double mana

DisasterAverted

11-16-2012

It didn't bug when I played her, but if it was bugged that at least makes slightly more sense with OP's argument.

PeachyHime

11-16-2012

Quote:
KBloodslear:
I'm not sure what to think of her heal yet, as I didn't have much chance to use it during the laning phase of the one co-op game I played her.

In team fights, it seems alright - not so much for the heal / damage, but for proc'ing your passive on multiple allies.

I'd wager that her W isn't meant to provide heavy sustain for your ADC / allies, because she seems like a ranged CC support with this minor sustain in her W.

I don't want Nami to obsolete existing supports by having a stronger heal, in addition to her current kit.

Having said that, I haven't experimented much with the new items yet, so perhaps there's a way to augment or complement her W with heals / regen / shields from items.

Suggestions:
- Personally, I'd almost like to see her slow effect moved to her W when it hits enemies, and remove that from her ult (which seems really strong, given the width and length of the AoE + double CC). Not sure what would be needed to balance this change. It would also make the decision re: who to cast your W on initially more interesting, since right now, casting it on an ally allows you to proc your passive more frequently, whereas casting it first on an enemy only does a bit of damage.

- Also, another idea of interest would be to increase the effects of her W on each subsequent bounce.

If Nami builds no AP which supports tend not to, her ult doesn't have a great burst. The 'knock up' is very minimal to the point yea, just use it for the slow. It also doesn't hit like for example Sona's ult everyone in a quick burst. It has a slow start up and moves rather slowly, unless they are standing next to each other people can still harass you. So if you are losing a fight, don't expect this ult to save you like for example Sona's or Soraka's burst heal. I think people see the range read a double CC and think OP. It's only remotely 'op' when she builds AP and actually has damage to accompany said ult.

Her passive is a 1.5 second burst of speed if I remember correctly, I barely noticed it at all. Using her and buffing team mates or having an ally Nami cast a spell on me.

Kanderas

11-16-2012

If you have problems with Nami then you don't understand the direction in which Riot is trying to take the game. Riot doesn't like the way that heals stagnate games and force stalemates in fights, hence the large mana cost on her heal. All heals have high mana costs (well not Summoner Heal), so that they can't be used to grind the game to a halt. It's the same reason why Sona's heal was given a scaling mana cost from the flat 65 it used to be.

Quote:
PeachyHime:
If Nami builds no AP which supports tend not to...

This is why she seems bad. In case anyone didn't read Morello's announcement about her; she is not specifically intended to fulfil the support role, i.e. 0cs get the carry fed down bot. Rather she is a 'support champ' which means her kit is based around helping out her team, akin to Lux but better. Accordingly, she has significant AP ratios and is not optmised for use with typicaly supporting no-AP items which are best on champs with lower ratios and higher base numbers. Thus, when you build AP her heal is no where near as small; she helps her team immensely and has decent damage to go with it.

The only problem with her is that if she is a 'support champ' but not specifically a 'support role' champ, wtf is she supposed to do? Her abilities are reliant on being with another champion, and the only place she can do that is down bot -in the support role- which she isn't specifically designed to fulfil. The counter to this is the changes in the new patch. If Nami were to be released on Live right now she would quickly head down the path of Karma, a support champ who needs AP and doesn't work competitively well as 0cs, but with all the love supports have recieved with the S3 update there is no reason this should be a problem for her.

Oh and max CDR on her. It seems obvious that her cooldowns were set based on the assumption she'll have 40% so if you don't come close you're seriously gimping yourself. And late game it also means ~1.5 seconds gaps between your E buff for your carry.

PeachyHime

11-16-2012

Quote:
Kanderas:
If you have problems with Nami then you don't understand the direction in which Riot is trying to take the game. Riot doesn't like the way that heals stagnate games and force stalemates in fights, hence the large mana cost on her heal. All heals have high mana costs (well not Summoner Heal), so that they can't be used to grind the game to a halt. It's the same reason why Sona's heal was given a scaling mana cost from the flat 65 it used to be.

This is why she seems bad. In case anyone didn't read Morello's announcement about her; she is not specifically intended to fulfil the support role, i.e. 0cs get the carry fed down bot. Rather she is a 'support champ' which means her kit is based around helping out her team, akin to Lux but better. Accordingly, she has significant AP ratios and is not optmised for use with typicaly supporting no-AP items which are best on champs with lower ratios and higher base numbers. Thus, when you build AP her heal is no where near as small; she helps her team immensely and has decent damage to go with it.

The only problem with her is that if she is a 'support champ' but not specifically a 'support role' champ, wtf is she supposed to do? Her abilities are reliant on being with another champion, and the only place she can do that is down bot -in the support role- which she isn't specifically designed to fulfil. The counter to this is the changes in the new patch. If Nami were to be released on Live right now she would quickly head down the path of Karma, a support champ who needs AP and doesn't work competitively well as 0cs, but with all the love supports have recieved with the S3 update there is no reason this should be a problem for her.

Oh and max CDR on her. It seems obvious that her cooldowns were set based on the assumption she'll have 40% so if you don't come close you're seriously gimping yourself. And late game it also means ~1.5 seconds gaps between your E buff for your carry.

There lies the issue, she needs AP to work. Even in the new 'season' supports while not being completely gold starved are still lacking gold. Supports are known for their ability to sacrifice power, because their utility makes up for this. Karma fails in this regard, and even when she builds slight ap such as rabadons, she's still outclassed by the other supports utility. They bring yet another aura where she built AP to stay viable.

In a meta where supports are all about utility, and even with the new items why would you want to sacrifice another way to support your team or save your carry, just to build AP to keep yourself viable? It's a horrible trade off, Karma is being reworked because of this and we can only hope they don't make this mistake again.

Nemix

11-16-2012

Alright, after watching a full game of Nami on the PBE.

It seems there are apparently two bugs with her. Her W takes double mana and does not bounce 3 times only twice from what I've seen.

Also, I'm going to agree that her Q is bit odd for what it does. It's a quite hard skill shot to land and is pretty much exactly the same as Ziggs Q (skill and animation wise except Ziggs bounces).

Maybe if RIOT changes her Q to make a puddle that slowly evaporates for 1.5 sec if it does not land (the same time an opponent is stunned if landed, so will not effect the stun in anyway) and slows enemy's that pass through it then her Q would be a much more viable CC for either saving or initiating fights regardless if you land the stun or not.

King Roofus

Recruiter

11-17-2012

Quote:
E0L:
her W is very problematic you need to have your partner commits 100% to a fight if he tried to poke and you try to heal the dmg you only get 1 bounce at 2 bounces its still bad it heals for less then soraka whose heal also grants armor. and it has a longer cooldown then sona whose heal is comparable to the one bounce but also grants armor mr

so your stuck with a spell that the majority of the time fails to bounce for the 2nd heal and has a longer cool down with no defensive steroid. as a heal this spell is very inconsistent. you get half as much healing with no loss mitigation

her E is an AS steroid with a slow you use it when your DPS commits to do dmg the problem is as a healer you want to be doing some passive healing when stray pokes catch your partner to make sure hes not fighting with a handicap. this is unfeasible with nami because of the before hand mentioned and if you try you will have no mana for E

Why in gods name would you compare a spell that can heal or damage multiple targets to soraka heal?

Winktoblink

11-17-2012

You know her heal is quite large if you choose kage's as your third item, and upgrade it. I'd say first, but going philo's first for more harass is pretty good.
I max her w first, her e second, and her q last.
Sometimes I max e then q, depending on sustain needs.