Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Feedback][Bug] - Jungle Scaling Broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImRecordingYou

11-16-2012

I have been doing some solo test runs of 1-6 in the jungle and i'm coming up with some weird scaling numbers.

Xin Zhao
Levels 1 - 4
Wolves->Blue->Wraiths->Golems->Red->Wraiths 4:17 seconds
Level 4-6
Wolves->Golems->Wraiths
Wolves->Golems->Wraiths 6:58

Warwick
Levels 1-4
Wolves->Blue->Wraiths->Golems->Red->Wraiths 4:06 seconds
Level 4-6
Wolves->Golems->Wraiths
Wolves->Golems->Wraiths
Wolves->Golems 7:41

I'm uploading videos of each clear to Youtube now but each run is exactly the same and only off by a few seconds yet Warwick had to clear 2 extra camps to hit the same level.
Doesn't make sense. Even in the video when doing the Warwick run I hit B at the wraith camp thinking I would level just like Xin but I didn't.

Edit:
Side by side video playback
http://www.youtubedoubler.com/5MKi

[Solved]
Xin gained XP from mid minion wave.

ImRecordingYou

11-16-2012

Link fixed. Sorry had embedding disabled on youtube.

Dreampod

11-16-2012

That is incredibly flawed - you shouldn't be able to level up faster by clearing camps more slowly. Just to confirm though, you weren't running XP masteries, runes, or had a Zilean in that game - right?

Tail Rider

11-16-2012

Did you account for the experience xin zhao gained from the minions in mid? Not sure how much of an impact that might have been, it happens around 5:20, you can see him getting exp without killing the wraiths and while he's walking to wolves

ImRecordingYou

11-16-2012

Yep, same masteries, similar runes.

Quote:
Dreampod:
That is incredibly flawed - you shouldn't be able to level up faster by clearing camps more slowly. Just to confirm though, you weren't running XP masteries, runes, or had a Zilean in that game - right?

ImRecordingYou

11-16-2012

Nope, I didn't see this. Was it a large amount? 3 camps worth? That would explain it though.

Quote:
Tail Rider:
Did you account for the experience xin zhao gained from the minions in mid? Not sure how much of an impact that might have been, it happens around 5:20, you can see him getting exp without killing the wraiths and while he's walking to wolves

Sintobus

11-16-2012

Just watched it the minion wave under tower in any season like that yielded an exp lead~ Lol

Dreampod

11-16-2012

Quote:
lcizzlelc:
Nope, I didn't see this. Was it a large amount? 3 camps worth? That would explain it though.

Yup, he is right. Doing a quick review it looks like you get around 288 experience from mid lane minions.

ploki122

11-16-2012

Well... WW gained some too (still a bit less), so maybe the early reward scaling really is too aggressive...

Hiro Hamada

11-16-2012

Xin gained a metric ****ton of experience from mid. He was even gaining some while still in the wraith camp before he actually tried to walk across mid. This is why xin lvld faster.