Season 3 Items in Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPrince View Post
What about Blackfire Torch? Every AP champ is rushing this item and literally snowballing. This items wasn't required, it just made strong characters overpowered. Why cant you disable this item from dominion?(since hextech sweeper is already present and similar AD version is disabled on this map AND DFG is getting buffed.. alot..).

On side note, with these new items there will be many cases of champion x getting overpowered with item y. So please keep an eye on this.
EDIT: Ninja'd by Nome.

BFG is getting a significant nerf next patch. It's known to be overpowered, and that was done intentionally to fully realize the ramifications
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...3#post31493953
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...96287#31496287.

DiscworldDeath

11-16-2012

Nome, since AD is now cheaper, why didn't P. Blade get a bump in its AD? Is it because LS is now effectively more expensive, so it balances out?

With a side-dish of AD champs often being "good enough" already?

HaIfhearted

11-16-2012

I'm rather worried about Wraith collar myself.

I and some other guys got together on the PBE, and the guy who got Wrath collar stood on the bot lane speed shrine, well inside the fog of war, and when he activated it, the wraiths went halfway across the map and hit the bots coming out of their spawn.

That item has an absolutely ludicrous range, and the wraiths don't even need vision to acquire targets.

Another thing. Are you planning to change Prospectors items at all, or are you fine leaving them as is?

George W Nome

Game Designer

11-16-2012
5 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
I'm rather worried about Wraith collar myself.

I and some other guys got together on the PBE, and the guy who got Wrath collar stood on the bot lane speed shrine, well inside the fog of war, and when he activated it, the wraiths went halfway across the map and hit the bots coming out of their spawn.

That item has an absolutely ludicrous range, and the wraiths don't even need vision to acquire targets.

Another thing. Are you planning to change Prospectors items at all, or are you fine leaving them as is?
Prospector's Ring has 40 AP and 10 mana regeneration. Not worried about Wraith Collar, because it's 2 minute cooldown right now.

ricedream5

11-16-2012

You're leaving SOTD in...? Please review this? This is the most OP item in the history of LoL...

AlphaFerric

11-16-2012

Am I right in assuming all of the new costs will translate over to Dom as well? If so, this kind of changes the stuff I wrote in your kitae/entropy thread (though not entirely).

Hawktitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

On the ring - Any possiblity of taking away a little MP5 and a little AP and giving a little CDR?

30 AP, 5 mp5, 5% cdr?

I love getting the sword on ADs, and I hate the ring on APs. The change didn't make me feel much better about it. Still yucky, just less so.

Tenebrae Corvus

11-16-2012

Interesting, looks like Dominion is getting some needed refreshments. Thanks Nome and the rest of the team.

nguyenmb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Season 3 Items Excluded

Liandry's Lament is a weaker version of Blackfire Torch, and will be left out due to differences in champion viability.
Is it? I main lux and Liandry's lament seems like it would be better - especially when poking. But of course I'm just speculating.

boomshackalak

11-16-2012

I don't like Blackfire Torch. By the stats it gives I feel this item will always be great on Teemo, and that little guy is terrorizing me enough as it is. (I really do feel Teemo players have fun at other peoples expense)

If it stays in the game, can we please get a safer way of stealth detection (or possibly just shroom detection)? I like the idea of an Oracle's Extract that is not lost upon death. Constantly walking into shrooms is what I find to be the most annoying thing in dominion at the moment.

Truesight buff from the speedshrines?